Did you guys hear this about Jerrah and Parcells?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I had never heard this before.

Yesterday Rex Ryan was discussing why a coach would not work for Jerrah.

He said that is a lie and anybody with a lick of sense would go there and try to make it work.

He related that when Parcells decided he was leaving..

Jerrah gifted him a Papa John's Pizza franchise as a thank you.

Worth $100,000's of $1000s annually.

Are you kidding nobody wants to work for the Cowboys?

Show of hands please?

The rest of you can sit down and go hungry.

I do not want to hear anymore about Jerrah not being in touch.

He knows money.

:clap:

"He knows money."

Certainly what I want as the GM of my NFL team. Football be damned, he knows money! He'll line his pockets with a perennial mediocre ball club.

Just a thought, but coaches may was to go somewhere that the owner isn't constantly undermining them and forcing coaches on them.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

He said that is a lie and anybody with a lick of sense would go there and try to make it work.

Show of hands please?

He knows money.

And just where is Parcell's franchise? If it is in the Metroplex it would have been HUGE news and wouldn't take some interview 13 years later. And as owner of the Cowboys and always in the news if he bought a franchise that he ended up giving away someplace else that would have been huge news too. Lastly we're supposed to believe someone who has never set foot in any Cowboys office let alone know what deals Jerry may or may not have made. Speculation, speculation, speculation and this time extremely doubtful of it.

cern

Reaction score
It would have been considered income and tuna would have to pay the taxes. I've never heard this story.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Gotta love how the dashing gentlemen come rushing to defend the fair maiden in distress.

So how is Jones being financially generous to an outgoing coach he owed billions to for helping him get his stadium built going to matter in any way to the status of this franchise going forward?

Talk about something that has nothing to do with anything.
I suppose no matter what Jerrah does..

he is never going to please us all.

I think it quite revealing and just wanted to share with everybody.

Parcells has repeatedly said working with AND for Jerrah was a great experience.

I am sure Jason is about to say similar things.

Tony Romo also said very good things about Jerrah and the organization.

Obviously if Jerrah believes in you..you stand to benefit.

All of us would welcome that.

Otherwise..what are you going to say?

"Sorry Jerrah, my mother told me not to accept pizza parlors from strangers.."

Right..

:confused:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Show of hands please?

He knows money.

Parcell's talks badly about everyone and everyone except Jerry. Maybe he got that as a gift to keep the Cowboys in disarray hush hush. Parcell's didn't get full control of the team. But he also limited Jerry from messing things up.

I guess it was an unlikely couple that ended up a match made in heaven. I'm being sarcastic of course. But I feel Parcells righted this organization despite all his wart while putting Jerry in check. We need the next coach to be just like that.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I wouldn't say "any coach he wants", but he's certainly not as limited as many think.
I didn't say any coach, I said any available coach. Obviously Sean Payton is not available. If Jerry wants Lincoln Riley he will get Lincoln Riley. As much as everyone loves to hate the Cowboys the team is the pinnacle of pro sports.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
"He knows money."

Certainly what I want as the GM of my NFL team. Football be damned, he knows money! He'll line his pockets with a perennial mediocre ball club.

Just a thought, but coaches may was to go somewhere that the owner isn't constantly undermining them and forcing coaches on them.
Again..

Parcells is a HofF HC.

Jerrah is a HofF owner.

I hear nothing about Jerrah "forcing" anything on his coaches.

Parcells did not want TO and Jerrah did.

Jerrah had last decision

That is as it always is if you are owner and President of any company. You are the tie-braker.

Jerrah is always making decisions to broaden the financial bottom line.

Always.

He wants to sell tickets, get more media coverage and polish his investment.

Parcells is being paid I think $6mil/yr. plus whatever at the time.

Not exactly birdseed.

So I cannot agree with you really..but we can discuss and have fun with it.

Where else can we get this type of entertainment?

Nowhere.

Compare us to the Vikings..

the most exciting thing for them for their fans is whether the heat is on in the malls for Boxing Day.

Whoopee.

:lmao2:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't say any coach, I said any available coach. Obviously Sean Payton is not available. If Jerry wants Lincoln Riley he will get Lincoln Riley. As much as everyone loves to hate the Cowboys the team is the pinnacle of pro sports.
Obviously, I meant any "available" coach. There a surely coaches who wouldn't want to work for Jerry or the Cowboys, just not as many as some people think.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Show of hands please?

He knows money.

What will Garrett get as a parting gift...his own NFL team...the Jags...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Parcell's talks badly about everyone and everyone except Jerry. Maybe he got that as a gift to keep the Cowboys in disarray hush hush. Parcell's didn't get full control of the team. But he also limited Jerry from messing things up.

I guess it was an unlikely couple that ended up a match made in heaven. I'm being sarcastic of course. But I feel Parcells righted this organization despite all his wart while putting Jerry in check. We need the next coach to be just like that.
Great post.

I agree.

Which is why whomever is the next HC..

it would make tons of sense if he has a powerful resume to bring to the meeting.

Urban Meyer fits this MO very well.

He has a history of success that cannot be questioned and can stand firm on a coaching decision as long as it can be proven to Jerrah it financial works and meets football needs.

Jerrah wants whomever is hired to complement both he and Stephen as well as compliment others such as Clay.

Again, Urban Meyer is the one who could do this.

We will see.

:flagwave:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
What will Garrett get as a parting gift...his own NFL team...the Jags...
You are cruel and unusual.

Jason surely will get something.

How about his own embroidered lifevest and own key to the head on Jerrah's yatch?

:laugh:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
So if someone is looking for a career after football or financial security, Jerry's your guy.

If you're looking to coach a team to a Super Bowl, not so much.

It's crazy to me the way Cowboys fans excuse and try to justify Jerry. He's killed this football team.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Obviously, I meant any "available" coach. There a surely coaches who wouldn't want to work for Jerry or the Cowboys, just not as many as some people think.
Who??? Name a few...and think about this as you come up with a list...Even a Ryan worked for the Cowboys.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who??? Name a few...and think about this as you come up with a list...Even a Ryan worked for the Cowboys.
I'm not gonna pretend to know the mind of any particular coach, but the odds are against the concept that every coach wants to come to Dallas.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are cruel and unusual.

Jason surely will get something.

How about his own embroidered lifevest and own key to the head on Jerrah's yatch?

:laugh:

Yacht...Garrett already has unrestricted access...Jerry even lets him drive...

If Jerry let him drive Jerry's favorite toy (The Cowboys) do you think he would keep Garrett away from his less valuable toys...the yacht...the copter...the private jet...how do you think Garrett manages to attend all of those basketball games during the football season...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
"He knows money."

You know..

In the past I would have agreed with you.

Now..knowing more about the man..

seeing him voted into the HofF by his peers..

there are just too much about him that is private and despite his high visibility as owner/GM..

you have to keep an open mind on Jerrah.

Winning or losing is what drives us as fans.

Jerrah has a much bigger plate to address.

Players, staff, his own family, extended business interests we will never know..

and he is what 77?

Oh my..feeling a little small myself.

Pokeness

Reaction score
I’ve heard Parcels credit Jones for financial advice before.