Did we gain a few more Dak fans tonight?

Sydla

Reaction score
When you watch the film you will see Gallup pulled up on one of the deep throws, the other was on Dak
Those aren’t easy passes though and that’s why the league avg on those throws is so low
The int on the over throw wasn’t a hard pass
The int in the end zone could have been deeper but was a very good defensive play
The fumble was on Dak, has to learn to feel that pressure and get rid of it

It’s an easy throw when the guy is wide open and you have a clean pocket.

That’s the second week in a row he’s had Gallup wide open for a long TD, clean pocket and just rocketed one too far.

In today’s NFL, you can’t miss plays like that which are basically easy gifts.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
When you watch the film you will see Gallup pulled up on one of the deep throws, the other was on Dak
Those aren’t easy passes though and that’s why the league avg on those throws is so low
The int on the over throw wasn’t a hard pass
The int in the end zone could have been deeper but was a very good defensive play
The fumble was on Dak, has to learn to feel that pressure and get rid of it

The stat you are ussing is not a good one... Id like to see a stat on those passes to a WR that has 4 or more yards on a DB. The stat you used is just deep balls.... couldbe balls where the WR is completely covered, so comparing the balls Dak is missing with Gallup to passes that miss covered Wrs is apples and oranges.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He seems to have more problems than most of the those young QBs deemed to be franchise QBs.

The reality is for as good as he looked at times today, he was also a big reason why this game was even close to begin with.

Maybe. I look at Wentz and I see the same issues in Dak that I see in Wentz. He doesn't protect the football, he refuses to throw the ball away, poor footwork......he actually takes unnecessary hits for no reason at all. He also has a problem locking in on Ertz.

Same can be said for Tribuksy, Mariota, Watson and Winston....and all three of those guys were top 10 picks. Mahomes and Goff seem to be in the lead of young qb's but let's remember how bad he looked prior to McVey getting there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

That’s the second week in a row he’s had Gallup wide open for a long TD, clean pocket and just rocketed one too far.

Wentz missed two throws the same way....he actually over threw Jeffrey's which I Didn't think was possible since he catches everything.

Sydla

Reaction score
Maybe. I look at Wentz and I see the same issues in Dak that I see in Wentz. He doesn't protect the football, he refuses to throw the ball away, poor footwork......he actually takes unnecessary hits for no reason at all. He also has a problem locking in on Ertz.

Same can be said for Tribuksy, Mariota, Watson and Winston....and all three of those guys were top 10 picks. Mahomes and Goff seem to be in the lead of young qb's but let's remember how bad he looked prior to McVey getting there.

I’d trade Dak for Watson without even blinking.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wentz missed two throws the same way....he actually over threw Jeffrey's which I Didn't think was possible since he catches everything.

Wentz was pretty shoddy today until late in the game.

He was completely lost until we gave them the ball on the two yard line. That scored seems to energize Wentz.

cmoney23

Reaction score
I'm a big Dak "fan".

He is flawed, but he is way better than he should be at this stage. He's a spread QB, with poor coaching, an outdated system, average oline play, and a few weapons. Give him more time and better QB coaching and he can be great.

With that said, he looked awful in the first half or so. Just a yard off and step late.

But he played it out and keep fighting. It was great to see.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I’ve been around and watched a lot of football. Some teams have great QB’s that lead the team. Some teams have great defenses that lead the team. I’ve seen all kinds of combinations. The only thing that matters is getting the win. Dak is no Brady or Rogers as far as accuracy but he’s got a good handle on this offense and he’s a fighter. He never quits. It’s not in his mentality like it is for a lot of fans who turn and run calling for tanking after the first loss. He is a great leader just like Brady is. He’s also very young and is only going to get better. With this defense and this Dak, YES, I think we can do some damage in the playoffs. Look what the Bears are doing to the mighty Rams tonight. Look what we did to the might Saints. Yes, this team can win the Super Bowl with all its warts.

Sorry not happening no matter how you try to sound it. This style of play will not last long.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
without watching the film, how about the td pass to cooper that was picked because it was under thrown. How about the 2 wide open deep balls to Gallup, How about the curl to Gallup that was way over his head that was also picked. Is that quite a few, or just a few?

Those are eazy throws to you? 45 yard sideline bombs are easy

You should try out lmao

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’d trade Dak for Watson without even blinking.
Ok....? I'd trade Michael Gallup for Adam Thielen. There's a bunch of guys I'd trade for.

Wentz was pretty shoddy today until late in the game.

He was completely lost until we gave them the ball on the two yard line. That scored seems to energize Wentz.
Sounds like DAk...was pretty lost until Martin and Zeke got hurt.....then he stepped his game up.

conner01

Reaction score
The stat you are ussing is not a good one... Id like to see a stat on those passes to a WR that has 4 or more yards on a DB. The stat you used is just deep balls.... couldbe balls where the WR is completely covered, so comparing the balls Dak is missing with Gallup to passes that miss covered Wrs is apples and oranges.
A good point. All deep balls aren’t equal but to expect a QB to hit more than half is not happening
Dak needs to improve on deep passes but if he got to say 35-38% that’s probably pretty reasonable

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Lets remind everyone that Dak did all his damage without Zach Martin. Unfreakingbelievable

conner01

Reaction score

On one Gallup pulled up
The throw was where he would have been had he not
The other was on Dak
The worst was the over throw that was picked
That’s a easy throw, not down field and right in front of you
So 2 of 3 on Dak

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I'm no fan of Dak....I still think hes a bad and wildly inconsistent QB

I gave him his props for tonight's win though

455 yards 3 tds...

I keep hoping that he'll develop into the Quarterback I thought he would, back in 2016. I'm not going to be critical of him for a win, but tonight win was because of Zeek and Coop.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'm a big Dak "fan".

He is flawed, but he is way better than he should be at this stage. He's a spread QB, with poor coaching, an outdated system, average oline play, and a few weapons. Give him more time and better QB coaching and he can be great.

With that said, he looked awful in the first half or so. Just a yard off and step late.

But he played it out and keep fighting. It was great to see.
YESSIR!
I've "liked" that #4 ever since his very first preseason game début, in fact,,, He is the reason for my being a registered FELLOW FORUM MEMBER hereo_O

* I believe I was freighting " heavy iron" road work equipment up in UTAH,,, &,,, signaled#8 outta' service & logged out, to rent a motel room( +6 pack of weisers) to see just what we'd draftedo_O
:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

Birdgang

Reaction score
:facepalm: on your stupid comment about the long ball not being pretty.

Go re-watch those deep passes. Cooper's ball tracking, being able to adjust his amazing catch radius saved Dak all night. Its not a knock on Dak one bit , but if Coop was not on team , those catches don't happen. Dak was sloppy very sloppy losing the ball 3 x and almost lost that game winning TD but Coop must have some Irish in him. Id be worried about defenses that are not missing 13 defensive players of the original 52 man roster. Division games are always tough but Dak should of been able to ball out like crazy. The defense played great with little concern as the Eagles I think are only missing 4 or 5 guys on offensive side right now .

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
To me, as a 40 year Cowboys fan, this is how I judge him to this point.
After tonights game, I can see some upside potential yet in him. He has not fully excelled yet. Which is good. It means he will and can become better.
He errors were huge tonight. Super bad mistakes, the picks, the horrible throws, the missed wide open receivers, worse than ever.
That said, he made up for much of it. Clutch plays, nice reads, etc.

Dak is still a work in progress, and while I'm not sold on him? I'm not writing him off either.