Dislocated Toe

Big Dakota

Reaction score
jobberone;2456273 said:
It affects people differently. He may or may not be able to play 100% on it even with a pain shot.

And yes stuff needs to heal. Depends on if the volar plate and/or the MCL are torn. There is other ligamentous tissue around the joint.

Thank God the MRI showed nothing damaged for MBIII.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
If you had to injure a toe, the pinkie toe would be the one to injure. It least affects gait, although it can. The big toe is the most important, as most people know.

I actually have an older friend who lost his right pinkie toe. You would never know by watching him walk.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2456481 said:
Thank God the MRI showed nothing damaged for MBIII.

That doesn't mean there was no damage. MRs and CTs are not anywhere near 100%. You can dislocate your pinkie without tearing anything but generally there's some damage to the joint capsule. If he had a lot of swelling then there was probably capsule damage and maybe more. Not as much then maybe he dodged a bullet.

I still think he'll play ok.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2456504 said:
That doesn't mean there was no damage. MRs and CTs are not anywhere near 100%. You can dislocate your pinkie without tearing anything but generally there's some damage to the joint capsule. If he had a lot of swelling then there was probably capsule damage and maybe more. Not as much then maybe he dodged a bullet.

I still think he'll play ok.

OK ...I have Barber but can pick up Hillis for 15 bucks and play him instead. Your opinion and should I seek a second?

RoadRunner

Reaction score
They will pop the toe back into proper place, and his foot will be sore for a few days. he should be fine by game day though.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
5Countem5;2456521 said:
OK ...I have Barber but can pick up Hillis for 15 bucks and play him instead. Your opinion and should I seek a second?

I don't know anything about fantasy football if that's what you're talking about.

I'll tell you this. Irregardless of whether MB can play well he's probably not going to run a lot on that team.

Second opinions are always welcome. It's in your best interest.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
I think it might depend on the toe, but I'm not sure. 10 years ago, I dislocated my big toe, and they just pushed and splinted it for a few weeks and gave me painkillers and anti-inflammatories and I was good after about a month. Hurts worse than you could imagine to walk on while it's healing, and it is very crippling.

Since the healing of it, I have severe gout attacks that are completely crippling a few times a year in the same toe. I never had gout before, and match absolutely zero risk factors for it, and the podiatrist I went to said it was common in big toe dislocations, so it really might depend on the toe.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
5Countem5;2456248 said:
I would think you can tape to the next toe and he'll be ready to go wee, wee, wee all the way to the endzone.

HAHAHA !!! :lmao2:

Oh that was some funny.

munkee

Reaction score
I have a bad habit of breaking and dislocating my pinkie toes. It hurts and is amazingly hard to walk on. It usually takes me a good couple of weeks to walk properly. Hopefully it will be shorter for a train athlete with the best medical care.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
U hurting a pinkie toe is like when u get a paper cut on ur finger, u never knew how much u used it till that day.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
munkee;2456831 said:
I have a bad habit of breaking and dislocating my pinkie toes. It hurts and is amazingly hard to walk on. It usually takes me a good couple of weeks to walk properly. Hopefully it will be shorter for a train athlete with the best medical care.

So you know it can be a problem. Not always that bad but your recoup is normal. But why do you keep doing that???

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Hostile;2456292 said:
I think you put a lot more pressure on it than you think. I've heard for years that if you lose your pinky toe you will have trouble.

i kid you not (no pun intended) i've read reports of with in the next 100-150 years we wont have the pinky toe any more. sort of an evolution type deal.

edit: which was debunked apparently cuz i can't find anything on it anymore.

JFlgn

Reaction score
Just FYI for what it's worth, I've dislocated my pinkie finger before. I understand that I didn't have to run and cut on it since it was my finger, but I did it in the middle of a game of basketball.

A doctor was also playing. He just put my finger in place, and it was good. I continued playing two more pickup games. In the middle of the third game my finger began to swell up a bit. It became so swollen that I couldn't really move the finger anymore and it turned black and blue. Three days later it was good, and has been ever since.

In hindsight, I probably should have stopped playing and iced it. The doctor said I was good, but I'm pretty sure it was just because it would have made teams uneven.

I would think it all depends on the degree of the dislocation, the swelling it caused (basically how much shock the joint was in) and whether MBIII's mind will be convinced that he's healed enough to cut on it with full confidence by Sunday.

zeromaster

Reaction score
Idgit;2456352 said:
What does it mean that I have a pinkie toe the size of a baby's forearm?
Clearly you shouldn't have taken that camping trip to Roswell, NM. :eek:

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
The barbarian will show up and give it his best. When it comes to effort I never question Witten, Romo, Barber, and Ware. The rest of the team...well...anyway, Barber will do everything possible.

But I don't want him doing anything that will make the injury worse and possibly keep him out any length of time. Choice is a capable back and I bet the game plan going into Pittsburgh is to spread the defense and attack with our passing game.

Wood

Reaction score
whats with the pinkie finger and toe on this team :blind: