Did the Falcons game change Dak?

canters

Reaction score
That game was a nightmare, but I am optimistic no permanent damage was done. Protect him, give him someone to throw to, and we will see.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I get that.

Troy was probably used to it by then. Dak went from having a clean pocket to getting murdered by a scrub defensive end all game due to coaches not
making adjustments.

FWIW...it did seem like he played much better when he got Tyron back...maybe he trusted his blind side more.

Screw his numbers with and without Zeke...I would love to see his numbers with and without Tyron.

I think @percyhoward posted some of them in another thread.

pitt33

Reaction score
I have no idea why Dak’s play became so uneven. And other than the protection issues at LT, no idea what’s wrong with the offense.
Watching the NFL these last few years it appears many teams go through a funk. One year their good and nine months later they suck. It’s amazing to me how teams flip in this league.

The most consistent teams all have one thing in common: Great quarterback play.

You can count the number of great quarterbacks playing in the NFL at any one time on one hand.

Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Ryan, Rodgers now. They will probably be replaced by Goff, Wentz, Garrapolo and Watson.

It’s been like that for as long as I remember.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Screw his numbers with and without Zeke...I would love to see his numbers with and without Tyron.
with Zeke active
184 of 293 1999 yd (6.8 ypa) 16 td 6 int 92.5
without Zeke
107 of 167 1146 yd (6.9 ypa) 5 td 7 int 76.6
differential -15.9 points

with all 5 OL playing most of game
212 of 338 2464 yd (7.3 ypa) 21 td 6 int 98.0
without
79 of 122 681 yd (5.6 ypa) 0 td 7 int 55.4
differential -42.6 points

Kaiser

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me. The pass protection was so piss poor, it practically had me ducking for cover.

@blindzebra had a great post in another thread, after that game Dak would roll out on instinct because he would hear footsteps. His mechanics suffered because of that and defenses could key on it. Defenes also didn't have to respect play fakes with Zeke suspended.

I think its the inverse of the "Success has a thousand Fathers" thing, it was a bunch of small(ish) things snowballing.

Kaiser

Reaction score
That game was a nightmare, but I am optimistic no permanent damage was done. Protect him, give him someone to throw to, and we will see.

Get Tyon and Zeke back, then draft a guy like Calvin Ridley. You solve 90% of the problems in that case.

conner01

Reaction score
The biggest problem to me is technique
He needs to really work on his footwork and reads this off season
I also think he forced more things this year. He missed seeing some open guys last year but it sure felt like last year he threw to who ever was open and this year many times it felt like is dez was singled they were going to him
Seemed like we forced the ball to dez

lostar2009

Reaction score
Yeah at that point Dak realize coaches was trying to get him killed. Thinking about playing with for a season.

links18

Reaction score
Dak sailed a sure TD pass right over the head of a wide open receiver on opening night against the Giants. His accuracy issues didn't start all of a sudden in the middle of the season.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Young QBs need to have their QB coach on the field, not in the press box. They need to have someone to sit with him between drives, go over the pictures and settle him down. I always saw him sitting on the bench by himself. No coaching going on.
Exactly. Not to mention he is the Dallas Cowboys QB AND in his second year with public expectations to better his freshman year.

GREAT job Garrett. Your job to chomp some *** and rectify a crucification of a young, 4th round QB playing professional football.

Silly me......I thought coaching made this product professional football.

Man, was I way off.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. Not to mention he is the Dallas Cowboys QB AND in his second year with public expectations to better his freshman year.

GREAT job Garrett. Your job to chomp some *** and rectify a crucification of a young, 4th round QB playing professional football.

Silly me......I thought coaching made this product professional football.

Man, was I way off.
Take a deep breath, my friend. Lol

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Take a deep breath, my friend. Lol
Salud, Coach......that game infuriated me.

Had Rob Pettitti nightmares for days afterwards. Although, it was never as bad as the Green incident was. Even his own Mama wouldn't answer the phone.

And for the record...... couldn't have felt worse for Chaz.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I've seen the look on players faces when they come to the sidelines and look to their coach for answers. I don't think Dak got any answers in that game. It's not a good feeling, they never adjusted and give him extra protection in that game.
Why didn’t Dak change the protection in his pre snap reads

blindzebra

Reaction score
The biggest problem to me is technique
He needs to really work on his footwork and reads this off season
I also think he forced more things this year. He missed seeing some open guys last year but it sure felt like last year he threw to who ever was open and this year many times it felt like is dez was singled they were going to him
Seemed like we forced the ball to dez
We started off last year with Dez out and when he came back we allowed the game to come to him, and when he was open Dak found him. We absolutely have forced the ball to Dez this season and it has a lot to do with the offensive troubles.