Twitter: Diggs and Brown starting CBs

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
How is he overrated when everyone says he sucks lol? Especially last season?
He was excellent last season.

Opinions on Chido are another great example of how this board doesn't pay attention to anything else around the league. If you think Chido sucks, then there's only like a dozen cornerbacks who qualify as good.

cern

Reaction score
chido and brown are both pretty good players who have been saddled by poor coaching and poor schemes. diggs is set to be better than either of the aforementioned. nose for the ball.

cern

Reaction score

Opinions on Chido are another great example of how this board doesn't pay attention to anything else around the league. If you think Chido sucks, then there's only like a dozen cornerbacks who qualify as good.
he got beat on a few plays where the throw was just perfect or an incredible catch was made. it happens. but mostly, he covered his wr's very well.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Chido wasn't good last year. There are plenty corners who are "good" chido jus aint one of em.

Coverage Rating
+2.0

Burn Rate
1.9%

Passer Rating Allowed

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Oh I agree 100%....I've always said man cornerback and quarterback are the two positions this site just has no idea how to gauge because they don't look at the rest of the league. I've even had people straight up and ADMIT that to me. "I don't care what other teams players do". So how do you even gauge talent?

Sydla

Reaction score
Chido wasn't good last year. There are plenty corners who are "good" chido jus aint one of em.

Coverage Rating
+2.0

Burn Rate
1.9%

Passer Rating Allowed

Curious, where do these stats come from?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Coverage Rating
+2.0

Burn Rate
1.9%

Passer Rating Allowed
There's, what, 150 corners in the league? These numbers all put him in the top half. Add in the fact that one play - the Jets game in particular - skews all these numbers, and he was a good player.

You're also not including the players he was better than, or those metrics. His yards/target was better than Kyle & Kyle fuller, Xavien Howard, Minkah Fitzpatrick, AJ Buoye and Chris Harris. His Completion % allowed was better than Tyrann Mathieu, Jimmy Smith, Darius Slay, Marcus Peters, and Joe Haden.

Are any of those guys good corners?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Looking at this again. I think what it is showing on the defensive line is our Big 3-4 look. So essentially the line is Crawford, Poe and Hill and the outside linebackers are Aldon Smith and DeMarcus Lawrence. That makes some sense from the little we've seen in camp where Nolan had both Smith and Lawrence standing at times.

I can see this being used some, but I'm not highly in favor of any alignment that doesn't have Griffen out there as well. My preference would be to primarily have Griffen and Lawrence at the ends, Aldon Smith at SLB/DPR and a rotation on the inside of Poe, Crawford, Woods and Hill. In nickel, it would be Griffen, Crawford, Smith and Lawrence at the four spots.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
There's, what, 150 corners in the league? These numbers all put him in the top half. Add in the fact that one play - the Jets game in particular - skews all these numbers, and he was a good player.

You're also not including the players he was better than, or those metrics. His yards/target was better than Kyle & Kyle fuller, Xavien Howard, Minkah Fitzpatrick, AJ Buoye and Chris Harris. His Completion % allowed was better than Tyrann Mathieu, Jimmy Smith, Darius Slay, Marcus Peters, and Joe Haden.

Are any of those guys good corners?
There are 64 starting outside corners in the league. 96 if you throw in nickel corners. So still bottom half

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
10 guys starting on the offensive depth chart... what kind of trickery is that?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
In college he did and did it well. So yeah I'll keep saying it
Cool. He also played snaps at OLB. There's still absolutely nothing to suggest he'd be better as a slot corner because he hasn't done it in the NFL. What a guy did in college - 3 seasons ago is pretty meaningless.

Chido is tall and long. He's a prototype boundary corner.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I didn't say total corners but how many are actually starters is the question. Math is hard I guess

Without digging deeper into the stats we don't really know which corners were starters or not. There could be a lot of depth corners in that top 60 with low snap counts. You can't just take the top 96 rates corners and say they were the starters.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I didn't say total corners but how many are actually starters is the question. Math is hard I guess
I don't care how many corners are actually starters. I care what the scope of those rankings are. You didn't say that those rankings are based on starters only.

60 out of 200 is different than 60 out of 96.

And that's not to mention that you ignored other metrics, which place him way higher.