Dislocated Toe

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
First, I apologize if the board has already gone over this.

When you have a dislocated toe, is it as simple as putting it in the correct location or is it something that has to gradually heal and the body will correct itself over time?

Also, how long does it take to heal from an injury like this or can you play if you get pain medication?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Good question because I honestly have never heard of it. It makes sense since the finger can be dislocated and they are similar.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
I would think you can tape to the next toe and he'll be ready to go wee, wee, wee all the way to the endzone.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Once popped back in it will take a couple days to heal.. Its really not that bad of an injury. It really depends on what toe it is though. Marion is lucky it happened to his pinky toe instead of his big.

The Panch

Reaction score
It depends which toe. Antonio Gates' dislocated toe might've cost the Chargers a game against the Patsies(it definately cost them a touchdown) and was contemplating surgery, but Barber dislocated his pinkie toe and is figured to be back next week, so...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Real1st;2456256 said:
Once popped back in it will take a couple days to heal.. Its really not that bad of an injury. It really depends on what toe it is though. Marion is lucky it happened to his pinky toe instead of his big.
I would think that is the worst toe for it to happen to because your pinky toe is the key to your lateral balance.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It affects people differently. He may or may not be able to play 100% on it even with a pain shot.

And yes stuff needs to heal. Depends on if the volar plate and/or the MCL are torn. There is other ligamentous tissue around the joint.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Hostile;2456264 said:
I would think that is the worst toe for it to happen to because your pinky toe is the key to your lateral balance.

True but you don't put alot of pressure on your pinky toe when you run or walk. Thats why a dislocated pinky toe isn't a big deal. If he had broke it, now that would be a different story.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
jobberone;2456273 said:
It affects people differently. He may or may not be able to play 100% on it even with a pain shot.

And yes stuff needs to heal. Depends on if the volar plate and/or the MCL are torn. There is other ligamentous tissue around the joint.

Jobberone, are you a doctor?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Real1st;2456274 said:
True but you don't put alot of pressure on your pinky toe when you run or walk. Thats why a dislocated pinky toe isn't a big deal. If he had broke it, now that would be a different story.
I think you put a lot more pressure on it than you think. I've heard for years that if you lose your pinky toe you will have trouble.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Hostile;2456284 said:

Wow, been posting with the guy on these boys for a while and I didn't even know that.

So do we all have to pay a collective fee for his professional advice :laugh2: .

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Hostile;2456292 said:
I think you put a lot more pressure on it than you think. I've heard for years that if you lose your pinky toe you will have trouble.

My pinkie toe is barely a half inch long, I wouldn't think I would miss it much.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Maxmadden;2456313 said:
My pinkie toe is barely a half inch long, I wouldn't think I would miss it much.

You know Pinkie toe length indicates for a man..... Oh never mind....:p:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2456264 said:

Great toe by huge margin.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RCowboyFan;2456323 said:
You know Pinkie toe length indicates for a man..... Oh never mind....:p:

What does it mean that I have a pinkie toe the size of a baby's forearm?

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Idgit;2456352 said:
What does it mean that I have a pinkie toe the size of a baby's forearm?

Custom made shoes I guess. You must stub your toe all the time. :p: