Diggs has to step up his game

RonWashington

Reaction score
To me Diggs is a cornerstone with 11 and Bland possibly Sam Williams and Armstrong , younger players you build with . Man picked off 11 passes in a season that’s nothing to blow off .

But this second half 2022 man is possibly protecting an injury that’s not been revealed because while DaRon Bland is getting physical with receivers making it known he’s in the neighborhood Diggs has a vacancy sign on his lawn when it comes to contact . And that interception that clanged off his chest deep in Dallas territory Sunday is not to be believed .

In exit interviews as players leave town I hope Al Harris a physical DB in his own right has a straight talk with Diggs and his play is under scrutiny.

The Natural

Reaction score
Too frail too soft. They need to get this man a nutritionist and a workout plan, the NFL offseason is long there’s no way this fool cant put on 10-12 lbs.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Well Diggs is a free agent after this upcoming season so we will see what he means to Dallas.

infamousstyles

Reaction score
I really had high hopes for Diggs but my confidence has subsided with the lack of tackling. If your not going to tackle then you've gotta be more of a traditional cover corner. We definitely need a more physical corner opposite of Diggs.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Corners are paid to cover, if they can tackle huge plus.

When Kittie is doing a juggling act on a key drive Diggs should have taken a shot and not played matador the ball would have been incomplete , in 90 percent of defenses in the NFL going downfield juggling a pass gets you into a collision with someone other then the wife smiling as you catch the pass .

quickccc

Reaction score
Diggs seems to have improved his shut down cover skills, he doesn't give up those 100 yards games as frequently as his first two years,
This includes his work on Justin Jefferson this year- which led to Justin being a non-factor.

He'll occasionally be caught out of position peeking into the backfield at the QB, and then the double moves will get.
But that seems to come once in a long stretch of games.

The point that he has become more effective in shut down type game and his deadly rep for being an INT machine
I don't see teams purposely coming at him as they did a year ago.

Usually the speed burners used to get on top of him, but i didn't see that near as frequently this year.

RonWashington

Reaction score
To open the thread I mentioned young cornerstones I neglected to put OSA at DT in that list my mistake .

I’m not giving up on 7 but the Cowboys need an off-season weight training regimen for Diggs . This is not the Southeast Conf or college football where your talents can get you skating through games against Kentucky and Miss State .

RonWashington

Reaction score
By the way the “ personal foul “ penalty where Bland got PHYSICAL and disposed of the 49 WR on the sideline was what makes the NFL maddening to watch . The receiver was fighting for yards until Bland put a stop to it . End of play folks . Move on .

visionary

Reaction score
LOL, you guys just kill me with this idiocy
Have none of you played a really physical sport? You can teach tackling but you cannot teach physicality
If Diggs is making business decisions in the biggest game of his career under bright lights he’s always going to do this
We need a physical defense because we will have to beat niners and Philly if we ever want to get to a SB and we will never have a physical defense with soft players like Diggs . Players like him are all about the money and he will also hold out for top dollar around 20 million/y. Once he is signed he will be untradeable because of his cap hit
If he is your cornerstone player you are done as a defense
I would trade him for a rd 1 pick this off season and pick a CB with that pick in this draft which is deep at CB

Jerry will never do this but that is what I would do. You need dogs on this defense not tissue paper

RonWashington

Reaction score
It’s “ idiocy “ to think NFL teams will hand over a number one draft choice for a player who will always be “ soft “ according to you the expert plus he’s a FA in 24. Basically your asking a team to burn a number one a one yr rental . Not happening in the real world . But Cowboy fans are notorious for OVER INFLATING the value of Cowboys in trades .

visionary

Reaction score
It’s “ idiocy “ to think NFL teams will hand over a number one draft choice for a player who will always be “ soft “ according to you the expert plus he’s a FA in 24. Basically your asking a team to burn a number one a one yr rental . Not happening in the real world . But Cowboy fans are notorious for OVER INFLATING the value of Cowboys in trades .
Teams fall in love with cover skills and speed and Int all the time (just like people here are)
Someone will give you a rd 1 pick for him and pay him top dollar
I wouldn’t because of what I wrote above
Remember this when you come crying next year and the year after that about his business decisions and poor physicality