Did you Notice what KaVontae Turpin Did?

foofighters

Reaction score
Not if the 150 pound player is too quick for the 250 pound player and avoids a big collision. Just a fender bender type hit. :laugh::thumbup:
That'll be up to coaching and play design. Unless he tries to get too cute and cuts back/up and then runs right into either a Dlineman or LB. Then it might just be lights out.

Praxit

Reaction score
..love the guy, but always hoping he's doesn't let the ball go. At 150lb, one good shot and he's going somewhere. ;)..
maxresdefault.jpg

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This reminds me, back in the 1990's the Eagles had a corner named Mark McMillan. He was listed at 148 pounds but was a starter.

Michael Irvin had some days against him, but there have been smaller guys in this league than Turpin.

shabazz

Reaction score
There are 3 types of folk I want to hear from in this thread--that is....if you aren't too afraid:
  • Those who say Cowboys never innovate (despite having both the shortest and perhaps lightest player on their roster)
  • Those who hate little guys on a football field
  • Cowboy haters in general--you know who you are.
I have no issue with him whatsovere......he's got more heart than many of his teammates.

He doesn't have to run between the tackles or see over an offensive line so I'm not sure where his height has been an issue?

shabazz

Reaction score
This reminds me, back in the 1990's the Eagles had a corner named Mark McMillan. He was listed at 148 pounds but was a starter.

Michael Irvin had some days against him, but there have been smaller guys in this league than Turpin.
Marky Mark is only 5'8 but he played WR for the Eagles with no problems at all

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So....you're equating your school days to the pros?
I can't even go there.

Not rooting against the kid, it's just physics.
Yes it is and the laws of physics don't change because the players get paid. My quickness and ability to avoid contact was maybe half as good as Turpin's .. and the players I was up against were maybe half as good as the guys he is playing against. So him being twice as good at it allows him to not get hurt playing against guys twice as good as the guys I played against. To say nothing of the crappy ill fitting pads and helmets we had protecting us back in the day vs what they have now.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I’ve said since he arrived they need to find a way to get him the ball more. He’s a very underutilized weapon.

T-RO

Reaction score
I'm sorry I haven't replied at all after my first blitz in the thread's origin, including to some great counter-point posts. My health is sometimes on, often off. Hope I feel better and can engage more soon.

T-RO

Reaction score
I will add...
Watching mods edit the title of my thread discourages me from participating here. We are free folk, or aren't' we?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Anybody giving Jerry the GM credit for this find or is he only allowed to get blamed for stuff?
You know as well as I that's not how it works here they literally will blame Jerry for anything it doesn't work but say it was will mcclay when it does work you know the scouting department they'll give credit to everyone this same thing when Jimmy was here ever since then Jerry had nothing to do with any of that that was all Jimmy even though who hired Jimmy who was Jimmy's friend that Jimmy probably wouldn't have coached in the NFL and if he did it would not have worked out the exact same way the things that happened between Jerry and Jimmy happened because they happened together and the situation cannot be recreated...

So yes we realize Jerry has his flaws and we realize he talks too much in public he brings too much attention to himself and he says things that don't make sense half the time but ignore those like Prescott I don't care what the guy says he at least has three Lombardi trophies a gold jacket for his ownerships and contributions to the NFL yes he's in the Hall of Fame he's had our team relative to a point where top six and wins yes in the regular season but those count he has a lot of division titles and just recently somehow he hired a coach that has 36 wins two division titles and three straight playoff appearances so matter of fact we went to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years....

But no one gives Jerry's credit for anything because he brings undue attention to himself because he's a mouthpiece here but he does rely on his very large group of management his scouting department and his coaches and I think he has a pretty damn good set of those because we wouldn't be drafting this well and being put in this situation we've been in lately where all these young players are due for giant contracts I mean he has to be at least a good GM to do that not just a good owner I don't think he's been the GM here for at least five years going on 10 this is the will mcclay error but you still have to give Jerry's credit for paying will mcclay and hiring all these people in management and that know how to do the cap the contracts and look down the road and keep this thing going..

There are worse situations in the NFL with regular GM's you can fire all the GM's you want you can change locations move out of state you can change ownership you can do all that cause I've seen that around the NFL and there are a lot of teams that can't do what the Dallas Cowboys have done over the last 10 years we've remained top six and win percentage and we're still on prime time all the time and apparently we're one of the most talked about and most recognizable teams on the planet and yes the team happens to be worth the most as well...

So I would not say that Jerry Jones is great at his job he is not a top executive GM however he is not bad he is not terrible he is not even middle of the road he literally I don't know could be considered maybe the 10th best GM slash owner I know people are not gonna give him credit because they're gonna say he's not going to Super Bowls we haven't been doing NFC championship game in a long time we haven't want anything significant in 28 years but I can tell you there's about I don't know 20 other teams we could probably talk about the same way and they do it the traditional way they have their GM separate from their owners and do things the way this place thinks it should be done and they can't even win divisions on a regular basis they don't have winning percentages that can even match ours they literally are not on prime time all the time so something good is happening here just because he's not a top five guy he's not some genius GM executive that gets creative and assertive aggressive or all in he gets dinged because of his mouth and I get it but he is not as bad as people make him out to be because there are far worse situations in the NFL run by GM's who constantly get fired and they still can't get it done...