Did you notice this schedule pattern?

rambo2

Reaction score
All I have to do is look at when we play at Buffalo, a road game before the Thanksgiving game and then 3 of the last 4 games on the road to end the season to conclude that the NFL went out of its way to screw the Cowboys on scheduling yet again. It's never going to change as long as there is that lifelong Ratscum season ticket holder acting as commissioner.
The NFL would be pleased if Dallas won.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I have to do is look at when we play at Buffalo, a road game before the Thanksgiving game and then 3 of the last 4 games on the road to end the season to conclude that the NFL went out of its way to screw the Cowboys on scheduling yet again. It's never going to change as long as there is that lifelong Ratscum season ticket holder acting as commissioner.
This year's Cowboys schedule is actually pretty generous. Remember that with 9 road games and 8 home games, it's going to look a little rough regardless.
  • Game 1 on the road. That's good: it's when you're the most rested you'll ever be and the travel has the least effect on you.
  • Game 17 on the road: That's good. It's by far the most likely game to be meaningless, and you don't want to waste a home slot on a meaningless game.
  • The road Eagles game comes after our bye and a home game against the Rams. The home Eagles game comes with 10 days rest and is our third home game in a row. Those are good.
  • The bye comes after playing 4 out of 6 on the road. We play 6 at home and 5 on the road the rest of the way. That's good.
It's not perfect: the bye could be a tad later, and @Bills and @Dolphins is definitely tough coming after the Eagles, it would be nice to have one of those in the middle of that NYG-@CAR-WAS stretch instead. But it's definitely not terrible overall.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
I just realized yesterday that we playing the 3 Cali teams in a row. I found it interesting.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
But did anyone else notice how we still didn't have a 1pm game? I hate waiting all day for the game to.come on lol

erod

Reaction score
then we go two games at North east teams - then we go two games against Mid atlantic teams....then we go two games against green bird teams....then we go wo games against AFC north teams....then we go two games against teams from two crappy cities....

I see the Pattern!
You broke the code!

ESisback

Reaction score
The schedule is made by an algorithm
One year it’s an AI-generated algorithm. The next, it’s a dozen evil, fat, old, rich white guys in a smoke-filled warehouse poker game, plotting the demise of Joe Shmoe…

They alternate!

erod

Reaction score
But did anyone else notice how we still didn't have a 1pm game? I hate waiting all day for the game to.come on lol
East coast games early. West coast and big ratings games later. That's the typical way they schedule.

Tommy

Reaction score
I just noticed we have 8 more games this year against teams that are named after animals.

What the heck is that all about?

erod

Reaction score
I just get anxious waiting lol
I prefer 3 pm.

NFL Red Zone is great for the noon games because there are so many. Then I can watch my team only at 3.

Sunday night is cool, too.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Refs, Scheduling, or Goodell conspiracy theorists are weak sauce at its finest. The team’s DNA is getting beat physically up front on both sides of the ball when things get more competitive, which trickles down from an owner infatuated with creating the Triplets.

That is the issue and all the crying about the various conspiracies is just weak sauce and the fragility of some of the forum fans.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
I prefer 3 pm.

NFL Red Zone is great for the noon games because there are so many. Then I can watch my team only at 3.

Sunday night is cool, too.
Redzone drives me insane with all the flip flopping lol, I just can't do it. I usually just watch the other nfc east games if it's on

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
No, it isn't. who and where you play is determined by algorithm, but when you play them is not. It's the "when" the OP is talking about.
The schedule formula is not made by an algorithm. It’s predetermined by relative placement within divisions. The actual schedule is created by an algorithm that is then pruned by the league so my comment was oversimplified

Creeper

Reaction score
We started off the season by playing both New York teams one after the other. Now we're playing both Los Angeles teams one after the other. Does anyone know if this is done deliberately by the NFL for some reason? Or is it just coincidence?
I noticed it and yes it is odd. More odd is we will play 2 NY teams and 3 NFC West division teams in the first 7 games. I think this is a result of trying to pack the back end of the schedule with divisional games.

Bagman

Reaction score
If you don't believe scheduling helps/hurts a team, look at the difference between our schedule and Detroit's schedule. We play at San Fran, at Buffalo, at Miami, at Philadelphia and at San Diego(LA). The Lions play none of those teams. Yet, someone will say Detroit "earned" their W/L record. I know scheduling rotates and this is a good year for them but for crying out loud, it's completely lopsided.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I noticed it and yes it is odd. More odd is we will play 2 NY teams and 3 NFC West division teams in the first 7 games. I think this is a result of trying to pack the back end of the schedule with divisional games.
Yeah, we haven't even played the E-Goons or the Commanders yet.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
This year's Cowboys schedule is actually pretty generous. Remember that with 9 road games and 8 home games, it's going to look a little rough regardless.
  • Game 1 on the road. That's good: it's when you're the most rested you'll ever be and the travel has the least effect on you.
  • Game 17 on the road: That's good. It's by far the most likely game to be meaningless, and you don't want to waste a home slot on a meaningless game.
  • The road Eagles game comes after our bye and a home game against the Rams. The home Eagles game comes with 10 days rest and is our third home game in a row. Those are good.
  • The bye comes after playing 4 out of 6 on the road. We play 6 at home and 5 on the road the rest of the way. That's good.
It's not perfect: the bye could be a tad later, and @Bills and @Dolphins is definitely tough coming after the Eagles, it would be nice to have one of those in the middle of that NYG-@CAR-WAS stretch instead. But it's definitely not terrible overall.
Didn't we have 9 road games and 8 home games last year? Shouldn't that alternate?