Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Tweet in question..

tenor.gif

Building character is good for a kid.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
First Lawrence signs this kids towel and then the next time when there be a bunch of kids lined up before or after a game wanting an autograph and DLAW has to sign them all or other not look like he is brushing off kids.

But, since some people are making such a big deal out of it, then I'm wondering whether or not the front office will reprimand D-Law and make him apologize or send something autographed to the kid.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
His parents should know better, this is child abuse.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Cowboys front office should take this opportunity to correct this mistake right away. Jerry and Charlotte Jones need to talk to DeMarcus Lawrence, locate the kid and his family, then make a 1 day trip to his house and personally send him and his family a Cowboys care package. Maybe even contact and include the Giants front office and include Eli Manning, etc with the trip? It would be good for the NFL, Giants and Cowboys all around.
Lol tf? You can't be serious. :lmao2:

The Natural

Reaction score
D-Law should have signed it. "Perception" means everything. He could have turned the giants-jersey-wearing kid into a Cowboys fan for life. Plus, this doesn't look good for The Star. Oh, well. I'm sure D-Law will privately hear from the Cowboys front office. Maybe they can locate the kid and send him a care package?

Like Troy Aikman reminded Romo back in 2007, "Perception means everything."
Let the Giants find him and send a care package, soft mfs want a reward for every damn thing

shabazz

Reaction score
Let the Giants find him and send a care package, soft mfs want a reward for every damn thing

....or they can send him those Portable Safe Spaces their using in some of the progressive schools. The Boys model has an Easy Bake Oven in them to bake delicious, warm muffins

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tweet in question..

I do not blame Lawrence at all but the whole thing is a reflection of current sports society and even the interactive behavior of the players themselves. Players are seen swapping jerseys, etc., all the time. Some people emulate the behavior of 'role models' in similar ways.

I am an old fart. Grew up when players did not hug and kiss after games or fans of other teams would boo or spit at someone else not wearing the same colors as them. Again, I do not blame Lawrence but it is what it is.

aria

Reaction score
What would have made the story more funny and interesting is if he spit in Dlaws face after he didn’t sign the jersey. Bet a Philthy kid would have.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Fans have unrealistic expectations for professional athletes. They are not and will never be role models. DL isn’t paid to sign autographs.

Fans are as disposable as players.

I would like to remind you all of this:

D-Law just signed a $90+ million contract extension. He wears The Star on his helmet & uniform, thus he represents the Cowboys organization. This does not look good nor do the franchise any favors.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was at a tailgate party a few years ago near the Stadium. Bill Bates was there signing autographs. A guy came up to him, and asked him to sign his Commanders cap!!! Everybody in the line was telling Bates not to do it, and booing this guy!! Bates was so nice, he signed it anyways. :p