Diggs is a shutdown corner

Aulac

Reaction score
Diggs gets an interception after giving up 85 yards on average. Ramsey gets an interception after giving up 127 yards on average. Which one would you choose?

Diggs electrifies his teammates and they start playing better because they don't want him to be the only guy out there making plays. Diggs is better for over all team success than Ramsey ever could be.

Oh boy!

Ken

Reaction score
Before last night, he had given up 899 yards in receptions, the worst of the starting CB's in the league. Byron Jones was more of a shut down.

He is a very talented CB with exceptional call skills. It is those ball skills that got him into the PB.
Byron Jones was and still is VASTLY overated. He was such a good cover corner that he always lined up on the TE. :facepalm:

He has 0 instincts and was a big reason our defenses never had turnovers.

Ken

Reaction score
There are so many trash cb's in this league and somehow...the guy with the most picks and pd's has given up more than all of them?

Ya...no

BS stat.

Beaker42

Reaction score
There are so many trash cb's in this league and somehow...the guy with the most picks and pd's has given up more than all of them?

Ya...no

BS stat.
Stats don’t lie.
Am I glad we have him? Yes.
Does he give up a lot of yards / big plays? Yes.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Diggs is our best cb and I like him much better than Byron Jones and I need to keep in perspective it’s his second year and he’s going to get better

I don’t know that hes a shutdown corner just yet he gives up plays but I’ll take him. Hes the best we’ve had in sometime
KJ might be better.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
What he did to

scary terry(twice)
Mike Evans
Jefferson

Is stellar

I honestly don’t even understand the Mathematics behind PFF rankings

the eye test is clear: Diggs is the man
I got dion on the other line
He wants to speak to you.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you give up the most yards you are not a shutdown CB. But getting 11 interceptions makes you dangerous to throw at.

Ken

Reaction score
Newsflash: There are no "Shutdown Corners" in the NFL anymore. The rules prohibit that.

However, saying that someone is not good because people catch passes on them, yet they are about to set a Cowboys record for Ints in a season and lead the league in ints and passes defenced- may make you fall into the category of "shutdown brains".

Just sayin'.

willia451

Reaction score
This is an ignorant topic. If you get TOs that's what matters.

How can anyone not agree with that? Unless you are just stupid?

JBS

Reaction score
This is an ignorant topic. If you get TOs that's what matters.

How can anyone not agree with that? Unless you are just stupid?

It’s not an ignorant topic at all. The problem is people don’t under how to evaluate Diggs play correctly. They either don’t watch or don’t know what they’re watching.

willia451

Reaction score
It’s not an ignorant topic at all. The problem is people don’t under how to evaluate Diggs play correctly. They either don’t watch or don’t know what they’re watching.

Stupid. TOs change the outcome of games. It's what everyone measures a defense by. The ability to get TOs and hand the ball back to the offense. Do u disagree with that?

If you do. Then you are just as stupid as all the rest.

JBS

Reaction score
Stupid. TOs change the outcome of games. It's what everyone measures a defense by. The ability to get TOs and hand the ball back to the offense. Do u disagree with that?

If you do. Then you are just as stupid as all the rest.

you are stupid bc you don’t understand the topic

dsouth234

Reaction score
The purpose of the e defense is to prevent the other team from scoring and give the ball back to the offense. Trevon has done that 11x already this year…and he’s scored 2TDs. What else would you like him to do?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
He wasn’t on him the entire time. That is true. But that is my point. If he’s so good, why not? Minnesota literally has nobody else that needs any attention.

especially with Adam T. out, he is there only WR. Prime would have followed him to the bathroom if he had too.

Reactions: JBS

quickccc

Reaction score
I’m not here to hate on diggs but the info from the OP is wrong.

1) you hardly see CBS shadow receivers anymore.
2) they threw at diggs yesterday and he gave up a long pass w safety help
3) his off grade is from being bad in the run game.

love diggs, he’s a CB1 in the nfl. He’s still prone to giving up big plays but I’ll take it given the upside he had. Is he shutdown? No

how many teams even have that kind of " shut down " CBs to even try to do that ?
and that one long pass you're pertaining seems more like Kazee's failure to make the inside play while Diggs' task to handle the over the top task.

i wanna see stats that indicate Diggs has improve and given up LESS big plays and yellow penalty flags in the 2nd half - because it sure feels like

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What he did to

scary terry(twice)
Mike Evans
Jefferson

Is stellar

I honestly don’t even understand the Mathematics behind PFF rankings

the eye test is clear: Diggs is the man

Diggs has allowed the most yards of any CB in the NFL (nothing to do with PFF rankings), so someone has beaten him.

Hard to call him a shutdown corner (yet) with those numbers but he's definitely a playmaker.