Did we gain a few more Dak fans tonight?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
While I agree the defense played great for most of the game, it's hard to claim Dak kept them on the field, when the ToP was double for us. Yes, the defense had a lot to do with that, but so did the offense.
Yeah I keep hearing people say that......Dak's turnovers had nothing to do with the defense staying on the field. Even on those picks those were long drives. Defense wasn't on the field no time that game.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I'm no fan of Dak....I still think hes a bad and wildly inconsistent QB

I gave him his props for tonight's win though

455 yards 3 tds...

Exactly. He is wildly inconsistent and thats why there is such a wide divide in the opinions of him.

Some only focus on the good things he does and will overlook 2 or 3 bad quarters. Some will only see the bad things and overlook the good. But in the end he hurts us as much as he helps us.

In the end he winds up as a middle of the pack average QB, but not because he's consistently mediocre but because he's consistently hot and cold, sometimes from quarter to quarter or possession to possession.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I love how Dak’s couple of missed deep balls get talked about more than, say, his DIMES to Cooper for deep TDs.

Nevermind the fact that he’s reading the field well enough to find the open guy time and time again. He’s calm in big moments and delivers like a BOSS in the clutch.

Example:

2nd and 19 in OT... big holding call has our drive in trouble. Dak checks down to an open Zeke for 10, then Dak hits Cooper on a crossing route. 1st down. That is BIGTIME QB play there.

Do you clowns actually watch NFL football? Or JUST the Cowboys?

Did you happen to miss Wentz’s missed deep balls IN THE SAME GAME?
:laugh:

Rewatch their hero Wentz on all his third down throws in this exact same game. Wow. If that was Dak, they'd have him traded or released since we couldn't even get a 7th for him.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He is a Cowboy we are all fans.

However, I still think he is holding this team back from being a real contender.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
While I agree the defense played great for most of the game, it's hard to claim Dak kept them on the field, when the ToP was double for us. Yes, the defense had a lot to do with that, but so did the offense.

You cant keep teams around and give them a sh ok r field.

Because of dak , Jones gave up his 1st TD of the season on that little crappy GL TD after the int by dak.

Jones stays perfect if philly continues bad field position their next drive and Dallas scores instead of the turnover in the RZ.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You cant keep teams around and give them a sh ok r field.

Because of dak , Jones gave up his 1st TD of the season on that little crappy GL TD after the int by dak.

Jones stays perfect if philly continues bad field position their next drive and Dallas scores instead of the turnover in the RZ.
I'm not defending the ineptitude of our O, I'm just saying ToP suggests that the defense wasn't on the field very much.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeah I keep hearing people say that......Dak's turnovers had nothing to do with the defense staying on the field. Even on those picks those were long drives. Defense wasn't on the field no time that game.
2nd pic was not on a long drive. Of course, that resulted in the Eagles having an extremely short drive as well.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
You know dak is going to be the death of this team right?

All fun and dandy now but just watch. Dak will let this wonderful defense and fanbase down.

Lol.... again some of you act like Dak is the only one on this team. Cause if we go by your theory, then you absolutely hate Romo.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I'm not defending the ineptitude of our O, I'm just saying ToP suggests that the defense wasn't on the field very much.

Yeah but they were on the field in back to back short stints because of the offense throughout the game. ToP doesnt tell the whole story at all.

There were times in that ToP where the defense didnt get to rest much or were a little gassed.

They were definitely tired in the 4th because of the damage done in 1,2, and 3.

Jaylon and LVE looked as if they've been in a 12 rd boxing match standing with hands on hips pushing to give all they have to bail these fools out yet again.

And people wonder why they finally gave up plays.

That was the first dogfight I've seen that defense get into all season and it didnt even have to be that way from the beginning.

As the game went I worried would they hold up and all I kept saying was Cmon Dak, cmon offense, give us something, give this defense a break.

I know what I seen on my television and I did not like it most of the time.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak is killing me. I thought he cost us the game a few times. But at the end he is a gamer and made the plays. Amazing concentration by Cooper to catch the tipped pass.