Twitter: Diggs and Brown starting CBs

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm disappointed if Chido couldn't take that spot from Brown or a rookie unless he's the nickel or a safety in this defense....maybe its about the position flex he has at playing all in the secondary. Chido can't be any worse than Thompson at free safety.

Gaede

Reaction score
I think defense is going to be a weak spot this year. I'm not in love with that roster, especially with Hill, Aldon Smith, Diggs playing big roles. Those are three huge unknowns

cern

Reaction score
Diggs got the start the smith-barney way. He earned it. Chido has been dinged and will get plenty of playing time. But diggs is just better.

Carson

Reaction score
I think defense is going to be a weak spot this year. I'm not in love with that roster, especially with Hill, Aldon Smith, Diggs playing big roles. Those are three huge unknowns

They positive to this though, is they could surprise and have tons of upside

quickccc

Reaction score
i think Auwzie may be still gimpy and he's missed some time away, Coaches may not think hes' quite at the top of his game right now and would
much rather ease him in more.

Netherless Diggs needs to be in that top 3 CB set we have, no matter what . Would much rather see a healthy Chido at CB than Brown.
But even if he is retained as a 3rd CB/slot, i think Awuzie would excel at that area.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is that in today's NFL, your real package is the nickel. Hell, the Cowboys only list 10 starters on offense.

On defense, I suspect that for most snaps, Smith is going to be out there instead of Crawford. You will have Chido, Diggs and Brown on the field with Leighton and Jaylon.

What is kind of crazy is that it sure looks like on running downs, they will effectively be playing a 5-2.

The defense is going to be completely alien to Cowboy fans.