Twitter: Diggs and Brown starting CBs

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Absolutely. Mike Nolan isn't just disguising on the field, he's disguising on this 'depth chart' as well.
Yep... I wouldn’t put too much stock into this depth chart. I’m sure that after being so cryptic about everything, McCarthy and Nolan aren’t going to put out exactly where he’s going to play all his defenders.

They just had to put out a depth chart so this is what they did. The defense isn’t going to look like this.

Mr_437

Reaction score
That a 3-4 base defense depth chart...cause ain't no way in hell TyCraw is starting at RDE unless it's a 3-4 and he's the 5tech.

The secondary is whatever... Cowboys FO don't care about that. Chido n Jourdan injuries compromised the lineup for Week 1, but they'll be 15 more, maybe.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep... I wouldn’t put too much stock into this depth chart. I’m sure that after being so cryptic about everything, McCarthy and Nolan aren’t going to put out exactly where he’s going to play all his defenders.

They just had to put out a depth chart so this is what they did. The defense isn’t going to look like this.

@Corso summed it up well. This is gamesmanship. Yet more disguising and disinformation wherever they can use it. Now if they can just get the Old Man to shut his cake-hole for five minutes...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like Griffen is going to backup Lawrence at SDE while Crawford starts at DE on the weak side, lol.​

giphy.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
Guys... this is not official. They're not giving things away until they have to.
Relax.

LOL, giving away what? Like what super secret would they be giving up if they put Griffen as the starting RDE?

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL, giving away what? Like what super secret would they be giving up if they put Griffen as the starting RDE?
Griffen is wearing a cape. We surely can't let that tidbit out!

Sydla

Reaction score
Fine. It's official. Whatever.

Official or not, I am not sure I buy the logic that somehow taking a veteran in Griffen and putting him as a backup DE somehow hides something from the Rams.