Diggs might be the reason we can't stop the run

LysleE

Reaction score
Diggs is a playmaker at CB and Jerry paid him like one; I’m sure Coach Jones shudders at the thought of Diggs coming up in run support.
Moreover, I can think we can all see on tape that Diggs has always avoided contact wherever possible.

shabazz

Reaction score
I’m mean, he’s certainly part of the issues, as is everyone else.

I’ve never seen a player actively avoid contact like him and when does make a tackle it seems he just pulls the guy forward for an extra 2 or 3 yards.
......I recall way back when our #21 would avoid tackling like the plague, lol

Prime.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Part of NO's success was because of Micah Parsons

maybe it's just me but it looked like the Saints deliberately tried to avoid Micah Parsons, so they ran where he wasn't.

If so, it's a not subtle acknowledgement of what Micah can do... sort of how teams avoided running up the gut vs Aaron Donald.

Saw a lot of plays where Micah was just out of the play almost at the snap because of the direction of the play. It's smart, can't blame NO

I just wish Zimmer had been able to make adjustments

Homer

Reaction score
Nope, the cowboys would just be jogging from one side to another with the exception of Lawrence and Parsons
Oh hes definitely not the reason we suck vs the run, but his play is just a microcosm of this team's soft spirit.

Does Diggs in his entire career even attempt to make this play?

kskboys

Reaction score
In the spirit of assigning blame where it actually belongs I believe we should discuss Diggs as it relates to the run game. The Saints had an absolute field day running at this guy and he wanted none of it. He is another one of our 20 million per year players and he is showing the rest of the team what is acceptable. Princess refuses to stick his nose in there but he still wants to take home all the money. I guarantee you this stuff does not play well in the locker room.
If your CB is the culprit of not being able to stop the run, then the rest of the team sucks at stopping the run.

kskboys

Reaction score
Blaming a corner for not being able to stop the run? Lol Diggs was gone after week two last season and in week 3 we got road graded for over 200 yards against AZ. The Cowboys have been struggling to stop the run long before he arrived. Get real!
Hey, I have an idea, let's draft us some TE's, that'll solve the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
In the spirit of assigning blame where it actually belongs I believe we should discuss Diggs as it relates to the run game. The Saints had an absolute field day running at this guy and he wanted none of it. He is another one of our 20 million per year players and he is showing the rest of the team what is acceptable. Princess refuses to stick his nose in there but he still wants to take home all the money. I guarantee you this stuff does not play well in the locker room.
I was one of the few who was against paying him..and i still feel that way. Anyone who will pick and choose when to do something like tackle, i want no part of....regardless of the amount of int's.

Blackrain

Reaction score
He's a no tackling kitty cat that likes to make business decisions.

Saw what he was about in the playoffs against San Francisco.

He would have been traded

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Our boy was laughable today. Then gives up a throw with the game on the line. Loves him some cushion and hates him some tackling. He really is like watching a clown out there.