DiNucci Benched after one game!

Proof

Reaction score
I'll need him to define "more experience", because Dinucci has already thrown more passes and played more snaps than Gilbert. Call a spade a spade. Say you need better QB play so you're trying someone else. The coddling of this team is ridiculous.

nit really. They pulled the plug. That’s not exactly coddling

DandyDon52

Reaction score
IMO the jones boys probably told mike to not start dinucci again, so he like a true puppet, will go with rush or gilbert.

Dinucci did not do as bad as some make out.
the team scored more points than dalton led team did in wash, his stats were even with wentz, and it was windy and cold, and SNF and his first game.
I think he did good, all things considered.
Plus kellens game plan and play calling was awful, and cost them one FG with that reverse.

Was he ready to play no he wasnt , but again that is on coaches, the philly defense is pretty good, it was their offense that sucked.

Should dinucci start against pitt?? Maybe , but it really doesnt matter , no way they can win , even if dalton or dak were playing they would lose.
Rush and Gilbert are not going to be better than dinucci, and may be worse.

So no matter which one plays, they are going to lose and may get blown out.

This game is in a dome, not the windy phil stadium so dinucci would look better passing if he played.

If it were me as HC , I would look at all 3 in practice, and go with the one that looks the best throwing the ball.

quickccc

Reaction score
its' no big surprise to Noochie to be benched - because his very raw inexperience. .

But the point that they thought much of him to take a shot at starting in an effort to gamble on getting a surprising winning performance. lets us
what they think of his physical tools and potential.

He 's definitely a project, and he is physically is vast in compared to Cooper Rush and Garrett Gilbert.
But while Garrett and Rush have already had their share of OTAs, training camps and preseason experience in their NFL years. Noochie simply
has not such an advantage.o_O

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
But Cowboyszone said anyone can play QB in this offense. Hell, a rookie Dak (who is obviously much worse than Dinucci) played well in this offense and he didn't have Gallup, CD, and Cooper!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
When I heard this news...first thing I thought of was Parcells....and Romo. You don't want to throw a player out there that isn't ready...and lose the player for good....shot confidence.

That was about as bad a set of circumstances a guy could have making his first start. I was happy to see him...but he was in way over his head....hopefully...redshirting him...will help him see the big picture. I think he needs a real off season...and training camp before evaluating this kid. Really unfair to try and judge him in these circumstances. :(

Tussinman

Reaction score
I don't think "benching" a 3rd stringer is a real thing. When your 3rd string your either not going to start or are only there till it's time to be replaced.

You can't bench someone whose already 2nd bench (lol)

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Seems like the coaching staff had a long time (many months) to judge DiNucci's level of talent. Now they are changing their opinion after one game? How about some confidence in your talent evaluation and decision making?
His reps with the practice squad to evaluate? He was never in a real “live” situation like preseason.

Cmac

Reaction score
In fairness to Nooch….he never should have been tossed overboard like that. Next!!!

08-521-Shark-fin-in-the-water-in-northern-Florida.jpg

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Agreed AC this young man does not possess the very basics . Arm strength no Pocket awareness no internal time clock positively not . Strange throwing motion check . He is capable of handing the ball off but we need more than that LOL
BR, but according to the Dak haters...DiNucci at least is not Dak. LOL

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't "find it unreasonable". The decision to make a change now is understandable, and is not the subject of my criticism.

I agree that the team probably never expected him to play this season. Yet, he was on the active roster, and deemed capable of playing. Often, teams have to resort to their 3rd string QB. The Cowboys have been lucky in recent years taking the very risky approach of keeping only 2 QB's. A player on the active roster should be capable of, well... actually PLAYING. I don't blame DiNucci, I blame a coaching staff that has mis-evaluated, and a GM that has underinvested.

Green Bay fields one of the league's best QB's (a first rounder), yet they used their recent first round pick on another QB. The Cowboys GM on the other hand, has invested a total of one late fourth round pick, and a seventh round pick, in the most important position on the team. Pretty clear which approach is more successful.
No, DiNucci was deemed worthy of trying to develop, not of playing immediately. That's why they kept him as the #3 guy, and not the #2 guy that they had a greater expectation of playing and needing to win games for them. If they thought DiNucci was ready to play immediately Dalton wouldn't have been needed.

As for Green Bay using a higher pick on a QB, sure that's likely to be more successful, but hat doesn't refute what I said. Besides realistically Green Bay's starting QB was 10 year's older than Dallas' starting QB, so it's much more understandable why they would use a higher pick on a QB. When Rodgers was 27 instead of 37 the Packers weren't using high draft picks on QBs.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
But Cowboyszone said anyone can play QB in this offense. Hell, a rookie Dak (who is obviously much worse than Dinucci) played well in this offense and he didn't have Gallup, CD, and Cooper!

No, the zone never said this. This is a bunch of BS.