DJ Fluker anyone?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The former 1st round pick is attempting a comeback and working out at Alabama’s pro day. It’s reported that Cowboys coaches are there anyway.

He also has history with O-line coach Mike Solari as well.

I’d give him a shot at our left guard position.

“He’s a physical football player and he brings passion and he brings an energy and a physicality that you want on your offensive line,” Solari said. “You want that physical-ness, you want that toughness on your offensive line, and he brings it.”

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/7687169/dj-fluker-body-transformation-nfl-comeback/amp/

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/31/mike-solari-on-d-j-fluker-pure-***-attitude/

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Very little downside

He wouldn't count against comp picks and would likely be the veteran minimum not even counting against our top 51 CAP space. If he makes the team it's a success! If he gets cut then the only downside was another player who likely would have been cut didn't get to go through camp.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very little downside

He wouldn't count against comp picks and would likely be the veteran minimum not even counting against our top 51 CAP space. If he makes the team it's a success! If he gets cut then the only downside was another player who likely would have been cut didn't get to go through camp.
:hammer:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dj-flukers-insane-body-transformation-804699031.jpg

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Can't say I feel very strongly about this either way. On one hand he has played G and T, played both the left and the right side. On the other he hasn't been able to play 1000 snaps since 2014. Maybe some time off has helped him get his body right, but the history of guys making comebacks in their 30s after struggling to stay on the field isn't very good.

I will say though that if a team were to take a chance on Fluker the Cowboys make sense. The Cowboys are not a team with a specific need on the starting Oline, but you also have opportunity for Fluker to step in and play as they have a RT that seems to be questionable if he will be ready week 1, a LT that I think we would all agree it would be against all odds to see him play a full 17 game schedule, and hes that super sub type who can play nearly any position on the oline. Also it'll be interesting to see if the heavy sets and hulk packages stick around or if that was a Kellen Moore only thing.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Just an oddball note about Fluker. I had a business associate who was a large man (former college player) whose son was in HS and they were at Bama for a camp or something. He met Fluker and was talking about how his listed height & weight were well off. Said he was one of the largest people he had ever met. I have always kept an eye on Fluker if for no other reason than it always reminds me of that story.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't say I feel very strongly about this either way. On one hand he has played G and T, played both the left and the right side. On the other he hasn't been able to play 1000 snaps since 2014. Maybe some time off has helped him get his body right, but the history of guys making comebacks in their 30s after struggling to stay on the field isn't very good.

I will say though that if a team were to take a chance on Fluker the Cowboys make sense. The Cowboys are not a team with a specific need on the starting Oline, but you also have opportunity for Fluker to step in and play as they have a RT that seems to be questionable if he will be ready week 1, a LT that I think we would all agree it would be against all odds to see him play a full 17 game schedule, and hes that super sub type who can play nearly any position on the oline. Also it'll be interesting to see if the heavy sets and hulk packages stick around or if that was a Kellen Moore only thing.
I can picture Fluker and Tyler Smith making for a dominant pair in the running game on the left side.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saw that picture on an article for the US Sun and the caption said he is 330LBS in that picture. If true that is an insane way to carry 330 pounds around. I would have guessed thats around 280ish and thought no way is he big enough to play inside at this point.
He’s just a naturally huge human being.
:omg:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Saw that picture on an article for the US Sun and the caption said he is 330LBS in that picture. If true that is an insane way to carry 330 pounds around. I would have guessed thats around 280ish and thought no way is he big enough to play inside at this point.
See my post #13 @thunderpimp91