DLaw looking for 6 years, $140 mil with $85 garuanteed

Sandyf

Reaction score
We may not like the numbers but the reality is that if Dallas is going to sign him, they will be close to that number. Still believe it is going to be around $21.5 million avg and $70 mil in guarantees. And just wait until the numbers for Dak comes out, geez.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
so where are all these offers he should be getting from different teams??????
He isn't as popular as he thinks.....especially with a torn Labrum and the going rate of at least a 1st round pick in the trade and the 23m+ he wants

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If we rescind the tag, do we get the comp pick if he signs with someone else?

It is, however, important to note that the NFL awards comp picks and there is no base standard in place. Forgive me if I am giving info you already know here but, to my knowledge, the NFL has never awarded a comp pick higher then a third round pick and those picks come at the end of the rounds so it's likely that the best we are going to get would amount to a high 4th round pick in a normal draft. That's not a great return on investment if you are the Cowboys IMO.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It is, however, important to note that the NFL awards comp picks and there is no base standard in place. Forgive me if I am giving info you already know here but, to my knowledge, the NFL has never awarded a comp pick higher then a third round pick and those picks come at the end of the rounds so it's likely that the best we are going to get would amount to a high 4th round pick in a normal draft. That's not a great return on investment if you are the Cowboys IMO.

I agree that it's not a great return, and I want us to trade him for a 1-high 2 pick. However, at least it's better than cutting him and getting nothing I'm.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He isn't as popular as he thinks.....especially with a torn Labrum and the going rate of at least a 1st round pick in the trade and the 23m+ he wants

I'd settle for a high 2nd. If we can get the Raider's 2nd round pick, for example, then it shan't take much for us to move into the mid 20s.

ksg811

Reaction score
That may be the move. If he won't sign the new contract or tag by May 15, I'd rescind the tag then.

He'd have to sign with a new team by May 7th, that's the deadline for free agents to count against the comp formula. I had the date wrong, it's the 7th, not 15th. Second Tuesday after the draft.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He'd have to sign with a new team by May 7th, that's the deadline for free agents to count against the comp formula. I had the date wrong, it's the 7th, not 15th. Second Tuesday after the draft.

Oh, well, either way, him getting signed by a new team shouldn't be an issue. I'd probably rescind it just after the draft if we can't get a good trade for him or extend him. He's obviously got no interest in signing his tag anytime soon. Might as well get something out of it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Good find.......I knew it was somewhere around 2 weeks after the draft

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we rescind the tag and he signs with someone else, do we still get the comp pick?

I think so. But nobody is going to sign him for what he's asking...........not with a bum shoulder that hindered him the final 10 games of the season where he was mostly a non-factor. He and his agent are morons. He should have had the surgery in January.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think so. But nobody is going to sign him for what he's asking...........not with a bum shoulder that hindered him the final 10 games of the season where he was mostly a non-factor. He and his agent are morons. He should have had the surgery in January.

His agent are as bright as a small flashlight with a half-burned out bulb. Had he had the surgery in January, for one, he'd probably have gotten the extension he wants.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His agent are as bright as a small flashlight with a half-burned out bulb. Had he had the surgery in January, for one, he'd probably have gotten the extension he wants.

Absolutely he'd have a contract b/c there would be no uncertainty about his availability for TC or the start of the regular season. Frankly, I think his stupidity saved the cowboys from themselves. He's not worth 20+ million per.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Absolutely he'd have a contract b/c there would be no uncertainty about his availability for TC or the start of the regular season. Frankly, I think his stupidity saved the cowboys from themselves. He's not worth 20+ million per.

Agreed. And Jerry is loyal to the hilt for his players as long as they don't pull stunts like this. Now, he's put himself in a position where he's cost himself the money he seeks. I'd trade him just for that alone.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. And Jerry is loyal to the hilt for his players as long as they don't pull stunts like this. Now, he's put himself in a position where he's cost himself the money he seeks. I'd trade him just for that alone.

Given his current need for surgery and the 140 million dollar contract he's seeking, we wouldn't get anything better than a compensatory pick.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Imagine worrying about paying your in his prime star DE so you can save money to pay a below average qb and a running back. What year is it?

And then say you can't set the franchise back 5 years.
That post just gave me chills. Seriously.