Dirty truth about NFL and their Penalties

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's just a way to control a game for control of money! First off NFL penalties are for egregious acts/penalties. Now think about this a coach could challenge a catch, a fumble a yardage mark, etc because a ref screwed up but they can't challenge a flag that the ref screwed up on. Why is that? It's so they could control the outcome of games for their gambling buddies. It has been this way forever. They let you think that they've given you options to get a play corrected but they'll never ever let you challenge penalties for a reason.

Yup, and like I said in a post, the league could answer the issue today. They won't because more money is to be made by playing to the narratives of the networks. That's who pays the League, and that's the supporters the league really cares about. The more the league plays to them, the more money the networks throw at the league. Jerry is probably stung a bit by the loss, but hey, at least he's got millions coming his way with that game. It won't hurt him as much as it hurts us.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
I posted the rule yesterday in another thread. Looking for the ball is not a requirement. Intentional contact is a requirement. If Brown had run into the receiver while playing the ball, it would have been a clean play. But he did not run into the receiver until the ball had already hit him in the back. Incidental contact vitiates PI. When you watch the replay Brown is not in contact with the receiver until the receiver puts his hands on Browns head and pulls his head into his chest. Brown had his hands up and out away from the receiver. This would be no different if Brown was trailing the receiver by 2 yards and an underthrown ball hit him in the back.

Call PI on that play was incorrect. It should have been a no call. The receivers antics should not come into play. Jerry Jones is right, the refs should not allow teams to make PI a designed play.
:clap::clap:

Flamma

Reaction score
I posted the rule yesterday in another thread. Looking for the ball is not a requirement. Intentional contact is a requirement. If Brown had run into the receiver while playing the ball, it would have been a clean play. But he did not run into the receiver until the ball had already hit him in the back. Incidental contact vitiates PI. When you watch the replay Brown is not in contact with the receiver until the receiver puts his hands on Browns head and pulls his head into his chest. Brown had his hands up and out away from the receiver. This would be no different if Brown was trailing the receiver by 2 yards and an underthrown ball hit him in the back.

Call PI on that play was incorrect. It should have been a no call. The receivers antics should not come into play. Jerry Jones is right, the refs should not allow teams to make PI a designed play.

Remember, the refs are calling this at full speed. There was zero space between Brown and the WR when the ball got there. I've seen that flagged a million times. Just don't be the wide receiver's shirt when the ball gets there. Unless you're looking back at the ball.

conner01

Reaction score
Not true..Dallas has the biggest fan base and more money is bet on Dallas every week than any other team. When Dallas covers Vegas books can lose big. We were 7-0 against the spread now 7-3. NFL is now in the gaming business..the truth is nobody knows. Let’s hope this isn’t happening
It’s really hard to have conspiracies that involved dozens of people
The nfl makes money from gambling whether Vegas does or not
And the 3 games we didn’t cover had much more to do with how we played than the officials
The officials called some really crappy calls Thursday’s but they called them on both teams
The nfl has one revenue stream that beats them all and that’s broadcasting the games and Dallas winning drives up viewership with drives ad revenue which drives bigger tv contracts

khiladi

Reaction score
What if there’s no conspiracy. What if a lot of people resent and hate the cowboys? What if some refs are people?

Cowboys are the most valued franchise in the league and gain the most viewership. They even sell the most jerseys for their top players. If one is trying to argue from the perspective of what is in the interests of viewership and advertising revenue, the above doesn’t seem to support the case.

Maybe there is something on the books we aren’t privy too, but from the above, it makes no sense.

Brooksey

Reaction score
It’s really hard to have conspiracies that involved dozens of people
The nfl makes money from gambling whether Vegas does or not
And the 3 games we didn’t cover had much more to do with how we played than the officials
The officials called some really crappy calls Thursday’s but they called them on both teams
The nfl has one revenue stream that beats them all and that’s broadcasting the games and Dallas winning drives up viewership with drives ad revenue which drives bigger tv contracts

Penalties were 14-14 yes but LV received 7- 3rd down conversions and an overturned fumble. That’s 8 change of possession calls plus they took away Shultz TD and the Pollard run.

Oakland defense was called for two third down penalties.

I worked in broadcast for FOX close to 10 years after college. Ratings has nothing to do with it. Cowboys fans watch regardless of Cowboys record and national broadcasters NBC, FOX , CBS do not pay more because Dallas ratings were higher for a game or a season, it was already projected. It’s on the advertisers that pay more when ratings are higher or lower for a game. For example FOX negotiates with NFL based on an average rating over 5-7 years upfront, it’s a guaranteed amount. If the NFL produces less ratings FOX does not get a discount. If the ratings are down for that season for “kneeling” the advertisers like Ford get a discount because there’s less reach and their ad agency in NY negotiates that. If FOX complains that they want NFL product at a lower cost NFL will just shop it to ABC or Amazon, so they won’t.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
The roughing the passer call was arguably the most egregious call of the game. So Carr falls/dives essentially into Parsons and he gets flagged? LOL.

Njce call Hochuli.
Because carr got up and sold a oscar winning acting job. But the problem is if it was called immediately when he went down I dont have any issues , the refs called only after carr’s acting job . There lies the problem

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
This is the truth:

FFLJi7dXwAAczRL

boysbeyond4ever

Reaction score
This was blatant foul by Refs

I wished we played a NFC team so Aikman would have been on the call given al the blows to the head he took in the pocket out of the pocket scrambling down the field of which almost none even drew a flag of any kind. There was one Monday game in Indianapolis where he got whacked 3 or 4 different times and no flags came out.

I am sure Troy wants refs to err on the side of caution with those incidents, but something tells me he would have been a little troubled by that particular call because nobody hit Carr with any intent and even less force. I get the felling he would disagreed strongly with that call. - even going against Dalas.

conner01

Reaction score
Penalties were 14-14 yes but LV received 7- 3rd down conversions and an overturned fumble. That’s 8 change of possession calls plus they took away Shultz TD and the Pollard run.

Oakland defense was called for two third down penalties.

I worked in broadcast for FOX close to 10 years after college. Ratings has nothing to do with it. Cowboys fans watch regardless of Cowboys record and national broadcasters NBC, FOX , CBS do not pay more because Dallas ratings were higher for a game or a season, it was already projected. It’s on the advertisers that pay more when ratings are higher or lower for a game. For example FOX negotiates with NFL based on an average rating over 5-7 years upfront, it’s a guaranteed amount. If the NFL produces less ratings FOX does not get a discount. If the ratings are down for that season for “kneeling” the advertisers like Ford get a discount because there’s less reach and their ad agency in NY negotiates that. If FOX complains that they want NFL product at a lower cost NFL will just shop it to ABC or Amazon, so they won’t.
The overturned fumble was reviewed and ruled no catch so not only was all the officials in the game conspiring together but the replay officials in New York
So all these people around the league have this massive conspiracy that is making the nfl all this money from gambling yet gambling revenue pales in comparison to tv revenue and Vegas who ever Vegas is, is also in on this conspiracy that would be a federal crime yet all these people are covering it up
I got it

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Cowboys are the most valued franchise in the league and gain the most viewership. They even sell the most jerseys for their top players. If one is trying to argue from the perspective of what is in the interests of viewership and advertising revenue, the above doesn’t seem to support the case.

Maybe there is something on the books we aren’t privy too, but from the above, it makes no sense.
I’m not sure how you get that I’m hinting to anything at all about viewership or revenue. I have no idea what led you to believe I was saying that from what I said.

I’m very simply saying that refs are just normal people with their own feelings. Many are football fans. Many many football fans resent the cowboys for being America’s Team, being on tv all the time (even when they’re not that good or deserving as has happened in years past). —Jerry Jones being all over or whatever else people are bothered by the Cowboys.

It’s possible that some refs have a bias and that shows up on the field from time to time. Maybe its even subconscious. I just know there’s some very unique calls that have gone against this team and fairly consistently.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
These calls made are very subjective. And when there’s a “big play-big call possible”. It very often goes against us. Two game deciding game ending calls cost us a chance to win two games. Not to mention the other **** calls that went in their favor to help make the game that close.

Almost no one thought that wasn’t a Raider fumble and play of the game type of save to keep the ball in. A real momentum changer. Nope.

Tampa game a guy takes off his helmet and no flag. You literally will not EVER see that call missed again. First and goal? Nope. We didn’t see that.

Consistent extreme stupidly or a fairly consistent game changing bias.

morasp

Reaction score
The ratings are best when they’re involved AND they lose. The largest fanbase brings viewer$. Anyone that’s not a fan (MILLIONS!) brings even more. Combine the two…it’s profit time!

But if the Boys look too dominant, that second group becomes less engaged, and ratings drop. Out come the flags! Subjective penalties! Just coincidence$!
Yeah, we have deficiencies, we make mistakes, and most of what happens to us is of our own doing, but COME ON! On far too many third down situations, the opponent converts, or gets a flag that converts for them! Dallas makes a key first down or scores—like clockwork, a flag! Yeah, it happens to everyone. But not on the epic scale it does to us, and anyone that disputes that? Your boat has drifted too far down Da Nile.

So Dallas protests to the NFL? Think that’ll change anything? All it’ll do is intensify. They’ll adjust their methods to look even more insidious, and Dallas fans that notice will be demonized even more!

Cue the “realists”, in 3…2…1…
In their quest for ratings the NFL has ruined football for me.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's just a way to control a game for control of money! First off NFL penalties are for egregious acts/penalties. Now think about this a coach could challenge a catch, a fumble a yardage mark, etc because a ref screwed up but they can't challenge a flag that the ref screwed up on. Why is that? It's so they could control the outcome of games for their gambling buddies. It has been this way forever. They let you think that they've given you options to get a play corrected but they'll never ever let you challenge penalties for a reason.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yep and Bigfoot is real too.