Different kind of Dak thread

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Who has attacked Dak on a personal level? The anti-Dak crowd, and I have no problem admitting I am one of them, doesn't like his performance on the field. Period. As far as I have seen, NO ONE attacks him personally, except for his perceived level of greed.
pappydog... I mean its ok to say "There are some but very few who do" again what is wrong with the facts? I still have not seen anyone post "Pay him whatever he wants" but i also have not seen every post ever posted...

Jarntt

Reaction score
But what I have a harder time understanding are the die hard Dak proponents that want Dak re-signed for essentially whatever he wants. There is obviously no merit to a point of view that refuses to acknowledge that at times Dak has played pretty poorly, especially big/important/playoff games. I don’t see how anyone could allege the contrary with a straight face.

They act like the entire Cowboys organization would cease to exist if Dak isn’t signed at whatever cost it takes. How does a person come to such a conclusion? Blind fandom? Fourteen years old with a complete lack of objectivity? A lack of understanding of the salary cap? Inability to reason?

Not a different kind of Dak threat At All

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
So one person makes a post about it and that speaks for all pro Dak guys?
You said people were making up narratives that did not exist ....... not that one person speaks for all of you.

Your were wrong ...... a guy on "your side" started that narrative.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
pappydog... I mean its ok to say "There are some but very few who do" again what is wrong with the facts? I still have not seen anyone post "Pay him whatever he wants" but i also have not seen every post ever posted...
True ...... their are id....... i mean people who take it to far, on both sides.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The biggest concern the Cowboys face with Dak is they have no viable replacement if they move on after the 2024 season. If you look at most teams that have moved on from a solid starting QB, either due to the QB retiring or feeling it was time for a change and they didn’t have a viable replacement it’s led to years of struggling. The teams that remain successful and competitive have a viable replacement. The Packers for example always have a promising QB waiting in the wings to take over.
C'mon, who expects GM Jethro to have a plan?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
i agree and whats wrong with the facts..pro Dak has been a very good QB for most regular season games, con Dak has had very bad failures in the playoffs..neither of those are soley a Dak good or bad as the team has done the same for 28 years. Nothing wrong with the facts people that want to move on i get why, people that say Dak isnt the problem i get that also...people saying the other useless dribble that go against facts are just putting mud in the water.
Well said and we should all be able to mostly agree on that. Nothing wrong with saying Dak is a pretty good QB but it's time for a change. Also nothing wrong with saying Dak hasn't gotten us where we want, but its best to stay the course. At the core I really don't have an issue with either view.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
C'mon, who expects GM Jethro to have a plan?
His plan is Lance but he hasn’t proven to be a viable starting QB. They’re going to have to find a way to get him on the field in a meaningful game. They have to find out if he’s progressing.

ShortRound

Reaction score
The real reason there is such division about Dak has nothing to do with Dak .......

Its that their is a large group of guys on both "sides" that do not like each other and take any chance they get to take shots at each other ......

Now that is the truth.
This, weirdest damn thing too. lol

Creeper

Reaction score
I think everyone has some limit to how much they would pay Dak. If someone is out there thinking pay Dak whatever he wants, raise your hand now so we know there is someone in that camp.

We are fans, but we have to realize the NFL is a business and the CAP makes every team a business entity as far as team building is concerned. The fact is, owners cannot make contract decisions in a vacuum. They have to consider all current and future contracts. Players come and go all the time. Trades, injuries, retirements, are all part of the process so no one should get too attached to any player and that includes the owners or CAP managers.

Dak is a good QB. I think he can win a Super Bowl if he has the right team behind him. 2023 was not that team. They had the worst LB corp and DL I think they have had in years. And their OL wasn't that great either. The 2016 team was much better than the 2023 team but Dak was a rookie and played much better than anyone expected for a 4th round pick. The Cowboys lost because they ran into their nemesis, Aaron Rodgers. They lost a close game or who knows how far they might have gone that year.

I do think the blame gets sometimes is unfair. He is not blameless but at the same time he is not alone in holding back the Cowboys. As I have said, the mistake was ours for ever believing that the 2023 team was good enough to make it deep into the playoffs. They had some serious flaw that we all know hold back teams from winning, especially in the playoffs.

For 2024, we will have an even worse roster, IMO. We should temper our expectations accordingly.

Having said all that, extending Dak is a business decision. It comes down to money. I know Dak has not said publicly he wants $60 million, but he never said publicly he wanted $40 million in 2021. The number was mentioned in the media but I know I never believed it. So now when I hear $60 million come up, I believe that came from somewhere and I believe it might be accurate. To me, my ceiling for Dak's contract is $50 million and preferably he would sign for less than that. If he wants $60 million, I am ready to move on from the Dak era. I think they have to.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
i agree and whats wrong with the facts..pro Dak has been a very good QB for most regular season games, con Dak has had very bad failures in the playoffs..neither of those are soley a Dak good or bad as the team has done the same for 28 years. Nothing wrong with the facts people that want to move on i get why, people that say Dak isnt the problem i get that also...people saying the other useless dribble that go against facts are just putting mud in the water.
I can agree with that.

shabazz

Reaction score
You said people were making up narratives that did not exist ....... not that one person speaks for all of you.

Your were wrong ...... a guy on "your side" started that narrative.
I would add that 23 other forum members liked and cosigned the OPs message in that thread.

So his assertion that Nobody" agrees to that turned into 24 and counting.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Who has attacked Dak on a personal level? The anti-Dak crowd, and I have no problem admitting I am one of them, doesn't like his performance on the field. Period. As far as I have seen, NO ONE attacks him personally, except for his perceived level of greed.
I didn't say anyone has, but I think that has become the perception that many in the anti Dak crowd hates Dak, and no matter how well he plays will find fault in him because they don't like him for whatever deeper reason.

Chasing6

Reaction score
But there is literally a 30+ page thread on the first page of this forum that says it'll probably be 10+ years before the Cowboys break .500 without Dak.

Isn't that the point of the pro Dak crowd is that it's such a high risk in changing QBs that you have to pay Dak to avoid possibly missing the playoffs? If not I'm confused and need to go back to square one on this issue.
Not at all. It is GM Jethro has no plan to replace Dak. It is not necessarily replacing Dak.

GM Jethro and his son little jr. keep saying they plan on extending Dak, they are advertising they have no back up plan, they entire world knows they have no back up plan. Their plan is to resign Dak.

This also means GM Jethro has no cards and he has to throw himself at the mercy of Todd France.

Then our fans that don't comprehend how football works, will blame Dak for his contract being too big, when the very very clear problem is GM Jethro.

But go ahead and keep thinking GM Jethro is holding some cards. That some how he will be traded. That we can bench him the entire year. That Trance overnight somehow reaches his full potential during pres-season games, after sitting for 5 years and only playing 1. Or just maybe we can bunch up our picks and draft a QB, after losing 7 starters and picking up nobody in FA.

No wonder why the rest of the NFL hates Cowboys fans. Wake up already!!!!

Chasing6

Reaction score
His plan is Lance but he hasn’t proven to be a viable starting QB. They’re going to have to find a way to get him on the field in a meaningful game. They have to find out if he’s progressing.
The entire world new this was going to happen 5 seconds after the trade.

Trust me they have learned enough already.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The real reason there is such division about Dak has nothing to do with Dak .......

Its that their is a large group of guys on both "sides" that do not like each other and take any chance they get to take shots at each other ......

Now that is the truth.
100%

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not at all. It is GM Jethro has no plan to replace Dak. It is not necessarily replacing Dak.

GM Jethro and his son little jr. keep saying they plan on extending Dak, they are advertising they have no back up plan, they entire world knows they have no back up plan. Their plan is to resign Dak.

This also means GM Jethro has no cards and he has to throw himself at the mercy of Todd France.

Then our fans that don't comprehend how football works, will blame Dak for his contract being too big, when the very very clear problem is GM Jethro.

But go ahead and keep thinking GM Jethro is holding some cards. That some how he will be traded. That we can bench him the entire year. That Trance overnight somehow reaches his full potential during pres-season games, after sitting for 5 years and only playing 1. Or just maybe we can bunch up our picks and draft a QB, after losing 7 starters and picking up nobody in FA.

No wonder why the rest of the NFL hates Cowboys fans. Wake up already!!!!
How is that any different than what I said? The risk in changing QBs is too high so the Cowboys will be forced to keep Dak. Obviously if the Cowboys had a more proven QB2 or were in position to draft a QB high that risk would level would decrease to some extent.

Maybe I'm just completely missing the point of your post, but it feels like you're trying to argue just to argue.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The entire world new this was going to happen 5 seconds after the trade.

Trust me they have learned enough already.
They won’t know anything concrete until he plays.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Ive said this alot but I'm ok with moving on from Dak, not that i think he is the problem, its time for Jerry's next problem to take the beating for him....again the disease this FO has has not been about the QB..and the cure is no where in sight because the Dr. your asking to cure it is the disease...