Disgusted

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I rooted for a Cowboy's loss AND wins by the rest of the NFCE just to aggravate Ranching and Rocky's delicate feelings.

(Not really. I mean, how insecure and simple minded does one need to be to care about how another feels about a game they have NO impact on much less come on a forum and flex their fanhood...)

blueblood70

Reaction score
I just don't get it. Why would anyone root for a loss???? Yeah, yeah, higher draft pick, but that's not a guarantee. How can anyone watch their team and hope that they lose????
we stayed in the exact draft slot after a win.. no biggie we get to be a little satisified with win and still on track for top 10 draft pick regardless f the rest of the schedules results..

Players and coahes do NOT tnk, dont use the word it was mad eup by fans..teams are simply that bad and some start using young players as the season closes with appearances of tank

those keep citing MIA tanked last season got tua..

UMMMMMM NOOOOOO! they did NOT

they started horrible finished 3-3 and 2-0 to close it out, beat NE last year..so how did they tank Fitz started every game and they got better the last 6 not worse..

funny fans only remember them making bye week trade deadline moves and started the tank talk..that did not happen,,they picked what 5/6 after showing improvement and it carried over..

I do not want to finish with 4 losses, sorry long offseason and fan losing on purpose is poor sportsmanship, bad character, and just wouldn't truly be allowed by the league, fines and threat letter would be sent , the Games integrity would be called in question..

sorry lose naturally, get high draft picks, i can live with, absolutely no coach or player go into games after the first kickoff, saying ok how do we lose this one..nah fans can think that and possible GMS might purposefully take a way talent and have drafts high in their minds but coaches and players do NOT and they are the ones controlling the game..

if fans around here dont understand what the Integrity of the game and true sportsmanship means, they never played sports and already had bad character..

glimmerman

Reaction score
I just don't get it. Why would anyone root for a loss???? Yeah, yeah, higher draft pick, but that's not a guarantee. How can anyone watch their team and hope that they lose????
I want to win. I watch the game to win. I worry about the draft on draft day. Unfortunately we will get a top 10-12 pick. But I would love to make the playoffs if we can. Lol.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no question but what it's more enjoyable to see your team win, rather than to lose. Nevertheless, when it's been 25 years since your favorite team has won the Super Bowl, you're bound to see each loss as another step to ensure more losses is a likelihood. Being a winner and the fan of a winner is simply preferable to endlessly pulling for a losing team. The Cowboys fans who have rooted for this team since their glory days understandably want to return to that great satisfaction again ASAP.

I find myself wanting to see this team win each and every time they play, although, the draft rewards of losing and the benefits of doing so are some consolation if winning just isn't in the cards. It's about wanting the best for your team and the future that a loss can potentially do for them on draft day. Needless to say, it's an odd compulsion, to be sure. Go figure.

While it's true that losing can't guarantee success, at least there a fair chance that it might enhance a fan's team well being in the future. In other words, it offers hope for downtrodden fans who are sorely disappointed after far too many years of losing. Yet, fans like myself can't help pulling for their team to win, despite knowing what the benefits of a loss can do. If that team doesn't win, the consolation of a higher draft pick can be a blessing. ;)

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
We currently sit in the 5th spot of the draft. That’s a perfect spot to take Parsons and start turning this defense around.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because some fans have become desperate and grow weary of this brain trust and their ineptitude with player acquisitions. The higher the pick the better odds against a screw up like Charleton.

I am not a tanker but I don't really care whether they win or lose and took nothing from beating a team with their sights set on an OT in the draft. I am also getting tired of all the talking heads giving this team attaboys for playing hard. They get paid very well to play hard. As far as praise for that defense they were getting, look who they were playing. Brandon Allen was doing his Aaron Rodgers impersonation and this team doesn't do well against one legged QB's.

Coach, for some of the fans, this is like watching a family member struggle and they feel until that hit rock bottom they can't begin to climb back up. One thing I do find humorous are those that rail about how bad the D is while they cheered taking a WR in the 1st. I am not aware of a WR making the D better.

The Cowboys are just another reminder of what a total ++++show 2020 has been and it can't get over fast enough. Best New Year's Eve in history coming up. And the draft and that means renewed hope.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We currently sit in the 5th spot of the draft. That’s a perfect spot to take Parsons and start turning this defense around.
still far too many games left and a combine and player visits, workouts, etc before the draft..some Defender not on our radar could pop up..LB is sort of need but DT and DB much larger holes..Parsons would be a parachute BPA player if nothing else makes sense but a DB or DT that flashes during the process we have yet to begin toward the draft will make this more clear in April..

everyone keeps saying parson, Surtain or wade but there are others ill guarantee you that all of a sudden start climbing up the boards..

Aven8

Reaction score
still far too many games left and a combine and player visits, workouts, etc before the draft..some Defender not on our radar could pop up..LB is sort of need but DT and DB much larger holes..Parsons would be a parachute BPA player if nothing else makes sense but a DB or DT that flashes during the process we have yet to begin toward the draft will make this more clear in April..

everyone keeps saying parson, Surtain or wade but there are others ill guarantee you that all of a sudden start climbing up the boards..

I get all of that, but no DB is going to be able to take over a game like this kid can. He’s a game wrecker.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
*sigh*

Neither side is some terrible fan.

I personally, could never root for the team to lose, but I do understand the reasoning. It makes logical sense.

Is sacrificing one win (or a couple) now worth gaining 10 to 15 wins later (just to put a number on it)? For those saying people are not a fan for rooting for the team to lose, are you also not a fan if the win you're rooting for now causes them to lose 10-15 more in the future? Is that not you rooting for them to lose, and to lose even more?

Of course, nothing is guaranteed. It's impossible, especially at this point to know what will come of our future draft picks, or how much they would have differed if they were at different spots.

So, I see both sides of it. I can't hope for a tank myself, but can't argue much with those who do. Not at this point in the season and in this position.

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
I didn't root for them to lose, I was just indifferent to the outcome. The draft pick doesn't matter, we have a 10% shot of it being the correct pick...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I get all of that, but no DB is going to be able to take over a game like this kid can. He’s a game wrecker.
LOOKS THAT WAY..weve seen those tags not show up in the nfl..i get whys hes on the list..we have GGANTIC holes on DB and DT..no problem grabbing him but we have 4 months to make that decsions..lets keep an eye on that process combine, visits, scouts feedback etc

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
.......but not quite as sad as the Dakota fanatics that have to admit that Dalton did well in filling in for the “ I want 40 million dollar boy”

Don’t ever settle or overpay for mediocrity at the most important position in football
:lmao::lmao2:Dak's value goes up every time Dalton plays.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
when you punish your kid, its not because you don't like them. you are wanting them to get better....a higher draft pick, means a brighter future.

aria

Reaction score
I rooted for a Cowboy's loss AND wins by the rest of the NFCE just to aggravate Ranching and Rocky's delicate feelings.

(Not really. I mean, how insecure and simple minded does one need to be to care about how another feels about a game they have NO impact on much less come on a forum and flex their fanhood...)
Isn’t what this entire site is about? Literally almost every thread is someones opinion of someone elses opinion that they have on control over.

egn22

Reaction score
some people like planning for the future, some people prefer to disregard the future and focus on the present. you can make a case for either perspective, I don't know why this is always an issue between fans.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
when you punish your kid, its not because you don't like them. you are wanting them to get better....a higher draft pick, means a brighter future.

That's the theory. Too bad it didn't work out for the Chargers, Titans, Bears, Buccaneers, Raiders, Rams and Bengals.

LOTS of risk. Not saying don't take risks, just that the history of the NFL, just in the last 20 drafts, is chock a block full of failure...

conner01

Reaction score
A loss is much closer to being a guarantee than this win meaning anything

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
some people like planning for the future, some people prefer to disregard the future and focus on the present. you can make a case for either perspective, I don't know why this is always an issue between fans.

Because most people want to be right...