Divorced hurts, being dumped by new girlfriend hurt worse

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
I am 49, separated with pending divorce in October but I began a Bumble relationship with a woman and it was great for 3 months and she dumped me all of a sudden, she caught on that I had the "don't want to be with/don't wanna be without you" mentality and she called it quits, fair enough but I have had miserable periods of grief twice now in about 9 months, I went 2 decades without this "heartache" and man, I wasn't missing anything because this sucks.....Advice?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am 49, separated with pending divorce in October but I began a Bumble relationship with a woman and it was great for 3 months and she dumped me all of a sudden, she caught on that I had the "don't want to be with/don't wanna be without you" mentality and she called it quits, fair enough but I have had miserable periods of grief twice now in about 9 months, I went 2 decades without this "heartache" and man, I wasn't missing anything because this sucks.....Advice?
Take a trip to Thailand. Seriously.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Move to the keys. Get you a boat. Go out fishing like Jimmy in your avatar. Live the life.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Move to the keys. Get you a boat. Go out fishing like Jimmy in your avatar. Live the life.
That’s not really good advice unless you’re young and well off. Salt water boats are expensive and hard to maintain. Not to mention fuel, bait costs. I had a boat in Rockport for years so have some history.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s not really good advice unless you’re young and well off. Salt water boats are expensive and hard to maintain. Not to mention fuel, bait costs. I had a boat in Rockport for years so have some history.
Way to try and smash someone's dreams. Why are you such a big bad meanie...

Something to get the good mood going...

Now cheer up, you are living the life. :cool:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Just trying to help out. Boats are very expensive. I didn’t even mention storage.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Yea, it sucks out here bro. Hopefully things get better for you

Creeper

Reaction score
Sorry for your circumstances. Relationships are hard. A lot of people suggest jumping into a new relationship right away, but sometimes that is the worst advice. I think people need time between relationships. Time for introspection. Time for healing. Time to decide what it is you want out of a relationship going forward. For some people being single sucks, but being in a bad relationship is torture.

At 49 it may be worth a warning to beware of women going into menopause. That can be a frightening experience for husbands and boyfriends!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Only 3 months long relationship? You'll be over that in no time. Don't let a speedbump in life get you down. There are a billion single women out there. Most of them are crazy, lol, but you'll sort it out. If she was that special to you, go win her back.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

Thread side note: I absolutely love that skit. My wife and I sometimes say "Space Pants" to each other as an inside joke. :laugh:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why are you such a big bad meanie...
This is my guess

Jerry refuses to prove all us "Haters" wrong.

We will not get off our high horses!

We refuse to watch a Kurt Warner video and get educated.

We wont admit that winning 12 games 3 years in a row is just as good as a Superbowl.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Try to remember how much it sucks having to listen to everything they say, visit their parents, share the TV, wait for the bathroom, give up the freedom to do what you want, when you want, pretend she's a good cook, etc, etc, etc. Living alone is much better. I always know where my stuff is, nobody wakes me up in the middle of the night over stupid crap, I play my music, watch my shows, eat my food, etc.

Maybe you're someone who needs to be with someone, but if you think about the pros and cons, maybe it'll ease your loneliness, at least.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Try to remember how much it sucks having to listen to everything they say, visit their parents, share the TV, wait for the bathroom, give up the freedom to do what you want, when you want, pretend she's a good cook, etc, etc, etc. Living alone is much better. I always know where my stuff is, nobody wakes me up in the middle of the night over stupid crap, I play my music, watch my shows, eat my food, etc.

Maybe you're someone who needs to be with someone, but if you think about the pros and cons, maybe it'll ease your loneliness, at least.
It’s so weird because she absolutely adored me in the beginning, she looked at me with puppy dog eyes constantly but i wasn’t ready for a long term commitment but she was absolutely falling in love with me, then all of a sudden dumps me and already has another boyfriend, im way too old for this crap lol