Twitter: Diggs and Brown starting CBs

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yep... I wouldn’t put too much stock into this depth chart. I’m sure that after being so cryptic about everything, McCarthy and Nolan aren’t going to put out exactly where he’s going to play all his defenders.

They just had to put out a depth chart so this is what they did. The defense isn’t going to look like this.
Big Mike is on a Bill Bellicheck level. Wait till he starts manipulating the injury report.

Ken

Reaction score
Our return game is once again horrific.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

If we have Tyrone Crawford out there starting at right end, I think I'll puke.

If he is, I guess it indicates we're essentially running a 3-4 (5-2) base since we have Aldon Smith listed as SLB, which is a DPR in this scheme. I just think any alignment that keeps Griffen off the field is wrong.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Yikes. First game may be ugly folks. No Lewis or Chido. Crawford starting a DE you can expect zero pass rush from that side. I smell a lot of zone or man defense. I hope our offense start early and can score at least 30 points.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Our return game is once again horrific.

Its almost like we don't care about special teams. They need to look at the stats. I still can't believe we kept chris jones as the punter. We should of at-least had another qualified punter in there and have the best man win.

Wood

Reaction score
all i read about him is that he got beaten up by rookie Anae,our Tackle situation threatens to bring the whole offense down.

Where ever Steele goes a TE (probably Bell) will be right next to him.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Chido was always slated to play a hybrid S/nickel corner role. We’ve known this for months

BigD_95

Reaction score
Brown was always gonna start, either outside or in the slot. Obviously the Cowboys didn't give him a multi-year deal to be the 5th corner.

not sure I agree. I thought Diggs & Awuzie would be your starters and Lewis would be the slot guy. Thought Robinson might be able to beat Brown out. Its not like in last couple years Brown hasnt been benched and replaced several times.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Your base defense will have, most likely, Brown in the slot, Diggs and Chido on the outside so yes, Chido is starting.

Chido has also been hurt and done little work in the last couple of weeks.