Diggs: That's on me Cowboy nation, I gotta make that play

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You dont pay a CB 22 million per when he is not shut down, cant tackle, is undisciplined and a prima donna

We are paying an above average QB elite money, a CB 22 million, a WR 34 million and about to pay a LB to play DE at 40 million and we wonder why we can win in the playoffs

LOL Cowboys fans
this about sums up the GM's team building..all Flash no substance...."If we can get them to 3rd and long we can get after that ball thrower!" Well Jerry any team that doesnt just run the ball down your throat needs the coaching staff executed at dawn....

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm more concerned with overall abysmal showing from this zimmer defense in back to back weeks

links18

Reaction score
Refreshing accountability

Doesn't he realize he should be taunting fans and telling them to jump off the wagon instead?
Or blaming his teammates for not wanting it as much or trying to be Superman, or whatever was said by a certain defensive "assassin."

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Mike

Zimmer

Bend but don’t break BS.

“We aren’t going to force turnovers” BS.

Quinn would have at least had Diggs trying to pick Lamar off in that situation.
I am not so sure about this. Harris was promoted to Assistant Head Coach as a move to retain him. You have to believe he plays a big role in establishing technique and scheme for the DBs.

It may not be Zimmer, but rather Harris. Diggs was close, but close is only good in horse shoes and hand grenades. The trips formation is designed to gain you that fraction of a second.

Jackson did well to make a strong diefinitive decision and beat Diggs to the passing window.

JustChip

Reaction score
He was so close to getting his hand in there but got there too late because he was caught up in the junk.

Appreciate the accountability though.
Agreed. But did the defense called by Zimmer have him 5 yards off? They rushed 6 so Lamar is going to have to get rid of it quickly. Seems to me it should’ve been press coverage. Beaten for a huge gain, even a TD, is no different in that situation to giving an easy 1st down. Diggs almost got there, but almost doesn’t matter.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I am not so sure about this. Harris was promoted to Assistant Head Coach as a move to retain him. You have to believe he plays a big role in establishing technique and scheme for the DBs.

It may not be Zimmer, but rather Harris. Diggs was close, but close is only good in horse shoes and hand grenades. The trips formation is designed to gain you that fraction of a second.

Jackson did well to make a strong diefinitive decision and beat Diggs to the passing window.

I’m just going off history. Zimmer has a history of playing soft, bend but don’t break on the outside.

I get all that about Harris but……..

Zimmer was literally on record saying the defense wouldn’t force as many turnovers this year. Which was a huge red flag to me.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, it's been nagging at him enough for him to post. At least it shows that losses and missed opportunities matter to him.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I had no faith in him anyway on that route. Diggs has never made that play. He didn’t make it against Kittles in the postseason. I don’t trust him in short yard situations. He plays off the line of scrimmage most times and when he does play tight, he loses his man or typically commits the penalty. He had a perfect opportunity against Kittles I that crucial 3d down and he whiff because he didn’t want the contact. I trust Jordan Lewis the most out of our secondary when a stop needs to be made in coverage. At least he’s sticky on coverage and it’s a bang bang play.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
How about the kicker? They would try from 72 yards and a 65 yarder would be more than 50 percent.
The kicker is incredible, still this is no guarantee, he’s missed extra points as well.

I’m not trying to be negative but we lost this game after that first drive to open the second half