Dirty truth about NFL and their Penalties

glimmerman

Reaction score
And where is supposed to be running the ball? Have you seen holes that our RB's are missing? Defenses are sending the house because we can't block anyone. By the way I don't want to see him miss another game and nothing against Coop but you might as well sing 'Good night Gracie' and get ready for the Grapefruit league.
Don’t want to see who miss another game..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Our QB. Maybe I misunderstood you to say he better start running the ball...
No you got it right. Now of course I don’t want to see him get injured or miss any time and maybe his calf injury is lingering and that’s the reason he is not running. But in the past he had a few times in a game when nothing was there and he would roll out and get some yards with his legs. Teams had to account for that or the QB sneaks on short yardage plays. Teams are lining up and stacking the line and bringing it every play and making him throw. If rolls out and they are bringing it he will get the edge and nobody is home. Once that happens defenses will have to spy or back off some. But maybe he is still hurt or not wanting to push it yet. He ran one in against the falcons and had a huge smile on his face.

ESisback

Reaction score
I agree but the thing is the Cowboys are ratings kings when they're doing well so the NFL seems to be shooting themselves in the foot.

The ratings are best when they’re involved AND they lose. The largest fanbase brings viewer$. Anyone that’s not a fan (MILLIONS!) brings even more. Combine the two…it’s profit time!

But if the Boys look too dominant, that second group becomes less engaged, and ratings drop. Out come the flags! Subjective penalties! Just coincidence$!
Yeah, we have deficiencies, we make mistakes, and most of what happens to us is of our own doing, but COME ON! On far too many third down situations, the opponent converts, or gets a flag that converts for them! Dallas makes a key first down or scores—like clockwork, a flag! Yeah, it happens to everyone. But not on the epic scale it does to us, and anyone that disputes that? Your boat has drifted too far down Da Nile.

So Dallas protests to the NFL? Think that’ll change anything? All it’ll do is intensify. They’ll adjust their methods to look even more insidious, and Dallas fans that notice will be demonized even more!

Cue the “realists”, in 3…2…1…

glimmerman

Reaction score
The ratings are best when they’re involved AND they lose. The largest fanbase brings viewer$. Anyone that’s not a fan (MILLIONS!) brings even more. Combine the two…it’s profit time!

But if the Boys look too dominant, that second group becomes less engaged, and ratings drop. Out come the flags! Subjective penalties! Just coincidence$!
Yeah, we have deficiencies, we make mistakes, and most of what happens to us is of our own doing, but COME ON! On far too many third down situations, the opponent converts, or gets a flag that converts for them! Dallas makes a key first down or scores—like clockwork, a flag! Yeah, it happens to everyone. But not on the epic scale it does to us, and anyone that disputes that? Your boat has drifted too far down Da Nile.

So Dallas protests to the NFL? Think that’ll change anything? All it’ll do is intensify. They’ll adjust their methods to look even more insidious, and Dallas fans that notice will be demonized even more!

Cue the “realists”, in 3…2…1…
The Pollard run called back for a phantom hold and the catch fumble called incomplete were momentum killers. 3rd and 18 play was ticky tack. Not sure if it was us we would get that call..

ESisback

Reaction score
The Pollard run called back for a phantom hold and the catch fumble called incomplete were momentum killers. 3rd and 18 play was ticky tack. Not sure if it was us we would get that call..

I was expecting a flag after Pollard’s kickoff return. I said to my brother, ‘watch for a flag!’ I was shocked there wasn’t one! Did I see a ref running with his hand on his flag? Ha ha ha

glimmerman

Reaction score
I was expecting a flag after Pollard’s kickoff return. I said to my brother, ‘watch for a flag!’ I was shocked there wasn’t one! Did I see a ref running with his hand on his flag? Ha ha ha
Yep. I had been yelling at the tv so much my wife had taken the dog and went in the bedroom, I cracked the door and she said where is the flag. Lol. The refs had to let the score get close. Lol.

CWR

Reaction score

That ref busted his face into the turf, so he probably had a brief lapse in which he was unable to throw the flag. Wouldn't have suprised me to see him throw it from a prone position, while concused though.

kskboys

Reaction score
Then why aren’t we getting handed free wins like 2 of our opponents got this year?

85-90% of NFL fans can’t stand the Dallas Cowboys (basically everyone but Cowboys fans). They’re all betting on the Cowboys?
We are.

kskboys

Reaction score
Then why aren’t we getting handed free wins like 2 of our opponents got this year?

85-90% of NFL fans can’t stand the Dallas Cowboys (basically everyone but Cowboys fans). They’re all betting on the Cowboys?
Oh, and go rewatch the DET/DALL playoff game objectively if you want to see a team get screwed out of the playoffs.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yup it was ridiculous...so were several of the PI calls 2 literally gave Raiders a TD.
I have no idea if it was a conspiracy or not, but I do know for a fact that several tickytack penalties gave this game to the Raiders. Under my conjecture, I think they were simply trying to keep the game close and didn't care who won. We would've had a huge lead by halftime if not for the refs making the game close, meaning many would've tuned out. And that is what the NFL absolutely does not want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Oh, and go rewatch the DET/DALL playoff game objectively if you want to see a team get screwed out of the playoffs.
That just lets you know it’s happening everywhere. It’s not just us. But my team is the only one I care about. At least I will admit it and own it.

kskboys

Reaction score
That just lets you know it’s happening everywhere. It’s not just us. But my team is the only one I care about. At least I will admit it and own it.
The only game that wasn't a blowout was the night game, and the Saints O was so pathetic there was no way to keep them in the game.

Nav22

Reaction score
LOL! That’s cute. You must be referring to the call that happened with around 8 minutes left and with Detroit leading.

Act like that’s the same thing as a game-deciding BULL**** call in the final seconds, one that swings the win % by like 50% by itself, if it makes you feel better.

Several bad calls went against us in that Detroit game as well, and there were articles pointing them out because the league admitted as such.

Examples: Reggie Bush’s TD run should’ve been wiped out by a hold... we should’ve gotten a call on 3rd down late but we didn’t, so we had to convert on 4th down late to eventually score the game-winning TD.

Great example though! That 1 call we got with 8 minutes left was totally the same as when Chris Godwin blatantly shoved Jourdan Lewis with 2 hands and the refs pretended they didn’t see it, and which led DIRECTLY to a Cowboys loss!!!
:laugh:

glimmerman

Reaction score
I have no idea if it was a conspiracy or not, but I do know for a fact that several tickytack penalties gave this game to the Raiders. Under my conjecture, I think they were simply trying to keep the game close and didn't care who won. We would've had a huge lead by halftime if not for the refs making the game close, meaning many would've tuned out. And that is what the NFL absolutely does not want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought they wanted a close game. The catch fumble called incomplete was a judgement call that they could use. A good Pollard run called back for a holding that did not happen. But those PI calls towards the end let’s me know they didn’t want us to win. How many 3rd downs did penalties give them. Now did Brown commit penalties, yes I think so. But one looked bad and the refs took there time throwing the flag. Would like to know if the raiders got away with holding Parsons and others because he was getting plenty of time to throw..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I thought they wanted a close game. The catch fumble called incomplete was a judgement call that they could use. A good Pollard run called back for a holding that did not happen. But those PI calls towards the end let’s me know they didn’t want us to win. How many 3rd downs did penalties give them. Now did Brown commit penalties, yes I think so. But one looked bad and the refs took there time throwing the flag. Would like to know if the raiders got away with holding Parsons and others because he was getting plenty of time to throw..

5 third down bailouts by the refs..thats ridiculous

CowboysRule

Reaction score
The OP has a point that shouldn't be overlooked. Why can't they challenge a flag? Like when the Steelers blocked a Green Bay FG and was called offsides. Or like last week when a facemask penalty was called and on replay you could clearly see the defender did not have the facemask. Why can't these be challenged yet a catch can?
They say they don't want challenges because it disrupts the flow of the game and makes it take too long and blah blah blah but they have no issue with the refs having a 5 minute conference before announcing every penalty.

glimmerman

Reaction score
5 third down bailouts by the refs..thats ridiculous
2 being ticky tack. We should have been able to pull that game out. Maybe with healthy starters in the game like Cooper and or Lamb we could have mounted a lead. But that many penalties is fishy for sure..