Dissing DWare

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2324513 said:
every opposing offensive staff in the league that has to play us has one goal and one goal alone, and thats to take Ware out of the equation on as many plays as possible...the guys been double and triple teamed a ton this yr

the problems are nobody else is stepping up, the coaching staff has had lame game plans and play calls and the secondary plays too soft.

:bow:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2324513 said:
every opposing offensive staff in the league that has to play us has one goal and one goal alone, and thats to take Ware out of the equation on as many plays as possible...the guys been double and triple teamed a ton this yr

the problems are nobody else is stepping up, the coaching staff has had lame game plans and play calls and the secondary plays too soft.
That is so close to the truth it's irratating.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
dbair1967;2324513 said:

Still not going to get to the QB when they're letting it go so quickly. It's one reason why Ware and Ellis have been in coverage so much. Why send a resource with little chance to get there when you may get a TO or stop with them in coverage. And in fact Ellis did get one first play of game doing exactly that.

I do agree they should at times send enough to get there and they do. Just not enough for many of you and to be honest I think they could be more aggressive blitzing more often and with more men.

It's very frustrating to have a fast car and have to drive it slowly due to traffic or use it to take your Grandma to the doctor. I don't think you guys are going to see what you want until an offense decides to play us differently though.

That only explains a part of it though. Wade is just not being very aggressive and I can only think it is the lack of health, level of talent and experience with the CBs and safeties that's holding Wade back as well as how their offense is playing.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2324223 said:
I honestly remember thinking that Carl Banks was the better all-around LB, and especially when it came to playing the run. I remember thinking that LT was a glory hound, and never particularly worried about stopping the run to his side. He was all about running down quarterbacks and RBs that were running to the opposite side.

Carl Banks was fierce against the run.

right on the money..

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2324254 said:
This season, or in his career?

I'd have to check again on this season's five sacks, but sometime last year I went back and watched every sack Ware has had in his career, and he almost always was the ONLY player anywhere near the quarterback.

I was referring to this season. I can think of two right off the top of my head (can't really remember the others) that were either cuz of coverage or someone else forcing the QB to him.

Last week's was a coverage sack (good hustle by Ware on the play though) and I believe the one the week before the Skins game was cuz someone forced Rogers to him (I think it was that game).

Agreed though that throughout his career (not this year) he's created his own sacks most of the time.

He's just not having as good a year as he can be. He's gotten sacks, but he hasn't been consistent. He's said so himself.

Not saying I'm not happy with him, but I know he can do better. Hell, that goes for everyone on the defense.

dbair1967;2324513 said:

I know that, but elite pass rushers find a way to get there, and I don't just mean sacks, I"m talking pressure. Consistent pressure.

Ware himself isn't satisfied with his play (that's a good thing) so I don't see why the fans should be either. I know darn well he's capable of more. If it were Ekuban or Ellis playing like Ware is now I'd be estatic (sp?) cuz I'd know they'd be reaching their potential. Ware's potential is higher though.