DMN: Aikman on Pacman's Return: 'An absolute mistake'

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
dbair1967;2443335 said:
:rolleyes:

again, Troy had very little to do with drafting LaFleur. He threw footballs to him at a workout, which he showed very well in.

The guy was a top-10 rated prospect by Blesto. He looked like he was going to be a very good TE for a long time, then was done in by a back injury.

I believe Troy Aikman was on board with the Drew Henson signing.

Or at least all the folks who were fans of Drew Henson certainly stated that.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Unless Troy is willing to play CB for us, he just needs to be quiet.

We need the help with all the injuries.

links18

Reaction score
Can we just get Deion to do a tell-all interview with Pac right before the Steelers game? :laugh2:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
theogt;2442363 said:
Uhhh...actually Pacman's pass defense was extremely good. That's not even debatable.

Adam "Pacman" Jones
21-of-42 (50%), 216 yards, 5.1 ypa, 7 PBU, 0 INT, 1 pass interference

Jenkins has been pretty disappointing, however. Fortunately, we drafted at least one starting quality corner in 2008.
Uhhh....what's not debatable is those stats are about as legitimate as Pacman's chances of staying out of trouble.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2443341 said:
I believe Troy Aikman was on board with the Drew Henson signing.

Or at least all the folks who were fans of Drew Henson certainly stated that.

Alot of scouts had Henson rated a very high 1st rd pick, if not the 1st overall pick had he not left football for baseball. Obviously alot of people saw things to like about him.

I'm still surprised he didnt at least turn into a decent backup, although he may get another legit chance to play in Detroit now. Thought I read where he was going to be the #2 QB this week. Culpepper has been awful.

khiladi

Reaction score
dbair1967;2443319 said:
Of those, only one made any difference at all.

He was toast way too often.

His best play was a forced fumble on a running play vs GB.

And he was downright awful on punt returns, which was the one thing I thought he'd really make an impact for us with.

How was he toast way too often, when the numbers say he had the best numbers?

And it is quite interesting, how you were criticizing Wade for all his soft-zone crap during the time Adam played, saying that the coaching sucked, but when you want to criticize Adam, all of the sudden Adam's play is in question...

And what about Bruce Read as a special teams coach? Patrick Crayton has 7 fair catches on the year, which is not counted in his yards measured. Has Pac-man ever fair-catched in situations when he has no blocking? Dude was running east to west, because he had no blocking whatsoever... zero, nada...

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
Troy is always critizing what we do.
i honestly think pacman did good as a corner while he played
he has done much punting because he has to get the feel of it..
he's still rusty if troy hasn't forgotten
i'm hoping pacman comes back ready to play and help this cowboys d

RoadRunner

Reaction score
ajk23az;2442292 said:
Aikman on Pacman's return: 'An absolute mistake'
6:58 AM Tue, Nov 25, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

Troy Aikman visited Tim Brando's Sporting News Radio show on Monday and re-affirmed he doesn't have "Pacman Fever."

"I don't know why they are bringing him back," said Aikman, who will call Pacman's scheduled return for Fox on Dec. 7 in Pittsburgh. "I just think that is an absolute mistake. The players won't say it ...I sense players don't want him back...On the field he didn't help them in the return game, which is really where he was supposed to help them, and teams targeted him in pass defense. He was confused out there on the field. So there really isn't anything he did as a player that warranted another chance by the oraganzaztion or at least maybe taking another risk on him. Who knows maybe he comes back and helps this team. I just don't see it."

I think Troy was seeing what he wanted to see, and was not objectively looking at the facts. Jones graded out as our best cover guy when he was playing.