Video: Diggs refused to place the blame on Kazee on the TD

conner01

Reaction score
It was Diggs' man he he was beaten badly. That said, the position of safety is supposed to keep that from becoming a TD.
It looks to me like he thought he had help over the top and that effects the way you cover

Reactions: BAT

RicKospia

Reaction score
Diggs is a stand up guy he took the blame but it was the safely who screwed up .

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
He literally points at him while cutting underneath - watch the replay. He has him underneath, appears to be making a play on the ball - S if breaking towards WR as well - if he goes for the ball, they both end up hitting each other. Diggs lets up, S lets up for some reason. Both had fault in it - but to say Diggs got beat is not the answer.

He actually plays the ball (I know that's hard to comprehend given our past CBs - haha) and appears at times to bait the QB into throws just like that.

I agree with this assessment. I think Diggs might have even had a shot at the pick.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

The interviewer tried to bait him into it.

He's a team player and I like that, but that's not to say he didn't have something to say to his teammate when they were I private...................

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I thought Diggs was out of position and got beat. But when you look at the All-22, Diggs is ACTUALLY in a position to intercept the ball if not for Kamikaze. Even though Diggs got junked, he was on the receiver's hip. He would have easily picked that ball if the safety had not been in his way.

kumizi

Reaction score
Diggs and Lamb better be here for the next decade. Not only are they great players but I like the swagger both play with. Also, neither worries me that they're going to do something stupid like DeSean Jackson or Jalen Ramsey.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Well, he can be a great teammate and take the blame on himself, but even Stevie Wonder could see the safety took a bad angle and did not make the tackle.
Kazee went for the pick didn’t even care about making any contact with the wr…… any of our other 3 safeties woulda popped the guy and dislodged the ball with ease. Kazee did the same on macs other td too. 18 is a liability.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
We lose this game if Kazee makes the tackle there. The best thing to happen once the opponent made the catch was to let him score and give our offense the ball back. And yes stopping him from making the catch would have been optimal but we clearly needed all the time left to be able to pull out the win.

Or we seal the win if Kazee makes the pick and gives ball back to offense.

Or if Kazee blows up Bourne and Diggs snags the deflection/drop.

Lots of what ifs in play here.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Kazee went for the pick didn’t even care about making any contact with the wr…… any of our other 3 safeties woulda popped the guy and dislodged the ball with ease. Kazee did the same on macs other td too. 18 is a liability.

Kazee angle was all wrong, no way he was in time for pick or even make the tackle.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
MKybZQZ.jpeg

:muttley:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
This guy reminds me so much of Deion Sanders. Lean, terrible tackler on runs, ok on the short screens, fantastic in coverage and the best ball-hawk we've had here since Everson Walls. If Anthony Brown can step up just a little more, virtually all teams will have to beat us with the TEs/RBs/slots.

Diggs is a very reliable tackler, especially on the boundary.

Not sure what you are seeing there.

6'2 210 is a big corner. And he plays like it.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Kazee angle was all wrong, no way he was in time for pick or even make the tackle.
Oh he woulda had the pick easily but didn’t take any consideration into the wr making a play on the ball. Go freeze it right before the catch you’ll see that if the wr doesn’t catch it kazee would have easily.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Oh he woulda had the pick easily but didn’t take any consideration into the wr making a play on the ball. Go freeze it right before the catch you’ll see that if the wr doesn’t catch it kazee would have easily.

So why didnt Kazee contest it if was as close as you say he was?

Kazee screwed up, he admitted it himself.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
So why didnt Kazee contest it if was as close as you say he was?

Kazee screwed up, he admitted it himself.
Kazee screwed up big time I even said that. He shoulda put a hit on the receiver or played it different to break it up or pick it. He thought he was getting an easy pick on an overthrow but the ball hung up and the guy ran right past him. If the wide out doesn’t touch the ball it’s a pick though