Did you guys catch the end of the press conference?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
so let me get this straight. Everyone on this board kows they like the Texas RB. Mike Fisher has been talking about it for weeks on his show, and somehow other teams arent alreay awre of the fact that is hes available in the 2nd, Dallas is likely to take him? Like teams just have no clue that Dallas has a need for RB and they like a particular guy?

Now that Jerry said they like him, all those teams are gonna stand up and say DAMN! I had no clue Dallas was pretty high on this kid?? Is that what you are saying?
That being said, I agree that the other guys were not real pleased Jerry was talking about him.
Agreed 100% but you could have just written "you're just looking too much into it". :thumbup:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Love Will's comment at the end. "And 1 of several great players still left in this draft."

I am hopeful it was a smoke screen. I do not want a RB tomorrow period.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Love Will's comment at the end. "And 1 of several great players still left in this draft."

I am hopeful it was a smoke screen. I do not want a RB tomorrow period.
Brooks looked like Bijon 2.0 before he tore his knee up.

As a UT alumni, I have seen the kid play and he has elite skills at the RB position.

He can be a bell cow RB at the next level, you just have to treat his rookie year as a redshirt season.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

As a UT alumni, I have seen the kid play and he has elite skills at the RB position.

He can be a bell cow RB at the next level, you just have to treat his rookie year as a redshirt season.
That’s the issue for me though. Taking another injured player in round 2 that likely won’t be able to contribute 100% in year one.

There are some decent RBs to be had in this draft— and we definitely need one— I guess I am ok with Brooks considering how badly JJ wants him — just don’t trade up for him LOL!!

Reactions: CWR

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I caught a bit of the end of the press conference and Jerry Jones talked about how his conversation with Jonathan Brooks was one of the best he's had in 30 years, and you could tell MM, Stephen and Will McClay were uncomfortable with how much he was giving away that they liked him. I'm hoping they don't use that 2nd on him. We have so many holes, you can find RBs later. But Jerry would deserve it if someone jumped ahead of us to take him, serves him right for not having any filter. It was awkward and they joked it off but either he's a big poker player or he gave away who they're aiming for with the next pick.

Or I'm looking too much into it.
I have very little doubt the Cowboys will be drafting Brooks in the 2nd Rnd. He fits the Cowboys mold to a T. Talented player coming off a major injury.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I caught a bit of the end of the press conference and Jerry Jones talked about how his conversation with Jonathan Brooks was one of the best he's had in 30 years, and you could tell MM, Stephen and Will McClay were uncomfortable with how much he was giving away that they liked him. I'm hoping they don't use that 2nd on him. We have so many holes, you can find RBs later. But Jerry would deserve it if someone jumped ahead of us to take him, serves him right for not having any filter. It was awkward and they joked it off but either he's a big poker player or he gave away who they're aiming for with the next pick.

Seems to be a thing, the older you get the less filter you have. My dad has lost any filter he had before.

CWR

Reaction score
This is 2024 so ACL's typically aren't scary any more. He is still the top rated RB in this draft for a reason.

It happens every year. College seniors get hurt and get drafted and play in the pros.
Yeah man, I'd be fine with taking him. Then again, I'm pretty ignorant.

Sydla

Reaction score
so let me get this straight. Everyone on this board kows they like the Texas RB. Mike Fisher has been talking about it for weeks on his show, and somehow other teams arent alreay awre of the fact that is hes available in the 2nd, Dallas is likely to take him? Like teams just have no clue that Dallas has a need for RB and they like a particular guy?

Now that Jerry said they like him, all those teams are gonna stand up and say DAMN! I had no clue Dallas was pretty high on this kid?? Is that what you are saying?
That being said, I agree that the other guys were not real pleased Jerry was talking about him.
You can put whatever spin on it you want, and you usually do, but Jerry rambling at the end is just stupid. Plain stupid.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is 2024 so ACL's typically aren't scary any more. He is still the top rated RB in this draft for a reason.

It happens every year. College seniors get hurt and get drafted and play in the pros.
And yet, more often than not, guys still need 10 months or so to be cleared even when they claim they are ahead of schedule and often take at least a year to get their legs back under them.

We literally just witnessed this with Gallup. So put whatever spin on it you want, Brooks in the 2nd is a large risk given our situation.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score

Listen you are reaching as if we have wasted countless picks on off injured 2nd round picks, calm down

Sydla

Reaction score

Which would be fine if we had done some things at TB in FA but instead we did nothing and need whatever TB we draft in this draft to make an immediate impact.

fivetwos

Reaction score
‘Make no mistake, that second round…candidly… in my mind…is Jerry’s round, and we feel real good about that.’

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cowboys have heaped more praise on Brooks than any R2 guy I've seen in pre-draft hype.
That makes me think this is a smokescreen TBH.

All that said I wouldn't hate the pick, merely dislike it, now that they have two R3s to cover more needs.
Brooks is a plus starter if healthy and Dallas does know as much about his health as anyone. --which would also be reason to fake hype him if they were concerned.
If Jerry gets the Eagles to draft Brooks at 53 knowing he has a bad knee then Jerry will die a happy man.

Sydla

Reaction score
These guys are so stupid it is tough to put it into words

McClay must REALLY like living in the area and must be paid a crap ton because at some point, wouldn't you get tired of this idiocy and want to go somewhere and be able to call your own shots and not be handcuffed to a drooling fool?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Maybe Jerry forcing someone to take him?

Maybe I'm giving Jerry too much credit. :laugh:

visionary

Reaction score
McClay must REALLY like living in the area and must be paid a crap ton because at some point, wouldn't you get tired of this idiocy and want to go somewhere and be able to call your own shots and not be handcuffed to a drooling fool?
McClay has it good
Sit back, make money, get credit for good picks and let the Jones get blame for bad ones

Where do i sign up for that job

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
THIS is what doomed the Cowboys. Jimmy said it was when Jerry told him to ACT LIKE HE WAS CONSULTING WITH HIM TO MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE A GURU.

AND NOW…Jerry is giving away their board because…*drumroll*….he wants to look like he knows football to TOOLS WHO WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS.

*RANT OVER*

Jarntt

Reaction score

In Jerry's mind we've already drafted him. That's how we roll. There are no secrets here and that's why everyone always jumps in front of us to make picks. Diarrhea of the mouth has never been more accurate. At least we haven't shown our draft chart yet...