DLaw: Bet on myself

jnday

Reaction score
Exactly.
He had a great year going into a contract season. They told him we give one more year to prove you can do it again.
He did.
He won.

And now he's paid. No "I, I, I, Me, Me, Me..."
He was told to prove himself and he did.
Done deal now, I'd say.
Now be prepared for him to go back to playing at the level he did before he was playing for a contract. He will stay injured.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Do you understand that he doesnt care what you want to hear? He doesn't care what I want to hear? If you are not a franchise qb teams will play hard ball with you. Player and agents know this fans take it personal.
Im not taking anything personal. Im saying the deal is done so i don't want to hear about this again for another 4 years. If were having this same conversation 2 years from now we have a problem. In other words you signed the contract so play it out. It's time to walk the walk. Your right he doesn't care what i have to say and i don't care what he has to say so don't come back in 2 years *****ing cause i won't be listening.

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Im not taking anything personal. Im saying the deal is done so i don't want to hear about this again for another 4 years. If were having this same conversation 2 years from now we have a problem. That shouldn't be to hard to understand.
You mean if he and his agent are having this conversation.
You said you don't want to hear from them.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
You mean if he and his agent are having this conversation.
You said you don't want to hear from them.
Im saying if his agent and Jerry are having this conversation then what was the point of all this. I don't mind players getting big contracts. But PLAY IT OUT. That's all.

Corso

Reaction score
Im saying if his agent and Jerry are having this conversation then what was the point of all this. I don't mind players getting big contracts. But PLAY IT OUT. That's all.
I can dig that. I doubt that happens, but I can see the annoyance of such a conflagration.
Honestly, if he and his are arguing over money in, say, 2 years... that means he's somehow outperforming his already Big contract by a margin.

I mean, if he's under-performing, I'm certain he and his guy won't be squawking for more money.

Edit: Then we can have some serious conversations upon that subject.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
I can dig that. I doubt that happens, but I can see the annoyance of such a conflagration.
Honestly, if he and his are arguing over money in, say, 2 years... that means he's somehow outperforming his already Big contract by a margin.

I mean, if he's under-performing, I'm certain he and his guy won't be squawking for more money.

Edit: Then we can have some serious conversations upon that subject.
He'd need 20 sacks a year to out perform that contract.

cern

Reaction score
Now be prepared for him to go back to playing at the level he did before he was playing for a contract. He will stay injured.
I see no reason to think this way.

HungryLion

Reaction score
A job is a job my friend. Some are dangerous and some don't make a "hill of beans" in life. The point is valid...you just don't like it...so what?

It’s not a valid point. It’s just throwing out that you think the military should be paid more, and using that as an absolutely piss poor justification for why you are whining about what NFL players make.

All the while insinuating that because they get paid a lot, they care less about winning than players did in earlier decades, without really having any facts to back it up.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If the money stream was infinite we wouldn't have the greatest deficit in history. I was graduated from the naval academy. Served in the submarine service in the 60's and 70's. Was an operator for task force 157. Worked for darpa. There are huge wastes of money on military equipment spending by those who control the budget but lack knowledge of weapons systems. We have turned our military into a police force. That is beyond its purview. I'm as jingoistic as anyone. I abhor wasteful spending. If it was up to me, I'd bring our troops home and spend far more money rehabbing our wounded warriors.

This is the biggest rub. It’s hard to get your moneys worth period when you’re fighting decades long wars in Middle East countries to fight terrorism, all the while the next generation of terrorists are being bred In the wake of destruction levied during those wars.

cern

Reaction score
It’s not a valid point. It’s just throwing out that you think the military should be paid more, and using that as an absolutely piss poor justification for why you are whining about what NFL players make.

All the while insinuating that because they get paid a lot, they care less about winning than players did in earlier decades, without really having any facts to back it up.
Hollywood types are paid big bucks and often times do so solely based on their looks. Pro athletes have to possess talent. Looks don't matter.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Paid yes...pampered NO! Personally, I would rather pay our military men and especially special forces much more money than NFL players. They sacrifice everything for our freedom and welfare...not just
playing a game on Sunday.
That's where you going with this? Do you understand economics?

cern

Reaction score
T
This is the biggest rub. It’s hard to get your moneys worth period when you’re fighting decades long wars in Middle East countries to fight terrorism, all the while the next generation of terrorists are being bred In the wake of destruction levied during those wars.
This is a most astute observation. Never heard it said better.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Well... this thread took a turn.

Was just thinking these fools are going to get this thread shut down standing on their collective soap boxes talking about military pay, budgets and congress. Great job

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Yup. So what are you worried about?
I'd be more worried about him severely under-performing than he and his agent squawking about money again.
It's not about performance it's about "next in line" if the next guy gets a bigger contract next month well probably be back here again.

Corso

Reaction score
Hollywood types are paid big bucks and often times do so solely based on their looks. Pro athletes have to possess talent. Looks don't matter.
Some do, but it's not all looks.
Charisma also.
Many people can look at a good-looking person and instantly dislike.
And acting is flipping hard. And they have the potential to make billions for individuals.

And Hollywood types include producers, directors, maintenance, secretarial, accounting, writers, catering, transportation... the list goes on.
All of it requires superior talent in some way. And yes, there are a few peeps that get by on looks, but it;s never that simple.
You can see a buff "Tom Cruise" every damn day waiting a Los Angeles table.

Also they supply jobs for many thousands of people- including myself. That means something. I mean, the industry itself makes more than several countries put together. And that's only talking about American.

Edit: Shoot, what I do is flipping hard. There are over 500,000 screenplays floating around in Hollywood alone, right this second, looking for the right pair of eyes and soul enough to write large checks.

Last edited:

Corso

Reaction score
It's not about performance it's about "next in line" if the next guy gets a bigger contract next month well probably be back here again.
Then he should certainly be performing, at the very least, what his contract demands.
That would be a good thing.