Did we ever find out what was going on with CeeDee Lamb to start the game?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Whether he was telling the truth or not, McCarthy said it was all about trying to get him on a vertical route. Sounded like he wasn’t seeing it the way Mike and Dak were seeing it, and Mike was talking to him about taking a route more vehicle. That’s what Mike replied when asked.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
After one drive CeeDee went off which was strange. This has hatched a whole bunch of conspiracy theories too.

All I can say is the Cowboys went away from everything that worked right for them and decided to go back to their pre-bye week (read, 49ers game in October) playbook.

The question is why? And why did the entire team- as in every single unit- play like they were blindfolded?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Whether he was telling the truth or not, McCarthy said it was all about trying to get him on a vertical route. Sounded like he wasn’t seeing it the way Mike and Dak were seeing it, and Mike was talking to him about taking a route more vehicle. That’s what Mike replied when asked.
That sounds like a half truth. There was no reason for Lamb to get so animated about that one offensive series into the game. Especially since we have never really seen him act this way before.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
After one drive CeeDee went off which was strange. This has hatched a whole bunch of conspiracy theories too.

All I can say is the Cowboys went away from everything that worked right for them and decided to go back to their pre-bye week (read, 49ers game in October) playbook.

The question is why? And why did the entire team- as in every single unit- play like they were blindfolded?
The honest answer to that question would be a national security threat, one that the cowboys nation doesn't seem to want to accept....

RodeoJake

Reaction score
CeeDee was bummed because Dak wasn't serving his favorite Doritos at the victory party immediately following the game.

Staubacher

Reaction score

Definitely raises eyebrows

Staubacher

Reaction score
That sounds like a half truth. There was no reason for Lamb to get so animated about that one offensive series into the game. Especially since we have never really seen him act this way before.
He didn't even really look mad to me he looked sad and dejected. It almost seemed like Mike was telling him to go along with the program

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He didn't even really look mad to me he looked sad and dejected. It almost seemed like Mike was telling him to go along with the program
It gave the vibe that either he was totally in disagreement with something about the game plan OR something personal. The way it was there from the beginning was weird like maybe he had some sort of non football related disagreement with someone.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the cowboys were ordered to throw the game? and no one told lamb, explains it all.

khiladi

Reaction score
You could tell the whole first half, Dak was looking for CD, but GB was doing a good job of covering him and shadowing him. As usual, Dak can’t play well if his first read isn’t there.

Like the quote from Slater said came from a cowboys WR, when Dak’s first read isn’t there he panics.

What has been obfuscating it this year is the horrible pass defenses he played and how good the Cowboys OL was in pass protection that it could compensate consistently for Dak’s slow processing time.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Maybe CD didn’t like the NFL issued script for the game. Dak and Parsons ate it up and asked for seconds.