Did yesterday pierce the dome of arrogance and stubbornness?

Sydla

Reaction score
Over the next few weeks, there will surely be quite a few posts where people argue if Jerry really wants to win. Some will act incredulous and say others are stupid for not thinking Jerry wants to win. It's a silly argument because technically both sides are right.

Jerry wants to win.......... as long as he gets credit for it. That was the root of Jimmy squabble. Jerry loathed the fact that Jimmy was getting the credit. If you go back to the ESPN short documentary on Jerry, at one point he says if he could be anything he'd be a football coach. Jerry craves being known as a football guy. He doesn't want to be known as just an owner. He wants to be known as a GM, a pure football dude. And from there, it's been Jerry's hubris, and arrogance, and stubbornness that has led us on a nearly 3 decade journey where we have found ourselves with the likes of the Lions and Commanders in terms of postseason futility in the NFC (and the Lions have a good chance of getting themselves off that list).

But did yesterday change anything? Did Jerry finally look down, seeing what he thought was his best team in years, get demolished change anything?

Likely not. But what Jerry should do is go hat in hand to Harbaugh. Find out what Harbaugh wants. Find out if Harbaugh thinks he can win with Dak. Find out what kind of control he would want. Swallow your pride and try to get that last SB (or two). Unfortunately, I suspect he won't and what you saw yesterday and last year and the year before that and even the Garrett years will be the best we will get.

Rajveer

Reaction score
This team is not going anywhere with this family of Joneses meddling with football. History can only sustain itself for so long. You can display the trophies and the rings all you want, soon the new generation of fans are only going to remember this team as a team of losers because they have not seen their team even in the NFC championship game ever. The older fans are going to live in the past and fade away (myself included). Dallas is a big market and that is the only reason why this team is still relevant. We should have turned in to the Browns 15 years back. I stopped taking this team seriously a decade back and now the losses don't bother me much as it is almost a certainty. Take your health seriously, find pleasure is something else and stop wasting your time in hoping this team achieves something. I still watch the games for pure entertainment, but that is all it is, expecting them to be a B grade movie in the playoffs. Stay happy my fellow Cowboy Zoners, there is more to life than this.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Doubtful.
The team thinks Quinn is elite when D can’t stop the run.

The team thinks Dak is a true leader when they can’t bust a grape on offense when needed most against decent teams.

This team thinks coach Mac was an upgrade over a Kellen when they got the same results other than they notched a playoff win with Kellen driving the offense.

Their idea of success is what they say they are, and not the results they actually get.

This team is great on everything surrounding football, but fraudulent with on the field results.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
If Jerry was truly invested in winning he would do the one thing necessary to get the ball rolling - fire the sorry arse GM. His refusal to do that tells you what?
It tells me that I want it more than Jerry does.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Over the next few weeks, there will surely be quite a few posts where people argue if Jerry really wants to win. Some will act incredulous and say others are stupid for not thinking Jerry wants to win. It's a silly argument because technically both sides are right.

Jerry wants to win.......... as long as he gets credit for it. That was the root of Jimmy squabble. Jerry loathed the fact that Jimmy was getting the credit. If you go back to the ESPN short documentary on Jerry, at one point he says if he could be anything he'd be a football coach. Jerry craves being known as a football guy. He doesn't want to be known as just an owner. He wants to be known as a GM, a pure football dude. And from there, it's been Jerry's hubris, and arrogance, and stubbornness that has led us on a nearly 3 decade journey where we have found ourselves with the likes of the Lions and Commanders in terms of postseason futility in the NFC (and the Lions have a good chance of getting themselves off that list).

But did yesterday change anything? Did Jerry finally look down, seeing what he thought was his best team in years, get demolished change anything?

Likely not. But what Jerry should do is go hat in hand to Harbaugh. Find out what Harbaugh wants. Find out if Harbaugh thinks he can win with Dak. Find out what kind of control he would want. Swallow your pride and try to get that last SB (or two). Unfortunately, I suspect he won't and what you saw yesterday and last year and the year before that and even the Garrett years will be the best we will get.
No it didn’t. Jerry is an 81 year old billionaire. He ain’t changing unless the ghosts of football past, present and future visit him one night.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Ive been a Cowboy fan since 1965. Experienced all the highs and lows of being a Dallas Cowboy fan over the years. But this truly was an all time low, and there is only one man to blame in my opinion. Jerry Jones's arrogance, ignorance, and ego, has ruined this team for decades now. On sheer stupidity alone, our Owner/GM deserves to go to his grave without another playoff win, let alone a Super Bowl victory. Any GM with a shred of self resect would have resigned, if not been fired, years ago. Unfortunately the loyal Cowboy fan base suffers indefinitely for Jerry's vanity and self aggrandizement!

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I am super hated on this place full of mindless navie zombies
This franchise is ROTTEN to the Core

The Dallas Cowboys need to be again the DALLAS COWBOYS not the Jerry`s Clownboys!
At least the Commanders were able to get rid of Snyder. Honestly, it's a more exciting time to be a Washington fan than it is a Dallas one.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
I think Harbaugh gives a hard pass if offered the Cowboys HC job. Besides I think he ends up coaching the Chargers because he has a good quarterback to work with and will be given the authority to run the team as he sees fit for success. No HC wants to be undermined by a stubborn owner. Then again if the price is right.....

Ussdelavan

Reaction score
Just imagine if JJ had allowed Jimmy to continue coaching and provide the leadership! 28 years later they kiss and makeup and team has not even sniffed a deep run in playoffs. JJ is solely the reason for failure.

kskboys

Reaction score

Wondering that myself.

We will find out when we find out who Jerry hires.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

24 hours ago you said Harbaugh wouldn’t come here?