Did we ever find out what was going on with CeeDee Lamb to start the game?

Sydla

Reaction score
Not really.

No, it's not his first read and you don't move off of that. Just like the INT to Gallup against SF, you throw that expecting the WR to cross face. It is fundamental for a WR to do that.

I don't give Dak a pass. What I'm saying is that no QB can be successful in this environment so it is stupid to move off of one who is prolific in it.
Prolific when facing mediocre to bad teams.

He's a dog more often than not when the chips are down in important games.

He's just not good enough. He doesn't suck. He's pretty good. He's just not good enough as is the OC/HC.

PS - You pimp Warner's analysis but in the clips you showed, he's pretty much wondering why Dak didn't throw to Lamb in that spot. So you can't pick and choose what Warner says to prop up Dak.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Prolific when facing mediocre to bad teams.
This is such a stupid argument, I'm not even reading anything else. Do every quarterback. Show me the quarterbacks who are prolific against good defenses with any consistency. You constantly speak in platitudes but present absolutely nothing to prove yourself true.

You people hold Dak to an impossible standard and then expect to improve with some other guy. It's ridiculous logic.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is such a stupid argument, I'm not even reading anything else. Do every quarterback. Show me the quarterbacks who are prolific against good defenses with any consistency. You constantly speak in platitudes but present absolutely nothing to prove yourself true.

You people hold Dak to an impossible standard and then expect to improve with some other guy. It's ridiculous logic.
What impossible standard?

I don't expect him to win 6 SBs like Brady. I didn't even expect him to a win a SB this year (my gut said NFCCG where a better 49ers team would beat us).

But I don't think it's an unrealistic expectation to have for your top paid QB to show up more often in big games. I don't think it's an unrealistic expectation to have your so called top flight QB play better than he has in the postseason. I don't need him or expect him to be Aaron Rodgers in his prime out there. But I don't think it's unfair to ask of him to be better in big spots than he has been.

You will never, ever hold him accountable for the issues that are his and his alone. You will always look to find blame with someone else - the OC, the OL wasn't good, the WRs messed up, the TE did this, the RB did that.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
What impossible standard?
It is an impossible standard because it is not tied to context of what QBs in the league actually do.

You say things like "bad" "small" and "ok." Those are all relative terms, but you don't do the work to show what they are relative to.

I hold him accountable for bad decisions all the time. He made a bad decision on the pick-6, for instance. He's not a great thrower of the deep ball and sometimes his clock goes too fast. The problem is that this happens to EVERY quarterback, to one degree or another. It is impossible for QBs to never have a bad game. The system in Dallas means that when he isn't good - really when he isn't great - they have no chance. You refuse to recognize that those issues will make it near impossible for ANY quarterback to succeed.

Just straight up making **** up.

Sydla

Reaction score
It is an impossible standard because it is not tied to context of what QBs in the league actually do.

You say things like "bad" "small" and "ok." Those are all relative terms, but you don't do the work to show what they are relative to.
Wait, so it's an impossible standard to expect my so called elite QB to perform better than he has in the postseason, for example?

I mean, I watch other QBs play well in the postseason. But apparently it's too much to ask my star QB to also play well?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Wait, so it's an impossible standard to expect my so called elite QB to perform better than he has in the postseason, for example?

I mean, I watch other QBs play well in the postseason. But apparently it's too much to ask my star QB to also play well?
Quantify it. Platitudes are stupid.

I mean, God forbid anyone else play well. Nobody on this team makes plays in big moments.

hopemsu

Reaction score
our offense managed to score 32 points, with a pick 6 and another bad interception. according to most all but 7 of the cowboys points were in "garbage time" when the fans were allowed to suit up and play defense for the packers. For the flip side of that, did the packers offense go to a garbage time scheme, if so, im thankful. Otherwise they would've score 118 points likely against our defense, whom is totally responsible for us never having the lead in the game.

Praxit

Reaction score
Listen to Michael Irvin. He broke down several key plays and explained how CeeDee could have done better, along with not pouting like a child. It's the reason McCarthy had to go up to him. Facts are right there. You just refuse to accept them because it doesn't fit into your Dak hate agenda.
..yep, sounds about right. They we're doubling Lamb.

IF he wanted the ball, more separation was needed. Which is more mental work.

Dak was already was under duress, finding tight spots.

This was lack of preparation on thier part. They should have known, GB was throwing the kitchen sink at them.

Sydla

Reaction score
Quantify it. Platitudes are stupid.

I mean, God forbid anyone else play well. Nobody on this team makes plays in big moments.
You are right, not many played well. Which is why I also think the coaching staff bears responsibility (and now was the time to purge it and start over).

But Dak isn't some random guy here. He's not some random starter. He's the QB, the most influential player on the field. He's also the highest paid player on the field. Your last sentence is just another attempt to shift blame away from him. Sure no one really played well, but that includes our QB. And rightfully or wrongfully, a QB gets the most scrutiny (on any team) because he has the most influence of any positional player on the outcome of a game.

It's certainly not outrageous for this fanbase to expect more out of Dak when the playoffs come around. It's frankly bizarre that you seem to be fighting that very simple point.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You are right, not many played well. Which is why I also think the coaching staff bears responsibility (and now was the time to purge it and start over).

But Dak isn't some random guy here. He's not some random starter. He's the QB, the most influential player on the field. He's also the highest paid player on the field. Your last sentence is just another attempt to shift blame away from him. Sure no one really played well, but that includes our QB. And rightfully or wrongfully, a QB gets the most scrutiny (on any team) because he has the most influence of any positional player on the outcome of a game.

It's certainly not outrageous for this fanbase to expect more out of Dak when the playoffs come around. It's frankly bizarre that you seem to be fighting that very simple point.
Idk I'm not reading this.

You can't/won't quantify anything so you're just repeating the same nonsense.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Wow, if that wasn't the "OMG, OMG 42 Quarters!" Parsons whinery 'round these parts, I don't know what was.

zeke21

Reaction score
That first video... I don't know why he didn't throw it to CeeDee anyway.

Like right here ball could have been in the air, you know CeeDee is going to push off making that cut.
Why do you throw it to that short route where defender is up his ____?

Would have had a better chance with CeeDee's route than that comeback at that point.
At least unlikely to get intercepted.

You have a safety coming to help, but he would have been late to the spot.

Z9TtGhy.png

OzyeZ2I.png
Most analysts (and anyone who understands football) agree. NFL QBs have to release the ball, sometimes before a receiver is in the position.. that is the timing of a play and trust in each other. THAT is one of Daks known weaknesses.. he needs a receiver to be open, open and open before he will release the ball.. he jumps off that first read and panics.

100% the ball should have gone to CeeDee and I think you will find it is after this play (or a couple of minutes later) that MM goes over to CeeDee.

Warner makes some excuses for Dak and he clearly does not like MMs play calling.. and I tend to agree.. but even Warner has to acknowledge and DOES acknowledge that Dak choose the wrong throw because he fundamentally does not understand coverages and does not have the confidence to make the throws he needs too.

The 2nd Int was just a bad pass..