DiNucci Benched after one game!

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
sorry he wasnt nearly as horrible as people make out. Yeah he threw a few funky passes but one was basically a throw out of bounds and the other 2 were under heavy pressure

they seemed to not even let him try to grow as a qb in the game. When they were forced to he was getting better

shame on McCarthy and Moore for doing that to him. He will be a trivia joke for years now, he didnt deserve that

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sorry he wasnt nearly as horrible as people make out. Yeah he threw a few funky passes but one was basically a throw out of bounds and the other 2 were under heavy pressure

they seemed to not even let him try to grow as a qb in the game. When they were forced to he was getting better

shame on McCarthy and Moore for doing that to him. He will be a trivia joke for years now, he didnt deserve that
Have to agree, the game plan was crap at times.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Seems like the coaching staff had a long time (many months) to judge DiNucci's level of talent. Now they are changing their opinion after one game? How about some confidence in your talent evaluation and decision making?
Obviously, this coaching staff realizes they made a grave mistake and over-evaluation of DiNucci. His performance on the field last Sunday night was so bad on various points that it showed this coaching staff how wrong they were, thus the sudden change at QB.

zerofill

Reaction score
There go my dreams of a "Nooch" Jersey.

You just need to go to the custom section in their shop...
CKEnxHX.png

BAHAHAHA

zerofill

Reaction score
To be fair this was the first time they had actually seen him in real game action. Ordinarily they would have seen his deer in headlights-ism during pre-season and acted accordingly. You can never judge a player solely on what they show in practice. Nor should you. Remember all the talk in 2016 about how Dak was looking worse than Jameil Showers all through camp? Then they put him a game and suddenly a light bulb went on?

If I am being fair... I think that deer was blind.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don’t have an issue with going with experience
I like Ben as the guy I keep to develope but rush has more experience
Why keep and develop DiNucci? He looked terrible Sunday night against the Eagles. His throws were way off, overthrowing and underthrowing open receivers, not having the arm strength to throw balls with NFL speed or accuracy at all, struggling to throw balls further than 20 yards, some weird sidearm throws that mostly ended in bad throws, struggling against the speed of the game and competition, struggling badly to read defenses correctly, etc.

It's better to play both Cooper Rush and Garrett Gilbert to see which one might show they can at least play a much better game than Ben DiNucci. DiNucci was that bad last Sunday.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Hahaha...you're simply wrong about DiNucci. There goes your pipe dream of Dak's replacement.
:muttley:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Have to agree, the game plan was crap at times.

Yeah all the sideways passing was bush league as hell. Either let the kid play the position or put somebody else in. If they had no plans to let him actually throw the ball like a real QB they should have put Cedric Wilson at QB and run the wishbone. Would have ruined the Eagles' defensive assignment plan..

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score

I have to disagree.

He looked and played like garbage.

He sucks, and there was no throw or play that indicated that he can be much more than what he displayed.

cern

Reaction score
I think the cowboys would rather see cooper or Gilberto get smashed. Qb Ben will be back following game. Steelers game is an auto loss. No sense losing a potential qb, too.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah all the sideways passing was bush league as hell. Either let the kid play the position or put somebody else in. If they had no plans to let him actually throw the ball like a real QB they should have put Cedric Wilson at QB and run the wishbone. Would have ruined the Eagles' defensive assignment plan..
He was running for his life and reverting to bad instincts. Dude was trying to make things happen, gotta give him that.