Twitter: Diggs and Brown starting CBs

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't care how many corners are actually starters. I care what the scope of those rankings are. You didn't say that those rankings are based on starters only.

60 out of 200 is different than 60 out of 96.

And that's not to mention that you ignored other metrics, which place him way higher.
What are those metrics can you link them?
And it matters that there are realistically 96 starting corners in the nfl. Starting corners are top 3 on a team since teams now play mostly nickel. I don't care if 200 ppl got snaps at corner there are 96 starters in the nfl that's what the number should be in relation too.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't care how many corners are actually starters. I care what the scope of those rankings are. You didn't say that those rankings are based on starters only.

60 out of 200 is different than 60 out of 96.

And that's not to mention that you ignored other metrics, which place him way higher.
my bad thought it was on current year. those metrics were from 2018. here is 2019
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/chidobe-awuzie/#!#current-year

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Cool. He also played snaps at OLB. There's still absolutely nothing to suggest he'd be better as a slot corner because he hasn't done it in the NFL. What a guy did in college - 3 seasons ago is pretty meaningless.

Chido is tall and long. He's a prototype boundary corner.
Hes not tall and long though lol. And usually you take what a guy does in college and improve on that. He sucks as an outside CB so if hes not improved in the slot why should I care about him exactly?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Hes not tall and long though lol. And usually you take what a guy does in college and improve on that. He sucks as an outside CB so if hes not improved in the slot why should I care about him exactly?
Um, yes he is and no he doesn't.

What he did in college was play outside corner and safety lol. He played a handful of snaps in the slot, it's not like he was a slot corner.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
my bad thought it was on current year. those metrics were from 2018. here is 2019
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/chidobe-awuzie/#!#current-year
Ok...so these numbers are much better since you don't want to post them. Put him around 35.

But this doesn't answer the question of what the ranking is. There could be guys who played 50 snaps ranked in the top 10.
What are those metrics can you link them?
And it matters that there are realistically 96 starting corners in the nfl. Starting corners are top 3 on a team since teams now play mostly nickel. I don't care if 200 ppl got snaps at corner there are 96 starters in the nfl that's what the number should be in relation too.
Yards/target and comp% allowed are here:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/defense_advanced.htm

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Um, yes he is and no he doesn't.

What he did in college was play outside corner and safety lol. He played a handful of snaps in the slot, it's not like he was a slot corner.

2 out of first 3 plays were in slot. I'm not even watching the rest. Just shut up talking to me man :facepalm:
I dont care where he played most I care where he actually made plays.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Chido arms are less than 31 inches and hes 5'11. This dude is a clown lol. Tall and long.
Chido has the shortest arms out of all the CBS :laugh:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

2 out of first 3 plays were in slot. I'm not even watching the rest. Just shut up talking to me man :facepalm:

Play 1 is a safety rep
Play 2 outside corner
Play 3 outside corner

Even if you want to call play 1 a slot corner rep (it's not) he's playing off zone coverage. That's not the skillset that matters for NFL slot corners.

You can put me on ignore if you want. It's not my fault you don't know what you're talking about.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Play 1 is a safety rep
Play 2 outside corner
Play 3 outside corner

Even if you want to call play 1 a slot corner rep (it's not) he's playing off zone coverage. That's not the skillset that matters for NFL slot corners.

You can put me on ignore if you want. It's not my fault you don't know what you're talking about.
A below 6 foot cb with 30 inch arms is the prototype. Goofy

3rd play Witherspoon is playing boundary. You're either blind or dumb. Actually 4th play. Another slot rep lol

reddyuta

Reaction score
I honestly dont think Diggs will start over Chido,i would shocked if he does start.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Yikes. First game may be ugly folks. No Lewis or Chido. Crawford starting a DE you can expect zero pass rush from that side. I smell a lot of zone or man defense. I hope our offense start early and can score at least 30 points.
If Crawford starts at RE it in no way whatsoever means he will play the majority of the snaps there. As far as DEs go he is actually pretty good against the run so playing him there on early downs is a good thing for our rotation with hte other guys coming in on passing downs. If he is playing in the nickel it likely will be as a DT. This team didn't bring in Smith and Griffen to watch Crawford rush the passer as a DE.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
A below 6 foot cb with 30 inch arms is the prototype. Goofy

3rd play Witherspoon is playing boundary. You're either blind or dumb. Actually 4th play. Another slot rep lol
He is 6 feet and 200 lbs, that's a big corner. His arms aren't particularly long, but he's taller than, say, Tre White.

Replay threw me off. Third play (the INT) is still a safety rep. If you want to call it a corner rep, fine. But he's playing boundary corner off-man coverage. It's not a slot coverage.

NFL slots play press man. He's not doing that. Just because he isn't on the boundary doesn't mean he's a slot corner. This is like saying Trysten Hill plays inside the tackle, so he can be a nose guard.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He is 6 feet and 200 lbs, that's a big corner. His arms aren't particularly long, but he's taller than, say, Tre White.

Replay threw me off. Third play (the INT) is still a safety rep. If you want to call it a corner rep, fine. But he's playing boundary corner off-man coverage. It's not a slot coverage.

NFL slots play press man. He's not doing that. Just because he isn't on the boundary doesn't mean he's a slot corner. This is like saying Trysten Hill plays inside the tackle, so he can be a nose guard.
From prototype to big. Keep backpedaling. What does White have to do with you talking out of your ***?

Lmao at safety reps :laugh: as the video keeps going I see more (safety reps)
Nah u not going on ignore. You're too funny.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
From prototype to big. Keep backpedaling. What does White have to do with you talking out of your ***?

Lmao at safety reps :laugh: as the video keeps going I see more (safety reps)
Nah u not going on ignore. You're too funny.
Big corners are the prototype for outside corners. You want to be literal, fine. His size makes him a better fit outside than in the slot.

Yes, they are safety reps, some are probably OLB. Show me the ones where he's playing press man in the slot, and then show me the ones where he's doing it against NFL-calibre quickness WRs to say that he can do it in the NFL. I'll wait.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Lol ppl that watched his college tape knew he was best suited at slot or safety. Cowboys being stupid again in the secondary

Beaker42

Reaction score
Who plays the slot if Chido is not playing?I would imagine they will put Brown in the slot.
Lewis in the slot - Brown at outside. This secondary is going to either be really good or really bad.

kskboys

Reaction score
Cool. He also played snaps at OLB. There's still absolutely nothing to suggest he'd be better as a slot corner because he hasn't done it in the NFL. What a guy did in college - 3 seasons ago is pretty meaningless.

Chido is tall and long. He's a prototype boundary corner.
Yes he has. He's played some slot for the Cowboys from the beginning.

I guess since you were wrong about that, you're just wrong in general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!