Did the Falcons game change Dak?

Plankton

Reaction score
And on top of coming into the league to play behind far and away the worst OL in football, he had David Shula as his offensive coordinator (Norv didn't get there until 1991). And one month into the season they traded Herschel to the Vikings, so Paul Palmer was our leading rusher for the year. So you can see why Troy got injured in game 11 and missed the rest of the season. There was probably never a player happier to get put on IR.

Ball placement.

And Troy didn't play all 16 games in a season until 1992, he was getting battered week in and week out. So honestly, if Dak was ruined by a single 8 sack game he doesn't have what it takes.

Hilarious. Did not see that you posted this.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I got this thought from another thread but I believe it deserved its own discussion.

Dak wasn’t fantastic the first half or the year but I distinctively remember his touchdowns being amongst the best in the league. Our offense was also among the most efficient in the league pre-Elliott suspension. If there was a pro bowl mid year, Dak would’ve got the call.

Zeke being suspended was the turning point but why has Dak been so off in almost every game since then..with or without Zeke? He’s just not the same QB and all of us can agree with that no matter where we stand on the Dak spectrum.

I think it all comes back to the Falcons game. He had never been beat up like that. His confidence had to be reeling and he was surely hearing footsteps every week since. I wouldn’t be surprised if that game doesn’t give him nightmares.

Since that game, his mechanics have been way off, his decision making has been sketchy and he has also been more reluctant to take chances. Not to mention, he has had happy feet in the pocket. These are not all traits of Dak pre-Atlanta. Something changes with his mindset.

Much like a kicker, a young QB’s game is built on confidence and momentum. You can take the most physically gifted young QB, take away his confidence and you will see his play fall off a cliff. I still have faith in Dak and hopefully the offseason gets his mind right but if his career never recovers, that game will surely be seen as the turning point.

i think Dak got the crap sacked out of him in Atlanta game....most all blame on coaches for not helping the LT sooner...i think Dak did not get over
that game.....he was never comfortable again....really really poor judgment from coaches...but they had poor poor judgment in so many areas this year???

JDSmith

Reaction score
Hilarious. Did not see that you posted this.

What's funny is that I saw my name in the quote and saw the video and assumed you were replying to the video post. I had to go back and look to see that you had actually posted the same video, and mentioned the ball placement.

risco

Reaction score
I got this thought from another thread but I believe it deserved its own discussion.

Dak wasn’t fantastic the first half or the year but I distinctively remember his touchdowns being amongst the best in the league. Our offense was also among the most efficient in the league pre-Elliott suspension. If there was a pro bowl mid year, Dak would’ve got the call.

Zeke being suspended was the turning point but why has Dak been so off in almost every game since then..with or without Zeke? He’s just not the same QB and all of us can agree with that no matter where we stand on the Dak spectrum.

I think it all comes back to the Falcons game. He had never been beat up like that. His confidence had to be reeling and he was surely hearing footsteps every week since. I wouldn’t be surprised if that game doesn’t give him nightmares.

Since that game, his mechanics have been way off, his decision making has been sketchy and he has also been more reluctant to take chances. Not to mention, he has had happy feet in the pocket. These are not all traits of Dak pre-Atlanta. Something changes with his mindset.

Much like a kicker, a young QB’s game is built on confidence and momentum. You can take the most physically gifted young QB, take away his confidence and you will see his play fall off a cliff. I still have faith in Dak and hopefully the offseason gets his mind right but if his career never recovers, that game will surely be seen as the turning point.
I agree with you. The Atlanta game changed Dak. He took several hard hits that game and may have sustained a concussion.

willia451

Reaction score
Tony Romo got destroyed in the playoffs against the Vikings in 2009. He got beat up so bad he reportedly passed out in the shower after the game.

The next season in 2010 his game was definitely effected with the team going 1-4 before he went out for the season to his first collar bone fracture.

Tony Romo still talks about that Vikings game in 2009 to this very day.

So yes. Things like what happened to Dak in Atlanta can get in your head and stay with you a very long time. Especially when you realize there is not going to be much help coming from the coaches as far as answers are concerned.

I believe the Atlanta game did have an effect on Dak. Speaking for me only. How much and for how long?Only he can answer that.

So we'll see.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Tony Romo got destroyed in the playoffs against the Vikings in 2009. He got beat up so bad he reportedly passed out in the shower after the game.

The next season in 2010 his game was definitely effected with the team going 1-4 before he went out for the season to his first collar bone fracture.

Tony Romo still talks about that Vikings game in 2009 to this very day.

So yes. Things like what happened to Dak in Atlanta can get in your head and stay with you a very long time. Especially when you realize there is not going to be much help coming from the coaches as far as answers are concerned.

I believe the Atlanta game did have an effect on Dak. Speaking for me only. How much and for how long?Only he can answer that.

So we'll see.

If it did have a lasting effect, at least he's now had half a season to get over it. Combined with the offseason hopefully he'll put it behind him. Because if he continues to feel phantom pressure it will make for a long season and a short career.