Diggs: That's on me Cowboy nation, I gotta make that play

Kumala808

Reaction score
He was close but coming off an injury it will take time. But diggs at least gets in there to try and make a play

But they need to make a change at safety and get flournoy a shot

sacase

Reaction score
This is what I don't understand...

If Trevon Diggs is such a good, shutdown CB, why on Earth was he asked to stand 10 yards away from the line of scrimmage on a 3rd & 6 with the game on the line???

Why not have him right on the line of scrimmage and jam his receiver? I understand it was a twins set to his side, but that shouldn't have negated from having our best CB line up right at the line and jam at least 1 of those 2 receivers, especially since we were bringing the heat at Lamar Jackson.

That's on both Diggs and the coaching staff.
We are playing a lot fo zone, which is baffeling since our corners are man to man corners.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We are playing a lot fo zone, which is baffeling since our corners are man to man corners.
Agreed. That's bad enough, but on this particular play this thread is talking about (3rd and 6 for the Ravens with the game on the line super late in the 4th), why not play man-to-man and have Diggs line up at the line of scrimmage and jam his receiver hard, especially since we were bringing the pass rush towards Lamar Jackson???

What was Zimmer thinking? Why didn't Diggs call timeout and take it upon himself to tell Zimmer and the coaches that he needs to be lined up at the line of scrimmage because of the importance of stopping the Ravens at that point of the game? No leadership whatsoever. Nothing but a followerer (Diggs).

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Saying “my bad” isn’t accountability, it’s just filler, following the example of an owner/gm who lies with ease.

This team might implode, the signs are there with sideline arguments and infighting.
what would you prefer, self-flagellation with a cat of 9 tails at the 50?

vig454

Reaction score
Our defensive players behave like they don't want to be the one making the hard tackle , they leave it up to the next players . Then nobody makes the tackle .

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Agreed it was definitely on him. Along with many other things. Cushion boy is the softest football player I have ever seen. I look at him and I feel shame.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score

If Trevon Diggs is such a good, shutdown CB, why on Earth was he asked to stand 10 yards away from the line of scrimmage on a 3rd & 6 with the game on the line???

Why not have him right on the line of scrimmage and jam his receiver? I understand it was a twins set to his side, but that shouldn't have negated from having our best CB line up right at the line and jam at least 1 of those 2 receivers, especially since we were bringing the heat at Lamar Jackson.

It was a trips set to the right side and there was motion by Bateman to the boundary to put additional pressure on the 3 defenders and see if Dallas would slide help over.

When Kendricks decided to rush the passer and not drop back into the passing zone Jackson knew right away he had to let the ball go to someone who was in single coverage.

The 10 yards away is the technique that Harris dialed up for trips formations that Dallas uses. If you watch teh replay again you can see Diggs is gesticulating and directing the traffic on who has whom.

Trips is always a difficult formation to defend when the opposing team is throwing motion and crossig patterns to confuse and tie up defenders in the wash. Coach Harris must like having more set back (cushion) to allow his players to see the play and the QBs eyes and then drive on the ball in flight.

Works on paper, but dependent on how efficient the QB in diagnosing and how big of a gun he has it can be tough to defend.

The answer I would give to you on the cushion is ask Coach Harris.

Cmac

Reaction score
Saying “my bad” isn’t accountability, it’s just filler, following the example of an owner/gm who lies with ease.

This team might implode, the signs are there with sideline arguments and infighting.
Had to say something, if this was Film Day. Front Office failure to secure deals early instead of late, cast doom on cap space creativity and unwillingness to grab Free Agents. As for sideline arguments, this team & base hated Dez and T.O. for having passion, but mental checkouts are acceptable now.

visionary

Reaction score
You dont pay a CB 22 million per when he is not shut down, cant tackle, is undisciplined and a prima donna

We are paying an above average QB elite money, a CB 22 million, a WR 34 million and about to pay a LB to play DE at 40 million and we wonder why we can win in the playoffs

LOL Cowboys fans

HungryLion

Reaction score

Mike

Zimmer

Bend but don’t break BS.

“We aren’t going to force turnovers” BS.

Quinn would have at least had Diggs trying to pick Lamar off in that situation.

starfan1

Reaction score

thats a Zimmer trademark. I used to hate it when he was here before