Did you Notice what KaVontae Turpin Did?

T-RO

Reaction score
You've learned Turpin can be a special punt returner, but did you know this? C'mon just admit that you had no idea what this cat is about or what he has achieved! :p

-The dude weighs much less than Deuce and is in the discussion as the NFL lightest active player at 152 pounds

-In his limited role as WR....he had 12 catches...but in 3 of those he scored a TD (25% score rate)

-In just one second quarter reception he accounted for Dallas' only TD and 17% of Dak's passing yards vs 49ers

-As a runner he averaged 10 yards per carry, and not all those carries were jet sweeps! He lined up in the backfield at times.

-In 21 total offensive touches he scored 4 touchdowns and accounted for 9 first downs. 13/21 touches produced a score or a first down.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
There are 3 types of folk I want to hear from in this thread--that is....if you aren't too afraid:
  • Those who say Cowboys never innovate (despite having both the shortest and perhaps lightest player on their roster)
  • Those who hate little guys on a football field
  • Cowboy haters in general--you know who you are.

T-RO

Reaction score
I'm going to bed...Sure hope when I wake up there are at least five opposing posts.

Note my challenge. Make this interesting--if you dare, haters!

exciter

Reaction score
You've learned Turpin can be a special punt returner, but did you know this? C'mon just admit that you had no idea what this cat is about or what he has achieved! :p

-The dude weighs much less than Deuce and is in the discussion as the NFL lightest active player at 152 pounds

-In his limited role as WR....he had 12 catches...but in 3 of those he scored a TD (25% score rate)

-In just one second quarter reception he accounted for Dallas' only TD and 17% of Dak's passing yards vs 49ers

-As a runner he averaged 10 yards per carry, and not all those carries were jet sweeps! He lined up in the backfield at times.

-In 21 total offensive touches he scored 4 touchdowns and accounted for 9 first downs. 13/21 touches produced a score or a first down.
So he met his ceiling as a gadget player! He therefore gets another year in the league!

Jipper

Reaction score
Pound for pound he contributes the highest ratio in the NFL, just gets so much out of so little - hoping he has a big year

CWR

Reaction score
There are 3 types of folk I want to hear from in this thread--that is....if you aren't too afraid:
  • Those who say Cowboys never innovate (despite having both the shortest and perhaps lightest player on their roster)
Never is ALWAYS too strong of a word. We didn't use Duece correctly last season. Let's hope he's put in a position to succeed this year.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I'm going to bed...Sure hope when I wake up there are at least five opposing posts.

Note my challenge. Make this interesting--if you dare, haters!
So all you wanna do is stirr up crap? It's not about a football discussion? Why are people critical of him called haters? Or maybe someone who likes him overall still has some critical points to bring up?

I dont like small people on the football field. Doesn't mean I'm not happy about plays working out nicely. So if they use him right he can be very effective. Nothing innovative about that, that's football.

Use him as WR1 with the focus of the defense on him and he's gone after 3 games. OF COURSE (before the whole hater nonsense goes again) he can catch a pass even with CD on the sidelines. But you need the right play for that. I prefer playmakers, as in no matter the play, they get something done. Like Irvin. And CD to some extend. Really liked Amari in that aspect (when he wanted to play lol).

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Never is ALWAYS too strong of a word. We didn't use Duece correctly last season. Let's hope he's put in a position to succeed this year.
If you are talking about getting him the ball as a receiver, ok. But how could you make room for him on the active roster last year? None of the backs were getting much blocking in front of them so you needed at least regular person size on the field.

CWR

Reaction score
If you are talking about getting him the ball as a receiver, ok. But how could you make room for him on the active roster last year? None of the backs were getting much blocking in front of them so you needed at least regular person size on the field.
I'd like to know the amount of times they ran him straight up the gut last year or put him in during obvious running situations. That's what I'm talking about.

Im also not saying he's the answer. I don't know if he can overcome his limitations.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'd like to know the amount of times they ran him straight up the gut last year or put him in during obvious running situations. That's what I'm talking about.

Im also not saying he's the answer. I don't know if he can overcome his limitations.
no one was doing much running up the gut is my point. there wasn't much push up the middle for most of the year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt he has mad skills
No doubt, he can be a factor.
No doubt if you use him too much, he will be hurt and gone.
Sorry, but that's the way it works.
Collision between 250lb and 150lb player equals dead 150lb player.
Not if the 150 pound player is too quick for the 250 pound player and avoids a big collision. Just a fender bender type hit. :laugh::thumbup: