Dilemma: Dallas is winningest NFC team in regular season over the last 3 seasons

Mcsports

Reaction score
Numbers to look at (eliminating the Dallas game/outcome from the opponents' win loss record. It's some kind of statistical analysis).
Opponents that Dallas beat in 2023 (regular season)
69 wins and 88 losses winning percentage of 44%

Opponents that Dallas lost to in 2023 regular season
44 wins and 35 losses winning percentage of 55.6%

Once again those are the numbers of the opponents after withdrawing the Dallas outcome.

GMO415

Reaction score
7edc283c9d03ad16314a167b852932d1_w200.gif

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yay everyone gets t-shirts and ball caps!!!

That isn't the goal. Not even close. Their post season record is far more important.

Hey, it's good for TV ratings and merch sales though. :rolleyes:
Yes, that is why the word "Dilemma" is front and center

I'm sure you know you just stated the obvious. Maybe just wanted to say it anyway out of frustration. I get it.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Lol. Knew some would take issue with that but I think not following your own rules and the ref ignoring a direct question after the game speaks otherwise.
Take issue is waaay tooo strong but this the internet where folks exaggerate all the time. It’s not true period. I mean I see it’s a lot of dumb people in the world shrugs. Using that logic hell if they called the trip on the right person game is already over and Detroit never gets the ball back.

kevm3

Reaction score
The Patriots went undefeated in 2007 and lost the Super Bowl.

The Warriors went 73-9 in 2016 and lost in the NBA Finals.

Neither team won anything.

Regular season DOESN’T MATTER.

Exactly. A 9 and 8 team that wins a superbowl is much better than a 15 and 2 team that gets knocked out in the first round. If you're not going deep into the playoffs or winning a superbowl, really, who cares about a regular season record?

Aftershock

Reaction score
Yet have STUNK in the playoffs when it really matters.

Like Aikman and Jimmy said after the disaster loss to Green Bay---they did not expect it at all.

If the front office put together a roster that has won more games(36) than any NFC team in the least three and 2nd only to the Chiefs (37) in the entire NFL, why should they be able to predict a Green Bay flop when almost all of the experts didn't?

The solution isn't so simple that a bunch of fans on the internet would know more than Aikman or Jimmy Johnson.

The solution has to be out there, but its tough.
It's simple really, the team chokes.

kskboys

Reaction score
Some numbers to chew on.
Opponents that Dallas beat in 2023
70 wins and 100 losses (regular season) winning percentage of .411

Opponents that Dallas lost in 2023
49 wins and 36 losses (regular season) winning percentage of 57.6
We played a lot more games last season than I thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score

Since WC teams very rarely make it to the super bowl, I wouldn't say it doesn't matter, but being built to win reg season games and being built to win in the playoffs are two entirely different animals. You simply must have that equalizer when playing playoff teams. Ball control O and disruptive DLine are the two primary ways that work.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Take issue is waaay tooo strong but this the internet where folks exaggerate all the time. It’s not true period. I mean I see it’s a lot of dumb people in the world shrugs. Using that logic hell if they called the trip on the right person game is already over and Detroit never gets the ball back.
Sorry but the rule as advertised by the NFL itself is a player gives a physical and verbal sign to report. The only one to do both was the guy who caught the pass. The ref didn't follow the rule and avoided a question about what was said to him by that player after the game prompting the NFL to release a video placing the burden on teams to get it right. Then they demoted that ref crew from playoffs work. What else happened in the game doesn't change that protocol wasn't followed in the end that helped us. Lucky us it worked out that way or we could have lost.

jgboys1

Reaction score
We need a, every season championship just like the NHL has and just like the NHL team who wins it, we can get knocked out in the first round. It pretty much happens every year, with us and the NHL team that wins the President Cup..

Gambit

Reaction score

Except it does haven't seen a 1-16 team in Superbowl

Gambit

Reaction score

Except it does haven't seen a 1-16 team in Superbowl