Video: Diggs refused to place the blame on Kazee on the TD

foofighters

Reaction score
He took the good teammate route and that's awesome.

However, during the game he was PO'd at him it appeared. :D:D

Dude literally turned around while chasing the WR into the endzone. Haha
In order for Diggs to continue to get INTs, he has to take risks. He can only do that knowing he's got help behind him.

Reactions: BAT

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I think they’re both a little at fault on that play. If that was cover 3. Diggs has to get a little deeper there…. If that’s cover 2 it’s not really on diggs.

Still regardless tough play for the safety. Not a big deal it happens.

Agreed. This is where Diggs wasn't playing 100% what he should but thought they were in sync and they weren't. Not a selfish or lazy move, Diggs was probably playing at a higher level and hoping his teammates were too. Diggs knew he was getting a little reckless and was going for the INT just like he normally does which is great. But you could tell he also felt the safety had his back, which I don't know what Kazee was doing. So technically both at fault, but it's one of those plays I hope as time goes on they are both sympatico and we nail it. Glad to see there is no finger pointing. Learn from it, be a team, move on. We'll get there. Our defense isn't close to what it will be come Playoff time. (barring injuries, knock on wood)

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Kazee was 100% to blame. The play was in front of him the entire time. A good FS makes an easy pick. A decent free safety breaks it up. A bad free safety allows the catch the tackles the WR. A horrible FS is what you saw play out.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We lose this game if Kazee makes the tackle there. The best thing to happen once the opponent made the catch was to let him score and give our offense the ball back. And yes stopping him from making the catch would have been optimal but we clearly needed all the time left to be able to pull out the win.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It was the safety responsibility but he knows that is a bait and glad he didn't take it and man up and took the blame
after watchig it like 5 times,
i see Diggs bit little but hung in positions and when he realized he wasn't going to get a hand on it, he saw Kazee bearing down hard i mean about to light this kid up and he naturally just stopped and basically said Kazees got it..

my opinion is Kazee tried not to hit him hard and took a bad angle..why you ask well hes still got that memory of the Carolina game where he flat lit up a receiver in the same situation and got flag, flag was bogus but he nearly let the panthers back in..

sometimes player remembers that and well tried to get to precise in as he lined up to make the tackle and had bad angle...this is why that penatly still irritates me it changes players style of play and he remembered..

it was 50/ 50 responsibility. learn from it do better next time

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
We lose this game if Kazee makes the tackle there. The best thing to happen once the opponent made the catch was to let him score and give our offense the ball back. And yes stopping him from making the catch would have been optimal but we clearly needed all the time left to be able to pull out the win.

Agree with that too. Everyone gives Mac Jones kudos for sucking it up and going right back at Diggs, but I'm happy they made the quick score. For once, someone gave US too much time to finish the game. LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
that is an alternate view and makes sense we talked about this at the game watching party i was at..makes sense in some ways the luck weve had this year has gone in our favor even in that situation where it felt like bad play.

bigE79

Reaction score
It was Diggs' man he he was beaten badly. That said, the position of safety is supposed to keep that from becoming a TD.
He guessed wrong, jumped the route,this time he got burned,on the previous play,he guessed right and scored...live by the sword die by the sword.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo seemed to think Diggs got beat bc it was a double move. But the more I watch the play, it seems that though Diggs did bite on the first move, he recovered and released the wr to the safety he assumed was backing him up. But whatever...... it was a great throw by the rookie.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He took the good teammate route and that's awesome.

However, during the game he was PO'd at him it appeared. :D:D

Dude literally turned around while chasing the WR into the endzone. Haha

diggs got beat and if he relied on the safety to cover his azz then he made screws up twice.

his answer was correct.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Romo seemed to think Diggs got beat bc it was a double move. But the more I watch the play, it seems that though Diggs did bite on the first move, he recovered and released the wr to the safety he assumed was backing him up. But whatever...... it was a great throw by the rookie.
Lol...........released the wr to the safety..........love that one.

Gorgon

Reaction score
Well, he can be a great teammate and take the blame on himself, but even Stevie Wonder could see the safety took a bad angle and did not make the tackle.
This guy reminds me so much of Deion Sanders. Lean, terrible tackler on runs, ok on the short screens, fantastic in coverage and the best ball-hawk we've had here since Everson Walls. If Anthony Brown can step up just a little more, virtually all teams will have to beat us with the TEs/RBs/slots.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
dumb play by both of them - when you take the lead and only two minutes left you don’t let the guy get past you. Just play solid d.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
diggs got beat and if he relied on the safety to cover his azz then he made screws up twice.

his answer was correct.
He literally points at him while cutting underneath - watch the replay. He has him underneath, appears to be making a play on the ball - S if breaking towards WR as well - if he goes for the ball, they both end up hitting each other. Diggs lets up, S lets up for some reason. Both had fault in it - but to say Diggs got beat is not the answer.

He actually plays the ball (I know that's hard to comprehend given our past CBs - haha) and appears at times to bait the QB into throws just like that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He literally points at him while cutting underneath - watch the replay. He has him underneath, appears to be making a play on the ball - S if breaking towards WR as well - if he goes for the ball, they both end up hitting each other. Diggs lets up, S lets up for some reason. Both had fault in it - but to say Diggs got beat is not the answer.

He actually plays the ball (I know that's hard to comprehend given our past CBs - haha) and appears at times to bait the QB into throws just like that.
Your are entitled to your opinion.