Disturbing bar lowering trend

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I guess you missed the Jerry Jones goal..."stay relevant". The goal of Jerry Jones has never been winning on the field but in the bank. He is the best at achieving his goals.
Jethro is all about being a celebrity football guy. The record revenue simply enables him to continue his egoistical ways without more success on the field.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Less than ten (10) years ago it was talk of when we would ever win another Super Bowl...not get to another Super Bowl....now, I hear nothing other than when we'll ever reach another NFCCG....no mention of even winning the game itself. Notice a disturbing trend here involving confidence levels, and lack of any real expectations with this sorry organization? For the first time ever, I don't give two (2) S's about the upcoming draft...very sad that I'm feeling this way, but I've had enough. Anyone else having similar feelings?
Just leave and spare us your misery, my God what’s wrong with you people.

Mannix

Reaction score
Just leave and spare us your misery, my God what’s wrong with you people.
6+ hours of this thread....no issues whatsoever....then you show up. Why don't you explain to everyone just how great everything is going, and how "on top of things" Booger and Chuckles both appear to be right now.

ICP

Reaction score
Too many people are satisfied with an occasional NFCE title and nothing more. That is ridiculous to me...
Too many have become complacent with regular season records, apparently 3 consecutive 12-5 seasons are quite an accomplishment

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Too many have become complacent with regular season records, apparently 3 consecutive 12-5 seasons are quite an accomplishment
No one but our ownership is complacent with our lack of more success this era.

As fans there’s really not much we can do about it at this point.

Rooting on a poor organization simply isn’t as much fun for fans . It’s all part of supporting a less successful or disappointing team.

Reactions: ICP

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
People have full embraced crybabyism.
I'll never get that reply to "we want SB" threads/posts.

Calling a Superbowl win craving fan a crybaby is like telling a thirsty person asking for a drop of water after walking 3 days through the desert a sissy.

Oh, and getting 12 wins and then crapping your pants in the play offs is like seeing that fountain in the distance only to find out it was all just a mirage after getting closer.

Sjoseph316

Reaction score
It’s the loser mentality, you see it everywhere at all levels, starting with everyone getting a trophy in youth sports.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
In fairness, I've never seen us get to the NFCC since becoming a fan. I obviously want to see us win the SB, but we have to get to the NFCC first

btgboys41

Reaction score
Less than ten (10) years ago it was talk of when we would ever win another Super Bowl...not get to another Super Bowl....now, I hear nothing other than when we'll ever reach another NFCCG....no mention of even winning the game itself. Notice a disturbing trend here involving confidence levels, and lack of any real expectations with this sorry organization? For the first time ever, I don't give two (2) S's about the upcoming draft...very sad that I'm feeling this way, but I've had enough. Anyone else having similar feelings?
I hear you and I agree. I think it’s mostly the media responsible for it and then some fans grabbed onto it. The media are such idiots. They think they should drive the narrative instead of reporting on it. They no longer ask the athletes in question and instead have special guests on that are also media. They think they are the story. They’re clowns and this NFCCG is one of their concoctions.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I understand that the ultimate goal is the Super Bowl. But I think the talk about "just" getting to the NFCCG is more about actually showing progress. This team needs to show it can get past the divisional round. In the end, no, it won't mean anything unless they win it all.

But as a fan base we are running out of hope. A deeper playoff run might give us more of it instead of getting taken to the woodshed by a 9-8 team in the wild card round.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
6+ hours of this thread....no issues whatsoever....then you show up. Why don't you explain to everyone just how great everything is going, and how "on top of things" Booger and Chuckles both appear to be right now.
What is suppose to be happening right now? FA and the draft aren’t here yet. :lmao:

ICP

Reaction score
No one but our ownership is complacent with our lack of more success this era.

As fans there’s really not much we can do about it at this point.

Rooting on a poor organization simply isn’t as much fun for fans . It’s all part of supporting a less successful or disappointing team.
Hey, I totally agree with you, it just seems that many on this board think that regular season success is enough