Did you guys catch the end of the press conference?

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I caught a bit of the end of the press conference and Jerry Jones talked about how his conversation with Jonathan Brooks was one of the best he's had in 30 years, and you could tell MM, Stephen and Will McClay were uncomfortable with how much he was giving away that they liked him. I'm hoping they don't use that 2nd on him. We have so many holes, you can find RBs later. But Jerry would deserve it if someone jumped ahead of us to take him, serves him right for not having any filter. It was awkward and they joked it off but either he's a big poker player or he gave away who they're aiming for with the next pick.

Or I'm looking too much into it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I caught a bit of the end of the press conference and Jerry Jones talked about how his conversation with Jonathan Brooks was one of the best he's had in 30 years, and you could tell MM, Stephen and Will McClay were uncomfortable with how much he was giving away that they liked him. I'm hoping they don't use that 2nd on him. We have so many holes, you can find RBs later. But Jerry would deserve it if someone jumped ahead of us to take him, serves him right for not having any filter. It was awkward and they joked it off but either he's a big poker player or he gave away who they're aiming for with the next pick.

It’s no secret they like him and I would not be shocked one bit if they took him in the second…..

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I hope another team takes the one legged player. Torn ACL coming into the NFL, we’ve been complaining about the FO taking risks on injured players now people are clamoring for him and JPJ, I don’t get it. They’re both huge risks.

2. Christian Haynes
3. Jordan Jefferson
3. Sweat (risky from a character standpoint)

Reid1boys

Reaction score

so let me get this straight. Everyone on this board kows they like the Texas RB. Mike Fisher has been talking about it for weeks on his show, and somehow other teams arent alreay awre of the fact that is hes available in the 2nd, Dallas is likely to take him? Like teams just have no clue that Dallas has a need for RB and they like a particular guy?

Now that Jerry said they like him, all those teams are gonna stand up and say DAMN! I had no clue Dallas was pretty high on this kid?? Is that what you are saying?
That being said, I agree that the other guys were not real pleased Jerry was talking about him.

Chasing6

Reaction score

We can only hope someone picks him before us.

Poker face only gets harder as you age, I am told.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

McClay was quick to move on too.

He said "He's one of many players still available in this draft" to end the conversation.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Where can I find it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
MM finally got to speak.

Only person I wanted to hear speak was McClay. Hahah

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
so let me get this straight. Everyone on this board kows they like the Texas RB. Mike Fisher has been talking about it for weeks on his show, and somehow other teams arent alreay awre of the fact that is hes available in the 2nd, Dallas is likely to take him? Like teams just have no clue that Dallas has a need for RB and they like a particular guy?

Now that Jerry said they like him, all those teams are gonna stand up and say DAMN! I had no clue Dallas was pretty high on this kid?? Is that what you are saying?
That being said, I agree that the other guys were not real pleased Jerry was talking about him.
So all that sass and you still say the same point I made about how it seemed the other three didn't like how obvious Jerry was making it. Ok

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I know it would be the Jerry thing to do ....get a player coming off an injury in the 2nd round. But in this case, i would not be upset at all. I think Brooks will be overcoming his ACL tear and will turn out to be our best RB of the group. Only thing is he may be ready to go until around mid season. Hope i'm wrong...would like him ready game 1. He hasn't been injury prone in college....and ACL injuries are common nowdays. He is a 3 down back for sure. Just my two pesos :thumbup:

Get our C with the high 3rd round pick.