Disturbing bar lowering trend

Big_D

Reaction score
There’s no bar here at all when the team simply doesn’t care about the playoffs. Everyone is getting paid handsomely and strives for a nice relevant regular season. That’s pretty much it. No expectations beyond that.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
They had vacations planned, they can try again next year. "Well, I got paid, I won't start worrying until the checks stop"

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Less than ten (10) years ago it was talk of when we would ever win another Super Bowl...not get to another Super Bowl....now, I hear nothing other than when we'll ever reach another NFCCG....no mention of even winning the game itself. Notice a disturbing trend here involving confidence levels, and lack of any real expectations with this sorry organization? For the first time ever, I don't give two (2) S's about the upcoming draft...very sad that I'm feeling this way, but I've had enough. Anyone else having similar feelings?
Gadzooks! Tha is very negative, though the frustrations are understandable.
A walk back on mammary line 1998.
I was feelin super sullen with the Cowboys. So miffed at the elderly coach striving to keep up with football.
Ah, I can just see it now. Diva Landry blew town, kinda.
Then Jimmy, Jerald --- even Tex Schramm! --- pitched and cleaned up the stink Landry left behind for a decade.
Then our dynasty of the 90s!
We can do it again!

Blimey!
The loyal fan base knows deep down Jerald is the infection. Nothing we can do to fire him, chap.

What might change --- and I can spare another 5 years --- is seeing Dakchoka go elsewhere. Lawrence, Tyron and the faceless JAGs exited.

And,with Head Coach Tomlin and Zimm and McClay finally making it work in 2025!

So do not depart just now. Give it time.

I shall strive to pull you back in time for the NFL (The forbidden word/event in this fan zone) place where college kids become professional players.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
They had vacations planned, they can try again next year. "Well, I got paid, I won't start worrying until the checks stop"
And parties to attend!
I was miffed and peeved tha I was not invited or made aware of the Victory Party the night before 48-32.
Now I am glad to have avoided that ebarrassment.i

Mannix

Reaction score
Gadzooks! Tha is very negative, though the frustrations are understandable.
A walk back on mammary line 1998.
I was feelin super sullen with the Cowboys. So miffed at the elderly coach striving to keep up with football.
Ah, I can just see it now. Diva Landry blew town, kinda.
Then Jimmy, Jerald --- even Tex Schramm! --- pitched and cleaned up the stink Landry left behind for a decade.
Then our dynasty of the 90s!
We can do it again!

Blimey!
The loyal fan base knows deep down Jerald is the infection. Nothing we can do to fire him, chap.

What might change --- and I can spare another 5 years --- is seeing Dakchoka go elsewhere. Lawrence, Tyron and the faceless JAGs exited.

And,with Head Coach Tomlin and Zimm and McClay finally making it work in 2025!

So do not depart just now. Give it time.

I shall strive to pull you back in time for the NFL (The forbidden word/event in this fan zone) place where college kids become professional players.
You are ALWAYS must read for me, as I always entertain myself imagining Alfred the Butler proof reading it aloud to himself. FREE Trivia....Alan Napier was the Step Grandfather of Brian Forster (2nd Chris on the Partridge Family). You are now dumber for knowing this! ;)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You are ALWAYS must read for me, as I always entertain myself imagining Alfred the Butler proof reading it aloud to himself. FREE Trivia....Alan Napier was the Step Grandfather of Brian Forster (2nd Chris on the Partridge Family). You are now dumber for knowing this! ;)
I just want too know, lad, how Mannix can always get a parking place in front of any building he enters.

Mannix

Reaction score
I just want too know, lad, how Mannix can always get a parking place in front of any building he enters.
Because Mannix drives the best muscle cars, and wears the grooviest tweed sport jackets made....not to mention, having great hair.