Diggs might be the reason we can't stop the run

MyFairLady

Reaction score
In the spirit of assigning blame where it actually belongs I believe we should discuss Diggs as it relates to the run game. The Saints had an absolute field day running at this guy and he wanted none of it. He is another one of our 20 million per year players and he is showing the rest of the team what is acceptable. Princess refuses to stick his nose in there but he still wants to take home all the money. I guarantee you this stuff does not play well in the locker room.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In the spirit of assigning blame where it actually belongs I believe we should discuss Diggs as it relates to the run game. The Saints had an absolute field day running at this guy and he wanted none of it. He is another one of our 20 million per year players and he is showing the rest of the team what is acceptable. Princess refuses to stick his nose in there but he still wants to take home all the money. I guarantee you this stuff does not play well in the locker room.
If "Princess" sticks his nose in there repeatedly against Kamara we will be down our 2 starting CB's. Also, our DL, LB's and safeties were the problem. Not the CB.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I’m mean, he’s certainly part of the issues, as is everyone else.

I’ve never seen a player actively avoid contact like him and when does make a tackle it seems he just pulls the guy forward for an extra 2 or 3 yards.
he's more show than go, i'd agree. but it's strange what any given skillset goes for in the NFL anymore. i'd also agree he's soft against the run.

but by the time they get to the CB, they've past a lot of other D.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m mean, he’s certainly part of the issues, as is everyone else.

I’ve never seen a player actively avoid contact like him and when does make a tackle it seems he just pulls the guy forward for an extra 2 or 3 yards.
Diggs ain't gonna knock many RB's backwards even if he gives them everything he has. That said, he isn't going to make many highlight reels for tackles regardless.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Diggs ain't gonna knock many RB's backwards even if he gives them everything he has. That said, he isn't going to make many highlight reels for tackles regardless.
as long as he doesn't get flung back like some Commander player many many years ago that tried to dogpile one of our players.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Blaming a corner for not being able to stop the run? Lol Diggs was gone after week two last season and in week 3 we got road graded for over 200 yards against AZ. The Cowboys have been struggling to stop the run long before he arrived. Get real!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Some fans kept talking about how great our defense played in that game when it was only respectable. That play helped break our back. Another play where we couldn’t make a critical stop. In big moments they have players that step up. You never see our players make a play like that in a huge game at a critical moment against a contending team.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
maybe its me, but if you need your CB to stop the run, you got some serious issues.
That is true.
I will say though the OP is partially correct.
There were a few plays where Diggs sat back and did not engage the runner. The saints were running around the sides instead of mostly up the middle.

But he is only one player.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If you expect your corner to be the leading tackler against the run, you already lost. He is the last line of defense off the edge.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Oh hes definitely not the reason we suck vs the run, but his play is just a microcosm of this team's soft spirit.

Does Diggs in his entire career even attempt to make this play?