Did you guys catch the end of the press conference?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I caught a bit of the end of the press conference and Jerry Jones talked about how his conversation with Jonathan Brooks was one of the best he's had in 30 years, and you could tell MM, Stephen and Will McClay were uncomfortable with how much he was giving away that they liked him. I'm hoping they don't use that 2nd on him. We have so many holes, you can find RBs later. But Jerry would deserve it if someone jumped ahead of us to take him, serves him right for not having any filter. It was awkward and they joked it off but either he's a big poker player or he gave away who they're aiming for with the next pick.

Or I'm looking too much into it.
Jerry is an amateur GM.
It has hamstrung the team for years

There is a reason this team has been historically bad in the post season for 28 years.

Jerry is the common denominator.

Hope you enjoy regular season wins.
It's all you are gonna get with Jerry large and in charge.

Jarntt

Reaction score
reporter: "Jerry what is your ATM PIN code"
Jerry: "Well, you know those things can be tricky. We think about them and they think about us, maybe they are based on something from our childhood or a car we loved and we do, we do love cars. I had a car once, Stephen, you remember that car. But when you pitch the ball to that car, you need it to be ready. Was that a squirrel? Any way, yes it's Stephen's birthday. Now, I'm not saying it is Stephen's birthday, I'm just giving an example of how we do things. Yes, it's Stephen's birthday..."

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
reporter: "Jerry what is your ATM PIN code"
Jerry: "Well, you know those things can be tricky. We think about them and they think about us, maybe they are based on something from our childhood or a car we loved and we do, we do love cars. I had a car once, Stephen, you remember that car. But when you pitch the ball to that car, you need it to be ready. Was that a squirrel? Any way, yes it's Stephen's birthday. Now, I'm not saying it is Stephen's birthday, I'm just giving an example of how we do things. Yes, it's Stephen's birthday..."
:laugh:

ICP

Reaction score
It’s no secret they like him and I would not be shocked one bit if they took him in the second….

I caught a bit of the end of the press conference and Jerry Jones talked about how his conversation with Jonathan Brooks was one of the best he's had in 30 years, and you could tell MM, Stephen and Will McClay were uncomfortable with how much he was giving away that they liked him. I'm hoping they don't use that 2nd on him. We have so many holes, you can find RBs later. But Jerry would deserve it if someone jumped ahead of us to take him, serves him right for not having any filter. It was awkward and they joked it off but either he's a big poker player or he gave away who they're aiming for with the next pick.

Honestly, if I'm the GM of another team and I hear Jerry saying that, I'd sooner pick a garden gnome than consider Brooks. I mean, have you ever listened to Jerry talk? It's like deciphering hieroglyphics underwater. How atrocious must that conversation have been for him to rank it as his personal pinnacle in the last three decades? It's like finding a diamond in a pile of mud—surprising, but mostly just messy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Honestly, if I'm the GM of another team and I hear Jerry saying that, I'd sooner pick a garden gnome than consider Brooks. I mean, have you ever listened to Jerry talk? It's like deciphering hieroglyphics underwater. How atrocious must that conversation have been for him to rank it as his personal pinnacle in the last three decades? It's like finding a diamond in a pile of mud—surprising, but mostly just messy.
I have to wonder if they are blowing smoke on him…..

Reactions: ICP

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You can put whatever spin on it you want, and you usually do, but Jerry rambling at the end is just stupid. Plain stupid.
there is no spin... anyione saying that Jerry talking about the RB was bad for us because it lets everyone know they are interested is a MORON.

Hey... I think the Packers are gonna win SB 1 and 2. Bank on it! You heard it here first.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Agreed 100% but you could have just written "you're just looking too much into it". :thumbup:
But I had so much more to say.......lol

I even started a thread on Wed bashing the Cowboys 1st rd pick... in advance of the pick. It was very well thought out and written. I was trying to get ahead of the game and it was quickly deleted.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So all that sass and you still say the same point I made about how it seemed the other three didn't like how obvious Jerry was making it. Ok
Because they didnt like it doesnt mean it did anything. You are making it like he was spilling a deep hidden secret recipe for coke. Everyone on the planet that pays attention knows Dallas needs a RB and they like the Texas kid. That wasnt something Jerry revealed last night.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Jerry is an idiot, he made it obvious they want him and let others teams that might be interested in him know that they will need to jump over the Cowboys to get him.

Yes it is obvious they need a RB but there is no reason to tip your hand on which one you are after.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Dude seriously he was brought in here as one of our thirty guys, they have interviewed people, there are no secrets in the NFL... if this guy was healthy he would already been gone, he's the best running back in this draft if he was healthy because of his red flags he slipped,

he has an injury red flag but everybody knows the Cowboys are interested because most teams that need a running back are also interested, there's rumors that Eagles thought about taking him in the first round and then we're also very interested in him... I don't know if you understand this but there are no secrets it's just like the nonsense about Amari Cooper and letting people know that he was going to probably be cut and it lowered his trade value, no that's nonsense hey everybody knows each team situations and how they might handle it... it gets out there is no secrets... Truth be told he might not even be there by the time the Cowboys pick at two and it won't be because the Cowboys are interested it'll be because another team needs a good running back.

But in my opinion and I'm a Longhorn fan, I would rather get this guy in the third round because of his knee injury.. we need a day one impact guy at running back we need a starter this guy could take six months to an entire year to get back to his potential we don't need another one of those in the second round in my opinion... I think we should choose another running back and I'm a Longhorn fan and that hurts to say but I have to say it I don't like another second-round pick with a red flag on an injury that he may not be his full self game one I we need that...​
I ask everyone in here who's equal to or close to brooks who would you take in the second round over brooks or do you just wait till the third round and get a running back and use your second rounder on a center or a linebacker??​

blueblood70

Reaction score
Because they didnt like it doesnt mean it did anything. You are making it like he was spilling a deep hidden secret recipe for coke. Everyone on the planet that pays attention knows Dallas needs a RB and they like the Texas kid. That wasnt something Jerry revealed last night.
TY! :hammer:

EST_1986

Reaction score
I hope another team takes the one legged player. Torn ACL coming into the NFL, we’ve been complaining about the FO taking risks on injured players now people are clamoring for him and JPJ, I don’t get it. They’re both huge risks.

2. Christian Haynes
3. Jordan Jefferson
3. Sweat (risky from a character standpoint)
its no longer the 80's, a torn ACL isn't a career breaker anymore, just an extended injury

gtb1943

Reaction score
its no longer the 80's, a torn ACL isn't a career breaker anymore, just an extended injury
It has broken careers even today; much more rare but it has happened/ Recovery time varies a lot as well. Look at Steele. People recover at different rates so claiming someone can be ready at a certain time is just plain dumb
Brooks frankly is not that great a player

CCBoy

Reaction score

Use a 3rd round for 2025 to trade up for him...

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I hope another team takes the one legged player. Torn ACL coming into the NFL, we’ve been complaining about the FO taking risks on injured players now people are clamoring for him and JPJ, I don’t get it. They’re both huge risks.

2. Christian Haynes
3. Jordan Jefferson
3. Sweat (risky from a character standpoint)
2nd round here we come to once again take a gimpy player...a heart wants what a heart wants. Jerry and Brooks a match right here if ever there was one. Could pan out for us as he is talented with upside.

cristglo

Reaction score
I know it would be the Jerry thing to do ....get a player coming off an injury in the 2nd round. But in this case, i would not be upset at all. I think Brooks will be overcoming his ACL tear and will turn out to be our best RB of the group. Only thing is he may be ready to go until around mid season. Hope i'm wrong...would like him ready game 1. He hasn't been injury prone in college....and ACL injuries are common nowdays. He is a 3 down back for sure. Just my two pesos :thumbup:

Get our C with the high 3rd round pick.
I agree I just hope that we don't trade up to get him let the draft fall