Divorced hurts, being dumped by new girlfriend hurt worse

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s so weird because she absolutely adored me in the beginning, she looked at me with puppy dog eyes constantly but i wasn’t ready for a long term commitment but she was absolutely falling in love with me, then all of a sudden dumps me and already has another boyfriend, im way too old for this crap lol
She may have been seeing both of you. When I was online dating, I found that the women there say they want a relationship, but in reality, they wanted attention, sex, and free meals.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
She may have been seeing both of you. When I was online dating, I found that the women there say they want a relationship, but in reality, they wanted attention, sex, and free meals.
She would have had literally ZERO time to spend with him as she was always at my place lol, but I do think it only took her a couple of weeks afterwards to start dating him

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It’s so weird because she absolutely adored me in the beginning, she looked at me with puppy dog eyes constantly but i wasn’t ready for a long term commitment but she was absolutely falling in love with me, then all of a sudden dumps me and already has another boyfriend, im way too old for this crap lol
That behavior is a major red flag. I would consider myself lucky to have dodged that bullet.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Lol damn that sucks. But she definitely had that dude as around as a backup

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Lol damn that sucks. But she definitely had that dude as around as a backup
Yea, I KNOW for a fact she preferred me over all of them, but no doubt when she figured out I was not going to be husband #3 she moved on and probably hit one of them back up.

FUN FACT: she was in a NIKE commercial with Kevin Garnett, she was the only girl in the commercial and she got $6500 from Nike and was shown for only a split second but a full face shot

RS12

Reaction score
If you had all the kids you want at your age why are worried about being single? Here is the thing, you sound kind of needy, women don't generally like that. My advice is don't worry about it, focus on yourself and your happiness, you are more than half way through your life, don't you deserve to be happy? You need to find that in yourself not others. As far as women, your age group has lots of single women, just take things as they come and hopefully somebody good comes along. Good luck.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not so sound glib, but I loved my divorce. Other than the money it cost me, half, I was sorry I didn't do it years before.
I was lucky. No alimony, and we split everything ourselves, including the money from selling our house. The only lawyer we used was just to do the paperwork.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Easy...if you're not in a spot in your life where you're ready and willing to make a long term commitment to someone (should things progress accordingly), then don't date.

Focus on yourself, and your family...and I would also suggest God.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
If you had all the kids you want at your age why are worried about being single? Here is the thing, you sound kind of needy, women don't generally like that. My advice is don't worry about it, focus on yourself and your happiness, you are more than half way through your life, don't you deserve to be happy? You need to find that in yourself not others. As far as women, your age group has lots of single women, just take things as they come and hopefully somebody good comes along. Good luck.
I just re-read through some of my posts and wow, I was still under that witch's spell :laugh:-I am definitely not needy (quite the opposite) but I admit it did come off like that lol

Creeper

Reaction score
I was lucky. No alimony, and we split everything ourselves, including the money from selling our house. The only lawyer we used was just to do the paperwork.
You were lucky. My ex didn't work after we had our first child. That cost be big, but I am still okay with it. I am a much happier and more relaxed man now. I am pretty sure I will live longer too.

nobody

Reaction score
This is just a guess, but I would assume that the nastier divorces are when one feels betrayed or blindsided by the other. If it's a mutual parting of ways, it's usually more amicable?

rags747

Reaction score
Maybe the OP needs or wants to spread out his likes and desires beyond the Female persuasion?! Many many choices out there these days! Ty…