Did we ever figure out the Dak and Ceedee issue vs GB?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Early in the game their was clearly a disconnect with these two, Ceedee was noticeably upset. I could see if they'd been playing for several quarters, but this was EARLY in the game. Can you put your mind on it, let me know your thoughts on what you think the issue was, and if it's actually solved. Please give your thoughts
weak minded individuals. the whole team. they expected to walk on and cruise to victory. then they got punched in the mouth and went "oh they are serious!!"...

glimmerman

Reaction score
Mentally weak team. The ownership on down was too busy celebrating making the playoffs like they had won something. They all failed to take GB seriously. Culture of participation trophies and coddled stars. Winning in the post season is an afterthought.
Played like they looked past them. Was worried about the next game. Lamb knew better. Dak thew 2 picks and Defense was no help either.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Jerry said not important forget that game give everyone a raise and call it all in.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
complete team meltdown.
The regular season displayed warning signs of postseason lack of tenacity and grit early on. Missing parts of the offensive line was no excuse for the team not making the Arizona game competitive at the very least. The Cardinals went into that game led by their backup quarterback, who the Browns made available to them and who Arizona shuttled to the Vikings after Kirk Cousins' injury.

Journeyman quarterback Joshua Dobbs mocked Dallas after the 28-16 embarrassment. It could have served as a wake up call to start playing every game like it was their last. Nope. In my opinion, the team's overall level of play remained mostly flat. They should be grateful the Chargers, Seahawks and Lions did not execute their gameplans better against Dallas. The cards would have either been flipped and Dallas would have been the eventual visiting wild card team or out of the playoffs altogether.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I was too. I allowed myself to get caught in some of the hype. I should have known better.
I don’t think you or I was wrong to think or expect better from them. My concern was our lack of running game and ability to stop the run. Our Defense gave up 20 points in the 2nd quarter and didn’t really make any half time changes. Gave up another 14 in 3rd quarter. Team folded.

I will be pulling for them again this season. That’s why we are fans.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
As Dak was ramping up for MVP, I noticed that he was all over the place doing commercials, infomercials, interviews, etc. Look some of that is to be expected and was probably scheduled before the team.

But since he wet the bed during the playoffs, not a word from #4...except when he's hiding behind children/charity events.

I suspect if he had won just 2 playoff games...not even the NFC Championship game... we'd have seen more of Rayne Dakota than we can stand.

Mikexike

Reaction score
As Dak was ramping up for MVP, I noticed that he was all over the place doing commercials, infomercials, interviews, etc. Look some of that is to be expected and was probably scheduled before the team.

But since he wet the bed during the playoffs, not a word from #4...except when he's hiding behind children/charity events.

I suspect if he had won just 2 playoff games...not even the NFC Championship game... we'd have seen more of Rayne Dakota than we can stand.
He's not hiding....... He's working on getting into the best shape of his life to lead this team to a championship! :muttley:

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
He's not hiding....... He's working on getting into the best shape of his life to lead this team to a championship! :muttley:
I'll give him this: He's no longer the pudgy 22 year old with baby fat...he's lean and in shape for a 30 year old QB. Just look at Baker Mayfield, Romo and other QBs who look like crap because they really only need their arm and limited mobility.

That said...the job description is "passer" not Adonis. Give me a drunk headcase rubber arm guy like David Wells over a Kenny Rogers who can't pitch well in a big market town as the starting pitcher.

oldschoolfan

Reaction score
Early in the game their was clearly a disconnect with these two, Ceedee was noticeably upset. I could see if they'd been playing for several quarters, but this was EARLY in the game. Can you put your mind on it, let me know your thoughts on what you think the issue was, and if it's actually solved. Please give your thoughts
GB secondary played a matchup zone… looks man to man but plays zone. (Like great Syracuse defenses back in the day of Jim Boheim coaching). Dak reads man but looks to make to throw when DB comes into the area causing hesitation on the throw…. Dak looses confidence not sure where to go on the throws.

McCarthy should have had long patterns to open mid zone with tightends

loublue22

Reaction score
GB took him out of the game with their coverage, coaches didn't adjust and Dak was a deer in the headlights. Recipe for frustration.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Except there really wasn't anything weird going on. Dak can't handle the pressure of playoff football, that's all there is to it.
And playing from behind at home , suddenly all eyes on him . After a quick 3 n out the deer in headlights look came on .

Big D

Reaction score
Well...coach was over there hugging coddling Ceedee...and Dak proceeded to throw a brainless interception forcing the ball.

Something was very weird...
I saw it coming. All to placate the crybaby. I like CeeDee's skills but he's Headstrong WR like the other 88's

kskboys

Reaction score
I'll give him this: He's no longer the pudgy 22 year old with baby fat...he's lean and in shape for a 30 year old QB. Just look at Baker Mayfield, Romo and other QBs who look like crap because they really only need their arm and limited mobility.

That said...the job description is "passer" not Adonis. Give me a drunk headcase rubber arm guy like David Wells over a Kenny Rogers who can't pitch well in a big market town as the starting pitcher.
Remember when Wells lost that belly, and then couldn't pitch anymore!!!!!!