Did you see the last episode of M*A*S*H?

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched bits of it. I was in ** Technical school then and my dorm dayrooms' TV had it on (every floor had multiple dayrooms), so if I wanted to watch TV that is the show I had to watch. I was never a big fan of the show so it wasn't a big deal to me.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Yes I did. MASH is my favourite TV show if all time. What a great show…

jwitten82

Reaction score
Yep, always loved hearing that music come on. It was the perfect way to set the tone for the show.  Taxi was the same way, for me.
What was the show about? I never watched it, but that intro music was depressing and I when I heard the lyrics to that song, it was depressing lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What was the show about? I never watched it, but that intro music was depressing and I when I heard the lyrics to that song, it was depressing lol
It was depressing at times, but the humor was fantastic. Quick witted doctors in a MASH unit in the Korean War.
They always had excellent stories, great writing, and amazing chemistry in the cast, including the guest stars.
I highly recommend you watch the first five episodes, and if you're not hooked, there's something wrong with your TV.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was about the pressure and stress of mobile army hospital personnel so close to the action.

It was a mixture of one liners and comebacks, slapstick, pathos, darkness and wonder how they maintained any sanity.

The first two seasons had laugh tracks and viewers didn't know how to take it since it was dark comedy and on the DVD release of the series, the option is there to remove the laugh tracks and the difference is between a sitcom and immersing one into what they were dealing with and how close to the edge they could come.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Loved the show. The last episode I believe was the most watch episode ever for any TV show.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Binge watched the whole series a couple of months ago. Never seen it before (born in 79, therefore missed most of the good stuff)

It's truly one of the best tv series ever made. I was really sad (as in emotionally effected lol) when the last episode was done. All those great characters really grew on you.

Loved every minute of it from start to finish. Henry was my favorite character, his sex education sessions were just hilarious.