Twitter: DLaw ranked 7 heading into 2021

Dre11

Reaction score
Theres always an effort to minimize their importance when they’re not there. The fact is that Mack, Donald, and Lawrence all got their big contracts because they were putting up big sack numbers.

the money is irrelevant, it's what you can negotiate by the market when it's your time to get paid. it's no different.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
With a full season of Randy on the other side and some juice in the middle of the line he should get a lot closer to double digit sacks in 2021. He’s relentless.

I'm cautious about relaxing with Gregory on the other end. With his start-stop career in the NFL I wonder if he'll struggle. That is the big question mark for me and I think could be the weak point along the line. We have a TON of guys inside. I have to think 1 or 2 of them will stick. But if I'm an offense, I'm running in Gregory's direction every freakin' down if I have to until he beats me.

plasticman

Reaction score
This is just as I explained in another D-law thread. Quite often i have seen him chase runners from the opposite side that are already past the LBer's and make the tackle. You have seen, I'm sure, some D-linemen that give up the chase at a certain point. D-Law never gives up the chase.

Last season, opponent offenses had little to worry about the rest of the Cowboy defense, they were able to focus their attention on Lawrence. With healthier and more capable teammates this season, hopefully, Lawrence will be just one of many defenders capable of pressuring the opponent QB's.

Sacks are cool, but I prefer the type of pressure that forces QB's to make mistakes and turn the ball over. I think we will see more of that in 2021.

Dre11

Reaction score
Theres always an effort to minimize their importance when they’re not there. The fact is that Mack, Donald, and Lawrence all got their big contracts because they were putting up big sack numbers.

Mack had all of 2.5 more sacks in 2020 and 3.5 more in 2019 and he's the 3rd highest paid edge rusher, Lawerence is 4th

Dre11

Reaction score
Yeah. No sugarcoating or minimizing that. Those numbers have to come up significantly. Otherwise, this team needs to look at getting out of that contract because they’re not getting adequate return on investment.

is Mack over paid, he's 3rd highest, with 2.5 more sacks in 2020, and 3.5 in 2019

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mack had all of 2.5 more sacks in 2020 and 3.5 more in 2019 and he's the 3rd highest paid edge rusher, Lawerence is 4th

And if I’m Chicago, I’m not happy with my return on investment either.

Dre11

Reaction score
Agreed. It may not be ALL about sacks, but 35 guys had more sacks than Lawrence in 2020. No matter what metric people want to use... for the money he’s making, that’s a disgusting stat.

Mack has 2.5 more in 2020 and 3.5 more in 2019, and I bet he doesn't do nearly the other stuff DLaw does.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The Cowboys have no choice. They not only gave Lawrence a significant signing bonus, but they restructured his contract, guaranteeing even more money.

Don’t think they restructured this year. He could be gone next year.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yet nobody talking about it, because they get it. there's more to it.
I don’t care what Bears fans feel about Mack’s production. I care about the Cowboys, and you’re in minority here when it comes to opinion of Lawrence’s return on investment. You can make any excuse you want to.. it’s not going to change the fact that he’s underperformed since cashing in.

John813

Reaction score
Don’t think they restructured this year. He could be gone next year.

Just some cap numbers. Nothing more nothing less

Cap hit of 27mil, but still has 19mil of prorated bonus. in 2022
So, if a June 1st cut they save 19mil in 22 with 11mil dead in 23(net savings of 18mil)
Or if pre June 1st 19mil dead with 8mil saved.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If DLaw gets an inkling of an inside push from the DT's he's automatic 10 sacks a year.

DLaw haters don't watch the tape.
A lot of people seem to have this view. I've heard numerous scouts say if you look at film Lawrence is one of the best defensive ends in the league his stats just don't represent it. IT would be nice to get those sack numbers up but he's the least of my concern.

Dre11

Reaction score
I don’t care what Bears fans feel about Mack’s production. I care about the Cowboys, and you’re in minority here when it comes to opinion of Lawrence’s return on investment. You can make any excuse you want to.. it’s not going to change the fact that he’s underperformed since cashing in.

and you can come up with every wrong opinion you want, the people that grade and the people that pay him , don't share your opinion, so really it don't matter. I just asked the question..lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Player | 2020 sacks | APY

Joey Bosa* | 7.5 | $27M
DeForest Buckner | 9.5 | $21M
Chris Jones | 7.5 | $20M
Tre Flowers* | 2 | $18m
Frank Clark | 5 | $18M
Cam Jordan | 7 | $17.5M
Fletcher Cox | 5 | $17M
Grady Jarrett | 4 | $17M
I'm glad you posted this....

And I notice this with this fanbase....a lot of them don't watch anything outside of Dallas or have any idea what's going on outside of the Cowboys.

So you rarely get a fair critique of our players. We are a far cry from the years where Demarcus Ware was getting 15 sacks a season........

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
With a full season of Randy on the other side and some juice in the middle of the line he should get a lot closer to double digit sacks in 2021. He’s relentless.
I think a healthy offense will make a big difference too. Lots of sacks to be had if you're playing with a lead more often.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I really hate when you guys do the "I don't care what this teams players do"...ok you may not but its important in order to gauge what we should be getting from a defensive player of Lawrence's caliber....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet nobody talking about it, because they get it. there's more to it.

Sorry but I’m not keeping up with people in Chicago are or aren’t saying. I’m worried about my team and their overpaid players.