DLaw laying down DLaw

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Looks like D-Law regrets how he handled the situation and wishes he had handled it much differently. He was still in his football mode. Understandable. He did apologize to the kid. Good job, D-Law.

"It hurt. That ain't me. If I need to be me 24/7 to have my persona on the field and off the field, trust me, I would love to take it all back," he said, per NJ.com. "I can't have my persona on the field and off the field ... Sometimes, I can't click it off fast enough. I ain't even get one hit on Saquon Barkley in the game, so seeing that jersey, I kinda wanted to give him a little tackle."

He went on to say not everyone understands his sense of humor and that he wish he handled it differently.

"How the fans are attacking me, their situation, I mean, I could have worded it differently," he said, per NJ.com. "I really didn't see the kid to be honest with you, but once I did, I'm like, 'Oh man, yeah, you've got to get yourself a new jersey.' Not everybody understands my sense of humor or who I am as a man. It will be all right."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...emarcus-lawrence-for-wearing-a-giants-jersey/

Of course, Saquon Barkley took full advantage and is flying the kid and his parents over to a November game between the Giants and Jets... with the full VIP treatment. Ugh. Maybe D-Law can still send the kid a signed jersey or something? Oh well.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Looks like D-Law regrets how he handled the situation and wishes he had handled it much differently. He was still in his football mode. Understandable. He did apologize to the kid. Good job, D-Law.

"It hurt. That ain't me. If I need to be me 24/7 to have my persona on the field and off the field, trust me, I would love to take it all back," he said, per NJ.com. "I can't have my persona on the field and off the field ... Sometimes, I can't click it off fast enough. I ain't even get one hit on Saquon Barkley in the game, so seeing that jersey, I kinda wanted to give him a little tackle."

He went on to say not everyone understands his sense of humor and that he wish he handled it differently.

"How the fans are attacking me, their situation, I mean, I could have worded it differently," he said, per NJ.com. "I really didn't see the kid to be honest with you, but once I did, I'm like, 'Oh man, yeah, you've got to get yourself a new jersey.' Not everybody understands my sense of humor or who I am as a man. It will be all right."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...emarcus-lawrence-for-wearing-a-giants-jersey/

Of course, Saquon Barkley took full advantage and is flying the kid and his parents over to a November game between the Giants and Jets... with the full VIP treatment. Ugh. Maybe D-Law can still send the kid a signed jersey or something? Oh well.
Looks like I'm officially asleep. Thanks man.